Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by minkage View Post
    Nintendo announces fanbois dream.

Response - Nintendo sucks.... seriously guys ?

Also how are these on EBAY Already lol
    Might be the fact that Nintendo and their practices as of late have been really awful. Limiting the NES stock, poor Switch decisions and I imagine this will be sold in limited stock as well. Which imo isn't worth it when you can have a retro system using a Raspberry Pi for around £70-80 which in terms of value for money is way better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh, I'll just wait for Star Fox 2 and the proper version of Yoshi's Island to hit the Switch VC in 5-7 years.

I'll snag one for my niece and nephew though.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

https://ebgames.com.au/loot-217392-N...nt-System-Loot

Pre-ordered mine.
    Strictly 1 per customer and Australia only shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by minkage View Post
    Nintendo announces fanbois dream.

Response - Nintendo sucks.... seriously guys ?

Also how are these on EBAY Already lol
    they suck because of thier track record. I dont think there is a person here who has faith in nintendos ability to supply this to the amount of people that will want it. Thats why everyone should just build a retro pi and be happy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    Meh, I'll just wait for Star Fox 2 and the proper version of Yoshi's Island to hit the Switch VC in 5-7 years.

I'll snag one for my niece and nephew though.
    but then switch 2 will be out and none of your vc titles will xfer.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder how many of these were purchased by scalpers.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

Pandaren Monk
    7+ Year Old Account
    those are some great games right there

It is a travesty Chrono Trigger isn't included.

Deleted
    I still have my original SNES from back in the day

Would be cooler if they can make new games for that.

10+ Year Old Account
    That is like... a legendary list of games right there. Definitely gonna pick this up if I can.

Donkey Kong Country, Mega Man X, Secret of Mana, Super Metroid, Super Mario RPG, Super Mario World... This seems like it could be welllll worth it. Some of the games I actually grew up with and enjoyed immensely. Please, Nintendo, for the love of all that is Holy.. MAKE LOTS OF THESE!

Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    does any one know how does those mini editions compare to the original in terms of rendering ? is it an improvement ? or a near perfect emulation ?
    Emulation with full support for 1080p. It's not going to be extra detailed, it's just lagged as the original ones but cleare and able to be plugged into a modern TV.

Side note: for the MiniNES, you don't get a power plug, only a micro usb cable and an hdmi one. Anyway, you can plug the usb directly on one of the powered usb ports of the TV and the MiniNES runs more than fine.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    they suck because of thier track record. I dont think there is a person here who has faith in nintendos ability to supply this to the amount of people that will want it. Thats why everyone should just build a retro pi and be happy.

- - - Updated - - -

but then switch 2 will be out and none of your vc titles will xfer.
    Nintendo does 1 thing right, SNES classic and follows it up by doing 10 things wrong. Classic Nintendo.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, I can't wait to not find one in stores again!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Wow, I can't wait to not find one in stores again!
    Its only talked about in hushed whispers and the mad ravings of Target employees.

I really want one of these but you can bet money that Nintendo is gonna eff it up once again.

Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    http://kotaku.com/nintendo-announces...sic-1796418700

Kotaku reached out to Nintendo about the SNES Classic and added an update to their original article.

But basically, what Nintendo said is they are planning to have significantly more SNES Classics than NES Classic, but have no plans to continue shipping the system after the end of the 2017 calendar year.
    I can see they want it to be the cool/exclusive thing to have,. but...

If it sells,. and it makes a profit - why would they stop / limit production?
    People want it,. you make money,. why stop selling?

Boggles the mind really. A company that doesn't want more money?

Quote Originally Posted by Coffeh View Post
    It is a travesty Chrono Trigger isn't included.
    And no bomberman,.
    And no lufia 2,.
    And no Breath of Fire 2,.
    Those were AMAZING games! Like,. I spent hours and hours on them and loved every minute of it.

At least Secret of mana is in,. and metroid.
    I can't quite understand why they would limit it to 21 games.
    They must really have tried to squeeze out the max memory on this thing.
    Or put on a 512 MB card and suddenly ran out of space for games?
    Maybe to make it harder for hackers to make something useful out of the system - like they did with the mini NES?

