Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    It's not.

The day to day is the same as it ever was, and the cult of ignorance has always been here, and will always be here.

We just allowed them to become empowered for a bit. Consider this the burn phase of this particular boss.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hexian View Post
    Ok we are done here
    You were done here before you ever started. Go ahead and continue to complain that hating on corrupt politicians is attacking America.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/11/politi...sis/index.html
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    And yet the deplorables find that all to be acceptable and reality (which is terrifying).

See my sig for the Malcom X quote as to why we currently have a problem in the US.
    Look at what Trump has done. A guy posts about corrupt politicians and here comes @Hexian, defending them as if it's an attack on America it self. Fucked up...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    You were done here before you ever started. Go ahead and continue to complain that hating on corrupt politicians is attacking America.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/11/politi...sis/index.html
    Here's the google search to prempt the CNN FAKE NEWS drivel, @Hexian.

https://tinyurl.com/ybb4bx3n

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    Here's the google search to prempt the CNN FAKE NEWS drivel, @Hexian.

https://tinyurl.com/ybb4bx3n
    It doesn't mater... I have no clue what is wrong with people since November 9th. We cannot even agree that Politicians are corrupt anymore. It used to be the one thing everyone could agree on... it was the olive branch from both sides. You might think Obama is great, someone else could think he was awful... but, we could at least agree that generally speaking, American politicians are corrupt. Now, the same sentiment gets you the 'hating America' tag... wtf?

Quote Originally Posted by Amalaric View Post
    All this hatred about politics is it really healthy?

All this rioting, yelling and screaming, tear gassing and throwing hard objects is it really healthy?
    The left has been full of hate and they have gone unchecked, now the right is finally fighting back!
    C-C-C-Can't Stump the Trump!

Quote Originally Posted by Zormis View Post
    The left has been full of hate and they have gone unchecked, now the right is finally fighting back!
    Super delusional.

Sorry if a handful of cities having some riots doesn't constitute as "falling apart" in my book. There is certainly a larger divide in political spectrum thanks to the 2016 race, but the extreme majority of U.S. citizens are still moving on with their lives.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Don't just blame the media. Our current president called for a revolution 4 years ago. Has claimed that US government only supports costal states. Made claims that government and media are hiding the truth of 45% unemployment and claimed the last US president founded ISIS.
    and it'll get as much attention as media gives it
    Quote Originally Posted by Kekekz View Post
    Everyone hated BC, everyone hated Wrath, everyone hated Cata and everyone will hate MoP. MoP will become the new worst expansion and Al'akir or BoT will become the new "last good raid" or something stupid like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    You're now blocked. Told you I was done with you. You want to pick fights over minute details as if this is the fucking presidential debate on a gaming forum.
    Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Yes, people openly advocating for the oppression and/or extermination of ethnic and religious minorities are oh so helpless.
    Antifa are terrorists and scum. I don't even know what sort of bullshit you're trying to spin, but that's all it is, bullshit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

5+ Year Old Account
    There's a quote out there it's by Edward Gibbon, Seneca or someone like that, I dunno. Anyway it's something like (I paraphrase) "Religion is regarded by the commoner as true, by the wise man as false, and the politician as useful." Something similar, not exact, but similar, could also be said of race. The American Conservative is especially susceptible to this sort of stuff, race and religion. Of course there's more to it, but it's part of the reason they make great cannon fodder for our wars. Texas Governor Sam Houston who died in 1860-something once noted of Southerners how unlike those of the North they are "....a fiery, impulsive people." Indeed. Anyway, look how prone many of these people remain, you almost feel bad for them >>> The fact that the Republicans even tried passing this shit for healthcare should waken them up. Talk about a swing and a miss with that healthcare. BUT because these lowly politicians who are not even fit to clean a dog's anal glands with their tongue will sit up here and manipulate people, appeal to their little gods and race then try to put a knife in their back. Hey, when trump bragged how he could shoot someone on 5th AV and not lose voters... he was insulting y'all, smh.

I honestly don't know what you're even speaking about. Things are pretty much the same as they've always been here

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    The tear gassing happens because of rioting... do you really expect them to just let the rioters do whatever the fuck they want?
    In this case it's the rioters who are tear gassing other people.
    "Every country has the government it deserves."
    Joseph de Maistre (1753 – 1821)

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    Odd, Boogie2988 has a huge audience(4mil subs as opposed to Anita's 200k) and has breached the divide in the SJW and anti-SJW camps. He confronts the controversy with kindness pretty much. Which is why you probably never heard of him. Hard to make the news if you don't make any waves.

Except it's not on all sides. Schools are a breeding ground for radicals. The leader of BAMN is a violent Antifa leader and also was allowed to indoctrinate her students and bring them to protests(the same protests where she was video taped violently assaulting people). Politicians rarely have personal interactions with people and have very little social influence. Trump won't be president in 2020. It will shift back to the left because everyone will see how everyone from the right will always be a bad choice. We just have to hope the DNC doesn't fuck up like last time. It was as bad as Theresa May recent fuck up. Could have easily won if they weren't so damn stupid.
    The DNC is trying to tell the people who they can vote for rather then letting the people pick. Sanders/Clinton are a great example of that. The DNC and fought Sander's rise as much as they could and it destroyed his and Clinton's chances in the long run.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Amalaric View Post
    All this hatred about politics is it really healthy?

All this rioting, yelling and screaming, tear gassing and throwing hard objects is it really healthy?
    The American dream is essentially about narcissism, can't build a functional society around that...it breeds division because 'the common good' gets in the way of selfish mentality. That's why USA will never last, there's no glue to hold them together should seperatism seem lucrative.

It's much the same now as it was in the 80s. Democrats tend to not get nearly as many riots and attacks that Republicans get.

Mostly because the Democrats create a smear campaign that makes every Republican candidate into the reincarnation of Adolf Hitler. They did it to Reagan, they did it to both Bushes.

Go back and watch old videos of the protests that Reagan got. I'm sure some of them were cheering when Reagan got shot.

Quote Originally Posted by IIBloodXLustII View Post
    It's much the same now as it was in the 80s. Democrats tend to not get nearly as many riots and attacks that Republicans get.

Mostly because the Democrats create a smear campaign that makes every Republican candidate into the reincarnation of Adolf Hitler. They did it to Reagan, they did it to both Bushes.

Go back and watch old videos of the protests that Reagan got. I'm sure some of them were cheering when Reagan got shot.
    You should apply for press secretary, you seem to have little to no shame.

Obama was smeared since he ran the first time, Hillary was smeared since her husband became president. And guess what? They still are.

Reagan and the Bushes didn't get smeared; they just got the feedback they deserved.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    The First Amendment guarantees free speech and Americans take advantage of it. You can see the differences in the WoW European forum versus the American forum, the American forum is a controlled riot.

And it's way more entertaining than the EU forum.
    It is a cultural issue, but I do not think the difference would be oppression of opinion; rather, degrees of entitlement. Legally, I suspect the EU forums fall as much under US jurisdiction as US ones due to being on Blizzard's servers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    antifa

/tenchars
    Is that his first or last name?

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dequanacus View Post
    I never claimed that certain people didn't exist, I said that none of what the media portrays is prominent enough to lead to the scenario depicted by OP. Media is not completely baseless (for the most part). It only sensationalizes. Those people obviously exist, but they are given attention beyond the impact that they actually have on most people in America. What is portrayed in media or in the post you quoted are not as common as what media leads people to believe.
    I definitely agree with you on that point. I get tired of MMS reporting on only the sensationalistic stories that portray a certain group of people (I'm thinking of cops atm) without ever providing the other side.