Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Karon View Post
    Lfr and mythic didn't exist back when the term nhc was established.
    Obviously.

adsfasdf
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Obviously.

adsfasdf
    Not so obvious for you, obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by Magicpot View Post
    We're having some problems on Kil'Jaeden NHC this week unfortunately.

Our tanks are getting absolutely dumpstered by his meele and felclaws, despite mitigation up.

These are the same 915+ Paladin tanks that never broke a sweat over krosus mythic damage, yet somehow KJ normal just dumpsters them.

We tried having one Tank take all 5 felclaws, that didn't work at all.

We tried having one tank take 3 and the other 2, that worked slightly better but we still had random times where our tanks would randomly get dumpstered from 60%+ HP with mitigation up.

Anything we're missing here?
    You just said it. 60% hp, on the last 2 hits they need to be full, your healers are supposed to spam the fuck out on the tank during that moment. Also the first 2 hits aren't so bad, if your tanks are tight on mitigation they can start poping shit a little later (like on the third hit).

But yeah, healers have to top the tank instantly between each hits, that shit is brutal even on normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    You just said it. 60% hp, on the last 2 hits they need to be full, your healers are supposed to spam the fuck out on the tank during that moment. Also the first 2 hits aren't so bad, if your tanks are tight on mitigation they can start poping shit a little later (like on the third hit).

But yeah, healers have to top the tank instantly between each hits, that shit is brutal even on normal.
    Nothing should be brutal on normal. Normal is the faceroll difficulty. If something is brutal on normal, it needs a nerf.

On nightmare heroic our pally tank had to basically play perfectly. It's a lot easier for our bear tank to manage.

For a druid its so easy. Bristling Fur + RoTS or Barkskin on each Felclaw. Last night I was hitting the armor cap by a lot. 6 stacks of Ironfur was not uncommon. My co-tank would even forget to taunt for awhile and I'd be sitting there with 5 stacks taking melees from the boss and they did 15-20% of my health per only.

As for the armageddons. I solo the big ones in the intermission phase. Ideally you get enough rage for 2 Ironfurs before he goes up, pop 1 Ironfur per big arma. Though at 919 ilvl I don't -need- Ironfur, but it helps the healers.

btw this is for Heroic KJ, not normal.
    Last edited by Xenorun; 2017-06-27 at 06:10 PM.

Nothing should be brutal on normal. Normal is the faceroll difficulty. If something is brutal on normal, it needs a nerf.
    I agree, KJ's fel claw dmg doesn't feel like "Normal" dmg at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    I agree, KJ's fel claw dmg doesn't feel like "Normal" dmg at all.
    For what class? Because on normal at least I managed fine even on my 906 Paladin with awful legos.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cetraben View Post
    NHC is like a german way of saying normal

Nicht being not - N
    and the HC is....Heroic.

therefore, NHC = Not Heroic = Normal

Weird i know...

That's pretty silly considering there are 4 levels of difficulties... So NHC = Not Heroic = could be Mythic, Normal, or LFR. All 3 are "Not Heroic".
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

It's fair to say both avatar and kiljaedens tank damage on normal felt out of line with the rest of the (nonexistent) mechanics going on around. They're not super difficult, but it seems odd desolate host had all it's mechanics removed for normal and yet the tanks are getting hit relatively hard at the end.

And maiden with relatively little going on doesn't seem to hit very hard at all when you'd expect it to as a generic dps check.

Paladin POV with a vengeance co-tank
    Last edited by Raiju; 2017-06-28 at 01:05 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

It's hell for pally tanks c:
    Intel 7700K l Asrock Z270 Taichi l Corsair H115i Pro l G.SKill Trident Z 3200Mhz l EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 l NZXT S340 Elite l EVGA G2 650W PSU

10+ Year Old Account
    Have ppl only played the last 2 addons!?

The term NHC means "Non-Heroic" and was established way back when there were only 2 difficulties - Normal and Heroic.

