Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Because we've been taught to dehumanize the other side, thus no one wants to find middle ground, they just want to win. Who needs critical thinking when you can point fingers and blame the other side for EVERYTHING that has gone wrong. Couple that with an uninformed population and you get this.
    Last edited by Bathory; 2017-06-27 at 10:06 PM.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

The noise is entertaining.

Japanese look at us and say "what a lively bunch."

Just look at this thread, all kinds of Americans from all kinds of economic and social levels just chatting away.

And Europeans are welcome too.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Amalaric View Post
    All this hatred about politics is it really healthy?

All this rioting, yelling and screaming, tear gassing and throwing hard objects is it really healthy?
    geeze this is tame vs the 60's and 70's and 80's.....

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    Yeah, and a college was taken over by radical leftist and forced to close(evergreen). An extremist left leaning professor beat the shit out of random people for only having a disagreement with them.

Yeah, ripping off someone's close if fucking bullshit. But the fact that you're only interested in one side shows that you don't want to heal the divide. It tells me you're part of the problem.

Boogie and Anita were having a discussion at a Vidcon panel and the difference between them is insane. Boogie calls for compassion while Anita calls for censorship. Which one do you think will have success?
    You are making an assumption I only care about one side. I just pointed out something that has directly involved people I know, big difference. Even better is they were historically Republicans. If I took your same leap I would assume that the GoP has turned on its own like starving coyotes in a frenzy. If you read the next post you would see that I said it was an issue that was on all sides, not just a left or right one. Go ahead be the sad oppressed little fella and only worry about how things might effect you. Maybe somebody can find you a safe space.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    How many 'I hate America' threads are you going to start?
    Zero and how many are you going to start?
    "Every country has the government it deserves."
    Joseph de Maistre (1753 – 1821)

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    America definitely isn't 'tearing itself apart'. The media might want it to seem like that, because that's how it makes money. A few vocal minorities might seem like it, because thats what they do.

Other than that is largely business as usual for the other 99.98% of the country.
    I agree, news media is dishonest. It's time for that institution to change or end.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because the majority race in America rather it burn down rather than share or be in the minority because regardless to their BS they recognize the truth of history and its impact they know what happened before is why things are the way they are.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    geeze this is tame vs the 60's and 70's and 80's.....
    That's a very good point.

Chicago 1968.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    Yeah, and a college was taken over by radical leftist and forced to close(evergreen). An extremist left leaning professor beat the shit out of random people for only having a disagreement with them.

Yeah, ripping off someone's close if fucking bullshit. But the fact that you're only interested in one side shows that you don't want to heal the divide. It tells me you're part of the problem.

Boogie and Anita were having a discussion at a Vidcon panel and the difference between them is insane. Boogie calls for compassion while Anita calls for censorship. Which one do you think will have success?
    Sarkeesian? And I don't know who this Boogie is?

10+ Year Old Account
    Zero and how many are you going to start?
    Zero you say? you have 2 running that you've started in the last 3 days... I dont start threads... I dont need to.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well it's nothing that much different really.

Trump's problem is that he can't seem to be able to shut up (or maybe stop typing would be more appropriate), which kinda adds fuel to the fire and makes things stand out more than they would otherwise, but other than that? Business as usual, Wall Street Wall Streets, US Army spreading Liberty and Democracy cancer all over the world, police shooting random people and retarded kids gun down their classmates or neighbors just like they did that all when Obama was a thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    All this hatred about politics is it really healthy?

All this rioting, yelling and screaming, tear gassing and throwing hard objects is it really healthy?
    Ridiculously high level of spending on the military while ignoring healthcare,education and other necessary social services. It's such a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Ridiculously high level of spending on the military while ignoring healthcare,education and other necessary social services. It's such a shame.
    Welcome back Tennisace you have been sorely missed.

- - - Updated - - -

Zero you say? you have 2 running that you've started in the last 3 days... I dont start threads... I dont need to.
    Nuh-uh no siree Bob and you are telling me that you are not a thread starter?

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    We have states that are larger than most European countries. Since we are just 1 country of 300 million people, it is very hard to come to an agreement on most anything.

- - - Updated - - -

Paired with this. 300 million people, now are 300 million voices.
    300 million people with about 300 different languages. Our diversity is our strength.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Well, if we cut back on our military spending a lot of people that live under the umbrella of US defense would have to start taking care of themselves... and a great many of those countries are loathe to spend what they currently spend let alone enough to cover the shortfall that a US defense cutback would leave them to do.

- - - Updated - - -

Welcome back Tennisace you have been sorely missed.

- - - Updated - - -

Nuh-uh no siree Bob and you are telling me that you are not a thread starter?
    Zero threads started... its right there in front of you... all you have to do is open your eyes.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, the U.S. seems like it is having issues. We are a very large country, and quite a young country. But as mentioned, it isn't quite as bad as the media makes it out to be. When you hear about a news story, consider that this is one place in a very large country. It would be like hearing about trouble in Ireland, then assuming all if Europe is going crazy. There are many very quiet and peaceful places in the U.S. where very little if no stories at all make headlines.

Also, there really hasn't been any time in recorded history where some country hasn't been dealing with civil unrest. It's just the way human's are. We are social, yet competative. Some lean one way harder, and others lean the other. This divide is eternal, and will never end.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    How many 'I hate America' threads are you going to start?
    His thread is great and worthy of discussion. Please contribute otherwise you are derailing.

I read the news just about everyday and there is a lot of evidence to back up the OP's claim.

It's a cycle, civilizations go through it. Its been repeated time and time again.

Order -> Corruption -> Chaos -> Order -> Corruption -> Chaos

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Because the majority race in America rather it burn down rather than share or be in the minority because regardless to their BS they recognize the truth of history and its impact they know what happened before is why things are the way they are.
    In some metropolitan areas, the "majority race" is the minority.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    name a communist country that isn't starving.

http://www.worldhunger.org/hunger-in...poverty-facts/

12.7% of american households struggle to feed themselves which it says are DOWN
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillern View Post
    "IM LOOKING AT A THING I DONT LIKE, I HAVE THE OPTION TO GO AWAY FROM IT BUT I WILL LOOK MORE AND COMPLAIN ABOUT THE THING I DONT LIKE BECAUSE I DONT LIKE IT, NO ONE IS FORCING ME TO SEARCH FOR THIS THING OR LOOK AT THIS THING OR REMAIN LOOKING AT THIS THING BUT I AM ANYWAY, ITS OFFENDS ME! ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME!!!"
    Troof