Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Killface1 View Post
    So this buff is obviously fucking awful. It does nothing to address root concerns of a shitty tier set, non-existent cleave, and a class that has the direction of a rudderless sailboat floating in a windless dead spot in the middle of the ocean. Also the sailboat doesn't have sails, or a mast. And the people on it have run out of food.

But as far as the specifics, the mastery buff should hit our chaos strike damage significantly, no? Shouldn't that just be a flat "do 7% more damage with chaos strike and eyebeam" buff?
    Another one that thinks percentages can be added or subtracted linearly as if they were normal numbers. *sigh*
    Burn it. BURN IT!

Because blizzard is ambiguous on what they mean and often do add percentages.

Yes, if something does 50% damage and they add in a fix that says "Ability does 10% more damage" they could literally mean either 55% or 60% and they've done it BOTH ways.

Quote Originally Posted by fluttershypony View Post
    Why would any of the devs think cancer shit like felrush/leaping BACKWARDS/PICKING UP FUCKING ORBS is good design?

you really think being forced to play around that garbage when having to do mythic progression against 0 brain 0 skill rotations like warlocks/arms warriors makes things any easier of you?

The easier/less buttons/less attention/less movement your spec needs, the more you can dedicate on raid awareness and other stuff.
    Not everyone like easy stuff, you know.

Quote Originally Posted by fluttershypony View Post
    Why would any of the devs think cancer shit like felrush/leaping BACKWARDS/PICKING UP FUCKING ORBS is good design?

you really think being forced to play around that garbage when having to do mythic progression against 0 brain 0 skill rotations like warlocks/arms warriors makes things any easier of you?

The easier/less buttons/less attention/less movement your spec needs, the more you can dedicate on raid awareness and other stuff.
    lol zero brain warlocks. I can tell you never played one in your life. At the very least they press more buttons than havoc ever will.

Less movement? Bitch, please. Warlock is the least mobile class in the game. If anyone suffers from mechanics targeting them, it's them.

It just so happens melee don't get to sodomize the boss 24/7 while all mechanics go to ranged just like they did in NH.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    lol zero brain warlocks. I can tell you never played one in your life. At the very least they press more buttons than havoc ever will.

Less movement? Bitch, please. Warlock is the least mobile class in the game. If anyone suffers from mechanics targeting them, it's them.

It just so happens melee don't get to sodomize the boss 24/7 while all mechanics go to ranged just like they did in NH.
    yeah so now we have mechanics that force melee to run out of the hitbox to deal with them while rdps needs to do the same, but the only difference is that rdps CAN ACTUALLY STILL HIT THE BOSS.

I believe the idea is that ranged attacks of much power typically have a cast time, so when they have to move they aren't attacking.

Quote Originally Posted by Synthium View Post
    Another one that thinks percentages can be added or subtracted linearly as if they were normal numbers. *sigh*
    I don't know, maybe I've played this game too long and seen too balance hot fixes come out, normally I'd agree with you that it was obvious that's what they meant, but as somebody has already pointed out, in the past Blizzard has been pretty ambiguous about that and has done it both ways, which is why I wondered which one they meant.

Looks like it was to the modifier though RIP

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    Nothing obvious about how the mastery buff will be applied. From their wording, it could probably be done in 4-5 different ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Revan0608 View Post
    yeah so now we have mechanics that force melee to run out of the hitbox to deal with them while rdps needs to do the same, but the only difference is that rdps CAN ACTUALLY STILL HIT THE BOSS.
    There's this thing called casting, which you can't do while moving since not everyone is a frost mage with 40%+ of their damage coming from instant casts.

destro lock's only instant cast is conflagrate, which makes for less than 10% of their total damage, and 45 sec cd portal artifact ability. Demo = 100% hard casts. Affliction's top 40% damage, unstable affliction, plus another good 10%+ from drain soul are hard casts.

Balance druid dots (their only instant casts besides starsurge which is a resource dump) suck shit without starfall, and you don't build astral power without hardcasts.

Ele shaman's only instant cast = flame and earth shock. Earthshock requires several lightning bolts and lava bursts to build maelstrom, which are not instant casts unless lava surge works.

By all means feel free to re-roll a ranged DPS and try not losing significant DPS with movement.
    Last edited by Lucrece; 2017-06-27 at 07:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post

By all means feel free to re-roll a ranged DPS and try not losing significant DPS with movement.
    Bm hunter, the answer for all your woes!

Quote Originally Posted by aGit View Post
    Bm hunter, the answer for all your woes!
    You could say the same of unholy DK, the one melee entirely unaffected by mechanics courtesy of clawing shadows and disease damage.

Good ranged DPS can always be casting something during movement. It's what separates the average from the above average players. I parse purple on mage, ele shaman, warlock, and havoc. Ranged is more difficult than melee, but not by a lot.