Even when Flex was introduced, the term stuck. you then had flex/nhc/hc.

PPL - myself included - still use the term NHC since they have been doing so for like 5 addons. Hard to change habbits.
    RL, GM and DK Tank for Guild redacted, EU-Gorgonnash
    Chars: Blood DK / Prot Paladin

Battle Tag: Riemu#2789

We're having some problems on Kil'Jaeden NHC this week unfortunately.

Our tanks are getting absolutely dumpstered by his meele and felclaws, despite mitigation up.

These are the same 915+ Paladin tanks that never broke a sweat over krosus mythic damage, yet somehow KJ normal just dumpsters them.

We tried having one Tank take all 5 felclaws, that didn't work at all.

We tried having one tank take 3 and the other 2, that worked slightly better but we still had random times where our tanks would randomly get dumpstered from 60%+ HP with mitigation up.

Anything we're missing here?
    From the way you are saying things it sounds like you don't know how fel claws work. He just hits extra hard for a couple seconds and stack the fel claws debuff 5 times which increases physical damage taken. You want one tank to take all 5, use a cooldown and/or external after 2 stacks. The second the 5th stack goes out, the other tank (who should have 0 stacks at this point) taunts kil'jaeden. That's it folks. The goal is obviously to put all the debuffs on one tank, then have the other tank have the boss until stacks drop off.

Can the Germans please get over this NHC nonsense already? It was bizarre enough when "non-heroic" was at least unambiguous. Now, it's just plain wrong. Just call it N like the rest of the world please...

big fan of the germans calling alts "Twinks" makes me laugh every time tbh

- - - Updated - - -

a twink raid? well, don't mind if i do
    Brewmaster Icy-Veins Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Xenorun View Post
    For what class? Because on normal at least I managed fine even on my 906 Paladin with awful legos.
    For any class, just compared to the rest of the raid that dmg is way higher, there's absolutely nothing that hits for even half of that dmg. I don't have trouble with it either but these numbers don't fit with the rest of the raid, that's all.

Quote Originally Posted by Riemu2k3 View Post
    Have ppl only played the last 2 addons!?

The term NHC means "Non-Heroic" and was established way back when there were only 2 difficulties - Normal and Heroic.

Even when Flex was introduced, the term stuck. you then had flex/nhc/hc.

PPL - myself included - still use the term NHC since they have been doing so for like 5 addons. Hard to change habbits.
    Non german wow players dont call expansions "addons" either btw.

905 Druid tank here, god this boss was boring overall, hope some crazy stuff happens in Heroic/mythic lol.

Our main tank is a 905ish Paladin also and he was clearly dropping lower than me, but never kicked the bucket even with 5 stack. He did drop like a sack of potatoes from a 7th stack but I think he got clipped by one of the meteors at the same time. Druid tank feels good for the fight, Do nothing for the first 1 or 2 stacks cause they hit like a wet noodle 2nd or 3rd hit pop a frenzied regen, on 3rd hit pop 2-3 iron furs and they guide you home. Keep ironfurs up a much as you can, and try to save a little rage so you can have 2 up for 6th and 7th stacks, after 7 pop a regen and a survival instincts, after 8 or 9 pop another regen and ironbark. Tank it for another 10 seconds or so while the Brez comes off cool down and res your other tank and your good to go.

I like this teir overall for tanking sept for Avatar, HATE swapping off to an add/other boss that is like behind you.>.<

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    Non german wow players dont call expansions "addons" either btw.
    Weirdest "language thing" I've seen so far though was Spanish language players saying "cut" for interrupt / kick.

Quote Originally Posted by haniburr View Post
    I like this teir overall for tanking sept for Avatar, HATE swapping off to an add/other boss that is like behind you.>.<
    When a tank swap is about to happen, move the add next to the boss and each tank positions themself so that they have one add on their right and one on their left (but still in front of them). Avoid tank swapping when a new pillar is activating though.