But yeah,. if people want the full list of GREAT games for the SNES platform,.
    I can only keep repeating "just build a retropie" - It's just totally worth your money.

Maybe they plan to make a mini Nes/SNES-Pro next year, with 50+ games?
    Or a N64 ^,^
    Last edited by bbr; 2017-06-27 at 06:18 PM.

Isn't the Switch online service going to let you play all these old games anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    The biggest thing is Nintendo is actually releasing the cancelled Star Fox 2.
    This is the only reason I will actively be trying to get this. A complete, fully developed, version officially released rather than the earlier version ROM.

Though I'm still hoping someone will manage to pull the game and flash it on a reproduction cart for play on an actual SNES.

Quote Originally Posted by bbr View Post
    I can see they want it to be the cool/exclusive thing to have,. but...

If it sells,. and it makes a profit - why would they stop / limit production?
    People want it,. you make money,. why stop selling?

Boggles the mind really. A company that doesn't want more money?
    Probably because these are short term novelty/nostalgia items. The bigger goal would be to draw people onto Switch to increase the install base and offer games on Virtual Console. A 1-2 whammy would be to include a code in the NES / SNES Classic minis that offered some Switch Virtual Console games (if it was up and running and games were available the whole time). That would push people towards Switch.

And no bomberman,.
    And no lufia 2,.
    And no Breath of Fire 2,.
    Those were AMAZING games! Like,. I spent hours and hours on them and loved every minute of it.
    Part of the issue is what they were allowed to add.

Neverland went bankrupt, so who knows who owns Lufia 2 rights now.
    Konami would have to sign off on Bomberman. I'm surprised they didn't since they have a new one on Switch (though again, competing with yourself there)
    Breath of Fire 1 & 2 are the same with Capcom, but they seem focused near exclusively on Mega Man re-releases and Street Fighter, which is all they allowed here

For all the games that "should" have been on here, we've probably got their publishers to look to for their lack of presence.

I aslo wish Square/Nintendo had included FF II and Chrono Trigger as well, though.

At least Secret of mana is in,. and metroid.
    I can't quite understand why they would limit it to 21 games.
    They must really have tried to squeeze out the max memory on this thing.
    Or put on a 512 MB card and suddenly ran out of space for games?
    Maybe to make it harder for hackers to make something useful out of the system - like they did with the mini NES?

But yeah,. if people want the full list of GREAT games for the SNES platform,.
    I can only keep repeating "just build a retropie" - It's just totally worth your money.

Maybe they plan to make a mini Nes/SNES-Pro next year, with 50+ games?
    Or a N64 ^,^[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by Coffeh View Post
    Isn't the Switch online service going to let you play all these old games anyway?
    Not all old games. I think it's certain selections that will be available there.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Oh thank God it's just my reading ability lacking. Def buying now <3
    Maybe this will spur Nintendo and Square to do a new one.

Though, honestly, I keep saying I would be fine with a Square/Nintendo "Super Smash Bros. RPG" instead. Sort of a Super Mario RPG style game version of Kingdom Hearts putting Smash Bros. cast comingling with Final Fantasy cast so they have an excuse to give me ALL THE FINAL FANTASY CHARACTER AMIIBOS. OwO

While this doesn't really interest me... I did raise an eyebrow and smiled slyly to myself when I saw that Starfox 2 was going to be on there.

Back in the start of 1995 I was working with the EGM/EGM2 staffs and this game was a pretty big deal for us as two of our editors, Andy Baran and Danyon Carpenter, not only secretly recorded direct footage of the game via secretly swapping in a splitter cable into our High-8 recorder right under Nintendo's nose at their CES Booth (Back before there was an E3...), but Andy managed to beat the ENTIRE game on the show floor - of which we later published a massive 4 page "preview" strategy guide showcasing the game all the way to the end in our magazine EGM2, #8 - published WAAAY back in 1995! None of us knew, at that time, that this fully-completed game would've been canceled until now! ^_^

Just found my old issue that had it! Although I'm reluctant to remove it out of the polybag. >_<

Last edited by mvaliz; 2017-06-27 at 07:52 PM.