Quote Originally Posted by Lollis View Post
    You are aware that they changed how the servers list population right?
    Of course he is. But apparently them upping server capacity means the game has lost subs. /logic.

You are aware that they changed how the servers list population right?
    When servers/realms that are merged have "low" population but back in the WoTLK i had to wait for 15-30min to get into that means something. The realm i transferred has medium population and you can clearly notice that but even medium realm population is nothing when you compare it how it was just 4+ years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Hav0kk View Post
    ever since WotLK there was a massive change in the direction of the game, and coincidently, was when the Activision-Blizzard takeover happened, the game started to become a linear spoonfed questing experience full of menus and ease of access features in order to attract the more casual player, and it killed off a large chunk of the playerbase, ever since then the game has declined at a steady rate, i just cant see wow been repaired at this point unless they make a wow 2 or do legacy servers, at this point i think it is needed for the game.
    Because remember folks, Vanilla was all about hardcore players and serious players. Don't let such things as the truth get in the way of your posts though. You know like the fact that less raiders by percentage raided in Vanilla than any other expansion meaning that mostly casual players played in Vanilla. Hell most people didn't even hit max level in Vanilla. But keep posting bullshit and try and promote it as the truth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    When servers/realms that are merged have "low" population but back in the WoTLK i had to wait for 15-30min to get into that means something. The realm i transferred has medium population and you can clearly notice that but even medium realm population is nothing when you compare it how it was just 4+ years ago.
    They upped the capacity... that's the entire point. And people still talking about ghost towns like there isn't 5 max level viable zones plus dalaran and two faction capitals. 4+ years ago every single person was stuck in one or two places per faction, three if you were lucky.

Or maybe I'm completely wrong about population spread and it was in vanilla that we had the most people simply because Ironforge was packed to the rafters, we did have things to do in the world, honest.
    Last edited by Lollis; 2017-06-27 at 04:28 PM.
    Speciation Is Gradual

Some people just prefer the older versions of the game, they are just being stubborn about the issue. i know for a fact they could quite easly do legacy servers, they just choose not to in order to milk every last penny from the game until it dies off completley, so they can move onto more profitable games like overwatch and HOTS.
    Yes Blizzard HATES money so that is why they are trying to kill their own MMO . You don't know jack shit as a 'fact' when it comes to what Blizz could and couldn't do.

They upped the capacity... that's the entire point. And people still talking about ghost towns like there isn't 5 max level viable zones plus dalaran and two faction capitals.
    Do you realize what i said? I used to see more ppl when my realm wasnt merged than now when its merged! How hard is to understand that? One realm had 100s of people running around each city ( no mater what expansion ) now when my realm is merged and even with connected realms i see less ppl!
    You really wanna tell me that WoW has more players now than it had at the end on MoP?

So youve basically just admitted that you never played vanilla wow and you argue with me about how bad it was, that just says it all.
    I played Vanilla WoW and I think you are full of it with some of your claims about WotLK.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    Do you realize what i said? I used to see more ppl when my realm wasnt merged than now when its merged! How hard is to understand that? One realm had 100s of people running around each city ( no mater what expansion ) now when my realm is merged and even with connected realms i see less ppl!
    You really wanna tell me that WoW has more players now than it had at the end on MoP?
    I'm saying that there are many more places to go at max level than there was in mop.
    Speciation Is Gradual

I'm saying that there are many more places to go at max level than there was in mop.
    How many ppl you know that afk/play at max level in MoP, WoD.... areas? I remember doing quests in Wotlk and seeing more ppl on one realm than i do now when realms are connected. I can do 5+ WQ ( without quest helper ) and dont see a single player.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Wrath still had the original design it was just way more accessible to everyone.
    No.
    Wrath homogeneized the classes, destroyed 5-men, destroyed progression, destroyed realm community (with LFD) and institutionalized the concept of "only last raid tier is content".

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    No.
    Wrath homogeneized the classes, destroyed 5-men, destroyed progression, destroyed realm community (with LFD) and institutionalized the concept of "only last raid tier is content".
    I guess that means there is no community in Legion, no one does 5 man dungeons, there are no raids and everyone players the exact same template class..oh wait what do you know, what you just said was total bullshit.

Population tresholds have been dramaticly increased since vanila, thus queues were more frequent then also because of this.

Now, i don't know how many ppl are "subbed" to the game currently but more often than not i feel that i take longer to find a group for a dungeon being queued up in lfd currently than when i try to find a group on a vanilla server. The game is not dead, far from that, but the population is at a all time low i dare to say, and you don't take long to realize that by just playing the game.

