Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesshomaru View Post
    Well, we're in a rather good spot currently, unless they decide to tweak stuff in hotfixes, we should be the gods we deserve to be until 4.1.
    Also, if you happen to be on Chaos data center (who knows, we have Europeans on Aether/Primal, we might have Americans on Chaos), give me a nudge when you finish the last dungeon and move onto the last trial, I'll co-heal with you.
    I'm living in Europe so I'm at EU server (Lich). I'll poke you for sure

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    What kind of macros are you hoping for? Only real macros you should have are mouse over ones, if that's how you prefer healing and maybe a raise one. Outside of that, they start to hinder you.
    Mouse over ones definitely. I know there are some draw ones that make your life easier but dunno

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    Probably not the answer you were hoping for, but I've never used macros.
    :O Can you be my sensei?

15+ Year Old Account
    /micon "Draw"
    /ac "Draw" <mo>

is my draw macro. How all of my other macros look, with a few exceptions (raise macro mainly).

I've only ever had to write two macros:

/ac "comfort zone" <me><wait.3>
    /ac "inner quiet" <me><wait.3>
    /ac "steady hand II" <me><wait.3>
    /ac "manipulation" <me><wait.3>
    /ac "hasty touch" <me><wait.3>
    /echo part 1 done!

and

/ac "great strides" <me><wait.3>
    /ac "ingenuity II" <me><wait.3>
    /ac "byregot's blessing" <me><wait.3>
    /ac "careful synthesis II" <me><wait.3>
    /echo part 2 done!

for any 35 durability item for a two button click HQ rotation. Saving time AND gil!

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    Did you die or wipe on either of the SB primals while leveling? I didn't.

Now I will supplement that I just did my Trial roulette on lunch today. We got Nidhogg and we wiped. We wiped because one player was new didn't know what the stack up icon meant and ran away, and instead of playing the game and EASILY recovering the healer stopped healing to berate and yell at this person who died while the ahk morn murdered 3 other people, the other healer was AFK the entire fight btw so we were 1 healing. Me and the off tank still managed to get Nidhogg down to 1% before he killed us and we wiped. My HG was JUST coming up too >.<

So its true you can certainly wipe on these fights, but it requires extraordinary circumstances. Half of a single healer. A new player who is blind (I get not knowing what a red or blue or purple marker means, but the yellow stack up one is almost painfully obvious). Even still, 2 players almost managed to solo the encounter while syncd.

I hope that clarifies what I'm saying.
    I've just now completed the Doma Castle dungeon so have only done Susano but yes, two people died in the encounter but our Red Mage (me) was able to instantly rez the healer that died and heal the tank twice to keep him alive long enough for the healers to get back into the swing of things while the other healer AoE healed the group after most failed to get into the thin line because the one person who didn't know the fight ran off to the side and dropped the line on the other side of the fucking arena

That said, the fact we were able to survive and recover from such a colossal screw up speaks volumes as to the difficulty so I totally get where you're coming from, I'm just saying those extraordinary circumstances aren't extraordinarily rare in my experience, especially in the Duty Finder.

Transmuting materia has made me so salty. Lightning VI, Fire VI, Strength VI, Dex VI and Mind VI in that order -,-

Just got a fucking grade 6 cutscene and the game broke on me. Sigh..
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-06-27 at 10:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    I've only ever had to write two macros:

/ac "comfort zone" <me><wait.3>
    /ac "inner quiet" <me><wait.3>
    /echo part 1 done!

and

/ac "great strides" <me><wait.3>
    /ac "ingenuity II" <me><wait.3>
    /ac "byregot's blessing" <me><wait.3>
    /echo part 2 done!

for any 35 durability item for a two button click HQ rotation. Saving time AND gil!
    That macro seem so familiar... I wonder.. oh...
    +1 laziness.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    That macro seem so familiar... I wonder.. oh...
    +1 laziness.
    If i could get it down to 1 button per craft i would. Making 400 ingots/lumber last night was actually putting me to sleep.

- - - Updated - - -

Okay so easiest desynth mats to get from the 180-220 wall to get to stormblood engame desynth: the counterfoils are gone from HW scrip bought gear.

So you keep leveling via collectibles on gathereres in SB areas, use the red scripts to buy the items to desynth and never have to farm seals or use gil again.

Wish i knew it millions of gil ago, ah well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Transmuting materia has made me so salty. Lightning VI, Fire VI, Strength VI, Dex VI and Mind VI in that order -,-
    I mostly just sold my materia V's, only transmuted those that had very low MB price.

There was post on Reddit saying how it'd be 8% chance to get VI out of V's, and even then getting good VI? Just figured it wouldn't be worth it.

- - - Updated - - -

So, friend just powered CUL 60-70 in like 4 hours, we all just looked at him, shocked.
    Last edited by Anzaman; 2017-06-28 at 12:06 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RohanV View Post
    Shield Lob -> Flash x2 -> Halone combo is a pretty good starter.
    If there are more than 1 mob, it's not helpful to start that way. Because most DPS will start mashing buttons as soon as they see you do sth.
    I prefer to body pull and flash/unleash as my first attack once mobs are in range.
    That way, I will aggro ALL of them instead of just one and stand there with a 2.5 second GCD while watching the other two walz to my healer.

Halone is cool for single or 2 target, but really, there is no need to save on flash usage b/c of mana, esp in low level dungeons.
    Just dump 50-75% of your mana into the group and use the rest of the fight to recover it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Virtua View Post
    Your advice is something I can concur with, you really have to spread Rage of Halone combos right now and optimally you mark targets and you only have to Flash once then you do a Halone combo before Flashing again (or even wait for the blind debuff to completely fall off).
    So that's why my WHM always gets aggro from PLD tanks.
    Heh.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    If there are more than 1 mob, it's not helpful to start that way. Because most DPS will start mashing buttons as soon as they see you do sth.
    I prefer to body pull and flash/unleash as my first attack once mobs are in range.
    That way, I will aggro ALL of them instead of just one and stand there with a 2.5 second GCD while watching the other two walz to my healer.

