Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    His thread is great and worthy of discussion. Please contribute otherwise you are derailing.

I read the news just about everyday and there is a lot of evidence to back up the OP's claim.
    Just wait a week and we will have "I love America Day".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yelmurc View Post
    It's a cycle, civilizations go through it. Its been repeated time and time again.

Order -> Corruption -> Chaos -> Order -> Corruption -> Chaos
    This is how I see it as well. It's the ebb and flow between peace and unrest.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    Well, if we cut back on our military spending a lot of people that live under the umbrella of US defense would have to start taking care of themselves... and a great many of those countries are loathe to spend what they currently spend let alone enough to cover the shortfall that a US defense cutback would leave them to do.

- - - Updated - - -

Zero threads started... its right there in front of you... all you have to do is open your eyes.
    I'm guessing that it makes you proud? Well then have a 'never started a thread on MMO-Champion' award from me.
    "Every country has the government it deserves."
    Joseph de Maistre (1753 – 1821)

10+ Year Old Account
    His thread is great and worthy of discussion. Please contribute otherwise you are derailing.

I read the news just about everyday and there is a lot of evidence to back up the OP's claim.
    then you'll be happy to provide this 'evidence' of 'America tearing itself apart'

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiyld View Post
    http://www.worldhunger.org/hunger-in...poverty-facts/

12.7% of american households struggle to feed themselves which it says are DOWN
    Does not compute with the obesity rate people claim

It's not. don't listen to the news considering it's mostly BS propaganda for the democrats.

Ridiculously high level of spending on the military while ignoring healthcare,education and other necessary social services. It's such a shame.
    The US military is underfunded by at least $100 billion per year. Perhaps twice that.

The budget has to fit the mission's assigned. If we want to spend less on the military, then we need to ask less of it, so it hires fewer people to do it. And that doesn't mean fewer bases around the world or things like that. The largest source of increases military spending has been personnel costs - salary, benefits and healthcare.

Let me spell out that last one for you. A single Army infantry brigade combat team costs more than ten times as much as a single F-16 Fighter Squadron.

A smaller military budget doesn't mean less aircraft carriers or fewer wars. It means hiring hundreds of thousands fewer people. It's as simple as that.

USA's political system is one of the most flawed and corrupt in the world.
    It allows rich families and corporations to be above the law and do whatever the hell they please.

Its military, oil and pharma corporations are running the country while robbing it for billions of tax dollars.
    Corrupt politicians drum up a war, USA pays billions of $ to military/oil/whatever corporations for the resources/equipment AND those corps then get cheap oil/whatever from ruined countries.

The whole 2 party political system is a cesspool of nonsense and filth, all made just as a theatrical show so the masses dont see who is robbing and ruining their lives.
    The education and health/social security system is also unbelievably garbage, completely turned against the common man with average income.

And yet many USA citizens will attack you if you dare mention any of the hilariously obvious flaws that their corrupt elite intentionally enforces.
    I am honestly not interested in any debate or discussion about USA, i just dropped my answer to the OP's question and left.
    Last edited by Aleksej89; 2017-06-27 at 10:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    USA's political system is one of the most flawed and corrupt in the world.
    It allows rich families and corporations to be above the law and do whatever the hell they please.

The whole 2 party political system is a cesspool of nonsense and filth, all made just as a theatrical show so the masses dont see who is robbing and ruining their lives.
    The education and health/social security system is also unbelievably garbage, completely turned against the common man with average income.

And yet many USA citizens will attack you if you dare mention any of the hilariously obvious flaws that their corrupt elite intentionally enforces.
    I am honestly not interested in any debate or discussion about USA, i just dropped my answer to the OP's question and left.
    Im a U.S. citizen, and I support this statement.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amalaric View Post
    All this hatred about politics is it really healthy? All this rioting, yelling and screaming, tear gassing and throwing hard objects is it really healthy?
    Heated political discussions are par for the course. It is a trope for fights at family gatherings. For someone who seems keen on criticizing the USA lately you sure know little about the country and what happens. Its not like rioting, yelling, screaming, etc is new. Heck even the 1950's, that you think had the highest QOL in history of the USA, had civil unrest and heated political battles. Though the 60's is where the civil unrest really got going.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._United_States
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McCarthyism

Before hitting post on your next USA attack thread perhaps to a little google fu.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

All this hatred about politics is it really healthy?

All this rioting, yelling and screaming, tear gassing and throwing hard objects is it really healthy?
    we arnt tearing ourselfs apart?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    You were interested enough to comment in the first place. I always hate when people say things like this when if they truly were not interested in any discussion they would enter the discussion themselves.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Sarkeesian? And I don't know who this Boogie is?
    Odd, Boogie2988 has a huge audience(4mil subs as opposed to Anita's 200k) and has breached the divide in the SJW and anti-SJW camps. He confronts the controversy with kindness pretty much. Which is why you probably never heard of him. Hard to make the news if you don't make any waves.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    You are making an assumption I only care about one side. I just pointed out something that has directly involved people I know, big difference. Even better is they were historically Republicans. If I took your same leap I would assume that the GoP has turned on its own like starving coyotes in a frenzy. If you read the next post you would see that I said it was an issue that was on all sides, not just a left or right one. Go ahead be the sad oppressed little fella and only worry about how things might effect you. Maybe somebody can find you a safe space.
    Except it's not on all sides. Schools are a breeding ground for radicals. The leader of BAMN is a violent Antifa leader and also was allowed to indoctrinate her students and bring them to protests(the same protests where she was video taped violently assaulting people). Politicians rarely have personal interactions with people and have very little social influence. Trump won't be president in 2020. It will shift back to the left because everyone will see how everyone from the right will always be a bad choice. We just have to hope the DNC doesn't fuck up like last time. It was as bad as Theresa May recent fuck up. Could have easily won if they weren't so damn stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    Odd, Boogie2988 has a huge audience(4mil subs as opposed to Anita's 200k) and has breached the divide in the SJW and anti-SJW camps. He confronts the controversy with kindness pretty much. Which is why you probably never heard of him. Hard to make the news if you don't make any waves.
    Yes probably.
    "Every country has the government it deserves."
    Joseph de Maistre (1753 – 1821)

Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    The point is their relevancy to every day life in America is hugely overblown. America isn't going to crumble because some antifa retards and alt-right larpers want to hit each other with sticks.
    they do stoke the fires of partisanship, encourage violence, and set new standards of conduct.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    I said popular. Not some fringe group disliked by everyone.
    Unless you also think the KKK is popular.
    BLM is surprising popular.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    The US military is underfunded by at least $100 billion per year. Perhaps twice that.

The budget has to fit the mission's assigned. If we want to spend less on the military, then we need to ask less of it, so it hires fewer people to do it. And that doesn't mean fewer bases around the world or things like that. The largest source of increases military spending has been personnel costs - salary, benefits and healthcare.

Let me spell out that last one for you. A single Army infantry brigade combat team costs more than ten times as much as a single F-16 Fighter Squadron.

A smaller military budget doesn't mean less aircraft carriers or fewer wars. It means hiring hundreds of thousands fewer people. It's as simple as that.
    People also tend to overlook the fact that it costs much more to hire people in a hurry than it does to maintain the people you already have.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes probably.
    So there we have it. You mistakenly think the USA is tearing itself apart because you only look to sources that stoke that type of sentiment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    BLM is surprising popular.
    They're not communists.

Third time's a charm.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    They're not communists.

Third time's a charm.
    If they ask for universal wealth in my books they are communists. Sorry comrade ;<