Deleted
    theres so many servers and 80% of them are empty. why dont they close them down and change them to legacy realms instead?

theres so many servers and 80% of them are empty. why dont they close them down and change them to legacy realms instead?
    Because...

1. You just made up that number as you have been doing with your speculation.
    2. Most low pops are connected. They intend to connect more.
    3. When server capacity was increased a lot of Medium ones now display as Low and some Highs went to Medium. Don't be disingenuous.
    4. You seem to think implementing Legacy is as simple as it looks on Blizzards end when there are loads of factors to consider.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by voidillusion View Post
    Population tresholds have been dramaticly increased since vanila, thus queues were more frequent then also because of this.

Now, i don't know how many ppl are "subbed" to the game currently but more often than not i feel that i take longer to find a group for a dungeon being queued up in lfd currently than when i try to find a group on a vanilla server. The game is not dead, far from that, but the population is at a all time low i dare to say, and you don't take long to realize that by just playing the game.
    And again that is speculation. You have no concrete evidence to suggest it's at an all time low. Nobody does. I could say it's 10 million right now and it's still speculation. I'm getting really short queues as DPS which usually takes long as hell to pop. See different experiences right there that can in no way attribute to population.

Getting pretty standard queue pops of 10-15 mins as DPS in LFR most of the time shorter as well.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-06-27 at 06:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Because...

1. You just made up that number as you have been doing with your speculation.
    2. Most low pops are connected. They intend to connect more.
    3. When server capacity was increased a lot of Medium ones now display as Low and some Highs went to Medium. Don't be disingenuous.
    4. You seem to think implementing Legacy is as simple as it looks on Blizzards end when there are loads of factors to consider.

- - - Updated - - -

And again that is speculation. You have no concrete evidence to suggest it's at an all time low. Nobody does. I could say it's 10 million right now and it's still speculation.
    Nor did i say that i had "concrete evidence", i do however have a working brain, more than 10 years playing this game, and some degree of common sense.

I still don't understand why some folks get buthurt when somebody says "hey guys i think the game is low on subs!"

Quote Originally Posted by voidillusion View Post
    Nor did i say that i had "concrete evidence", i do however have a working brain, more than 10 years playing this game, and some degree of common sense.

I still don't understand why some folks get buthurt when somebody says "hey guys i think the game is low on subs!"
    More because people spout things like "I think Legion has less than 3 mil subs" then try to palm it off as fact by saying they are correct. Not you personally. But nobody here has the sub numbers. We don't know how high or low they are so all we can do is guess. But we can't correlate queue times to that because we all have different experiences. I've been getting really quick queues as DPS recently whereas you said you have been getting longer ones.

It's just getting old seeing the same old zealotry of people spouting "vanilla was best lalalala I can't hear you". It just hurts the Legacy crowd more than it helps them. And again this isn't aimed at everyone who wants Vanilla or you personally dude. I've actually had some good discussions with people who are Pro Legacy.

I'm all for Vanilla. If they wanna do servers then go for it. But at the moment they don't and the last time we heard of anything was around Blizzcon last year.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-06-27 at 07:28 PM.

It used to be that each server could support a fixed number of simultaneous connections. Then came CRZ and then merged servers.

Just before Legion they developed the tech to totally get away from that. Each zone is designed for an optimal number of players and the game now creates as many instances of each zone as needs demand. So players will almost always see a full zone, even if the number of players is 8% (to pick a number at random) of the normal population.

By the way 80% of all statistics are made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Paperfox View Post
    It used to be that each server could support a fixed number of simultaneous connections. Then came CRZ and then merged servers.

Just before Legion they developed the tech to totally get away from that. Each zone is designed for an optimal number of players and the game now creates as many instances of each zone as needs demand. So players will almost always see a full zone, even if the number of players is 8% (to pick a number at random) of the normal population.

By the way 80% of all statistics are made up.
    Sharding is the reason Legion had such a smooth bloody launch. Wish MMOs that don't have it would implement it or Megaserver tech at least.

Deleted
    Theorycrafting-crafting :-)

Quote Originally Posted by anklestabber View Post
    I would love an xpac where I could spend 6-12 months leveling and 6-12 months doing end game dungeons (vanilla lvl 60 style dungeons). That's what "casual" content is, not this dumbed down zerging that the whole game had devolved into.
    This is what I've been advocating for so long. The leveling needs to last at least one or two months, if you are fast.