Halone is cool for single or 2 target, but really, there is no need to save on flash usage b/c of mana, esp in low level dungeons.
    Just dump 50-75% of your mana into the group and use the rest of the fight to recover it.

- - - Updated - - -

Heh.
    Body pull isn't good IMO. If you Shield Lob it immediately gets things coming to you and clumping around you for Flash. Yes dps will start right away but they nearly always start with the mob you lobbed. Body pulling risks mobs not aggroing right away, not being in range of Flash, or occasionally they aggro on someone else who got too close before you Flashed... or worse someone hit them before you Flashed and the mob moved out of range. You're also taking time to get to the mobs when you body pull whereas, Shield Lob is bring them to you AND its generating threat on the target.

There's no reason your healer should be getting aggro at the toss of a Shield Lob unless you have a HoT ticking on you from your last pull or the healer is casting Cure on you for no reason right from the get go. While I usually heal as WHM, when I tank on PLD I tend to click off any hots still lingering before I pull the next batch precisely to avoid stray aggro onto a healer. Body pulling is... not good.

I have a macro for hots removal if people who play tanks care about it.

/statusoff "Regen"
    /statusoff "Aspected Helios"
    /statusoff "Aspected Benefic"
    /statusoff "Medica II"
    /statusoff "Whispering Dawn"

I included the Aspected stuff too because for some reason I run into ASTs that keep the regen stance on.

As far as body pulling it works... with people who are on board with it. Monsters will stay on the person that hit their set group first or saw first so as long as your group knows what you're doing its possible. Of course never do it with pugs rofl.
    Last edited by Aruhen; 2017-06-28 at 08:56 AM.

We've Been Koji Fox'd

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Heh.
    This habit of dps ypu mention is one reason I miss flash on my war a true AoE threat helps ALOT with mass pull

10+ Year Old Account
    Simultaneous Logout Measures

Spoiler: 
    We are experiencing a situation where several Worlds are consistently reaching the maximum number of players that can be logged into the game during peak hours. This has led to extended login queues for players to log in.

In order to ease congestion issues at launch, we have placed a measure to automatically log out players who have been idle for 30 minutes. However, we have noticed a number of players using methods to circumvent this automatic logout. This has created a situation where the login queue cannot move forward during periods of heavy congestion.

As such, we’ll be instituting a temporary measure that will log all characters out simultaneously across all Worlds on a data center once a day. Announcement for when this will take place will be made one hour prior via in-game system message. Please note that you will be logged out of the game even while inside of instances or duties.

Players will not be able to log back into the game for about 10 minutes while this is being processed.

As a reminder, we’re offering special incentives to those who transfer from a Congested World to New/Preferred Worlds. These incentives include the waiving of transfer fees, and 10 gold chocobo feathers which can be exchanged for in-game items. We appreciate your consideration of these offers.

Learn more about New World and World population balancing incentives: http://sqex.to/iw6

We apologize for the inconvenience the congestion has been causing our players, and thank you for your understanding and continued support.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    So their solution for 24/7 queue times is create a very long queue at the start of the day when the server is filling up and then still have 24/7 queue times...

Square, can you even logic?
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's their ultimate plan to have nolifes like me to have 10 minutes break, assuming it happens during daytime.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    The best part will be if they do it during the early AM hours (between 2-5 AM PST) where there is virtually 0 queue in Balmung so that everyone will be able to get back on instantly after getting kicked and return to being afk again.

This looks to me a lot more like an excuse to say "Oh we ARE doing something about it!" when in reality the subtext of "move the fuck off this server" couldn't be clearer.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

I'm new to this game and am pretty sick of the 1-3 hour queues in the evening but this measure seems nonsensical.

It doesn't seem particularly fair to those that have queued to get into the game to just get kicked and then have to queue again.

What if you've queued for 3 hours and they decide to kick everyone 10 minutes later?

Also, if you know what time it's going down and you see there's already a 1-3 hour queue then you won't bother trying until the mass kick which will create even bigger queues?

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    The best part will be if they do it during the early AM hours (between 2-5 AM PST) where there is virtually 0 queue in Balmung so that everyone will be able to get back on instantly after getting kicked and return to being afk again.

This looks to me a lot more like an excuse to say "Oh we ARE doing something about it!" when in reality the subtext of "move the fuck off this server" couldn't be clearer.
    Honestly, there's no reason for any non-rper to play on Balmung, they're just filling the queue. People can transfer their gil, they get full refunds on their housing and they have free transfers now so I hope the non-rpers start using their brain and move the fck off the server.

Balmung has always been the RP server, even in 1.0 when it had a different name, that's why I still don't get why raiders and pvpers transfer to Balmung and then whine about the queues when they've got the option to transfer off the server for free.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ShortWarning View Post
    I'm new to this game and am pretty sick of the 1-3 hour queues in the evening but this measure seems nonsensical.

It doesn't seem particularly fair to those that have queued to get into the game to just get kicked and then have to queue again.

What if you've queued for 3 hours and they decide to kick everyone 10 minutes later?

Also, if you know what time it's going down and you see there's already a 1-3 hour queue then you won't bother trying until the mass kick which will create even bigger queues?
    Transfer off the big servers then?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen Gremlin View Post
    Honestly, there's no reason for any non-rper to play on Balmung, they're just filling the queue.
    RP-players might have friends that aren't as interested in RP, but still want to play together.