Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Question "standard" ilvl for M+15?

Greetings.

Currently I'm a 913 arcane mage with a level 57 (or 6 points in concordance, depending on your preference) weapon. I would consider myself a skilled player though currently not a raider and enjoyed casually doing M+ through group finder. However, after easily clearing a +10 NL last week without ever dying, I feel like I might be ready to try to make a +15 push for the first time. As of today now both of my active legendaries (the new class ring and KJ burning wish) are now 970.

In short, if you're leading a run and looking through group finder, realistically what ilvl do you want to have as a minimum for your dps? I don't have much experience leading these types of runs and if I'm not ready yet, that's totally cool. I'm just wondering if there's a benchmark for +15 out there.

Thanks

People don't really have a minimum in mind unless there are hardly any applicants. People typically pick a class that can lust, and then whatever has the highest item level.

theres no standard - people always go with the highest ilevel, classes rarely matter as its a pug

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Since tos opened im not even looking at sub 910 tbh. (atleast for high keys)

Most people will be checking your wowprogress for your exp though, so if you have a non existent m+ score for the last patches you should be prepared to be declined alot until you do. The fact that youre a mage and provide timewarp works in your favour though.

Secondly, arcane mage isnt exactly a common spec for m+ ( i dont think i have seen a single one that wasnt being boosted )

You might want to get a fire offspec for m+.

915+ personally. 910 at the absolute bare minimum. 15's are far from a walk in the park.

Quote Originally Posted by Toastiekins View Post
    People don't really have a minimum in mind unless there are hardly any applicants. People typically pick a class that can lust, and then whatever has the highest item level.

I've never understood why people want classes with lust. I would far rather pick up a class that fits the dungeon or group well (brings strong aoe damage/singletarget damage/aoe stun/brez ect) and just use drums.

If you are 910+ equipped then 15s should be reasonable for you.

Quote Originally Posted by patrins View Post
    I've never understood why people want classes with lust. I would far rather pick up a class that fits the dungeon or group well (brings strong aoe damage/singletarget damage/aoe stun/brez ect) and just use drums.

If you are 910+ equipped then 15s should be reasonable for you.
    Because "muh 5%". Also god forbid your class doesn't look good on the 75th percentile overall statistics for the current raid. Not one of the classes in the top 3? Get memed.

10+ Year Old Account
    910's if they have a good achievement to link (15 in time, or high-end raiding ones), 915's else.
    Of course taking into account the dungeon/need of CR/AoE needs

Deleted
    Arcane is good for M+, but be wary of some affixes, ie quaking skittish that will fuck you up for having to play in melee range to aoe. Maybe try to get yourself a fire spec on the side for those weeks.

I personnally don't pug that much for high keys, prefer to do them with people I know, but 910 equipped is a confortable ilvl to 1/2 chest the dungeon depending on the dungeon / affixes (we 3 chested arcway +15 this week with 911 medium equipped ilvl for example, cause affixes / dungeon combo was piss easy).

As others have said, if wowprogress shows you with little to no experience for high keys, it will be though for a while to pug those high keys. Try to run every dungeon at at least +10 to have a decent M+ score if you find yourself declined a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakexe View Post
    915+ personally. 910 at the absolute bare minimum. 15's are far from a walk in the park.
    I mean, I did a +15 lower at 909 and did just fine (fury warrior) but of course I'm 925+ in bag (what shows up in the ilvl for groups)
    I level warriors, I have 48 max level warriors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DesMephisto View Post
    I mean, I did a +15 lower at 909 and did just fine (fury warrior) but of course I'm 925+ in bag (what shows up in the ilvl for groups)
    I assume we're talking pugs here, which means there's no way of knowing how good people are.
    If I were to invite guildies/others I know are good I'd have no issues as long as I know they can handle it

Quote Originally Posted by DesMephisto View Post
    I'd just use that as a general assumption. I'm 917 and depending on the affixes there are weeks I wouldn't take myself. But then again high keys are generally guild only things for me.

They're pretty challenging, so i'd say 905 minimum if you know what you're doing. 915 preferred, just to be comfortable.

If the goal is just completion, then i wouldn't care about ilvl. However, if i wanted to upgrade the key, i wouldn't take any random player below 915.

Deleted
    I've been getting in pugs on my 905 BM Hunter, but I'd say 910+ is the comfortable minimum for most pugs.

Deleted
    In my experience if you're not an A-list actor with multiple IMDB blockbusters, you don't really have a chance of getting in a +15.
    I've applied to a bunch of them as a 915 eq DH which can be seen as a traditionally good bursty / mobile / controly class. Seems everyone is looking at wowprogress score and ignoring anyone under 3bil score. This should get better in the coming weeks though and people will chill about the requirements.

Obviously if you're in a guild run, I think a group of 910s can easily clear a +15 if they actually focus and pay attention.

Deleted
    wowprogress m+ score is the new ilevel. I am a 915 holy Paladin with 10/10 NH mythic and 9/9 ToS heroic and I get declined a lot. Maybe its a Paladin thing, maybe its my low m+ score. Either way, I´m having an easier time finding groups with my 905 blood DK...

Quote Originally Posted by Dodar121 View Post
    wowprogress m+ score is the new ilevel. Either way, I´m having an easier time finding groups with my 905 blood DK...
    Well tnak and healers are gonna have an easier time getting in as always. But Yeah most pug grps want high m+ score when I was looking. But if you have a high ilvl it helps

I'd aim for 915s if they're pugs, even then it can be tough, had a 915 mage in a EoA 13 this week who was pulling less dmg than me (playing prot warrior) on bosses.

I'm a bit irritated by m+ score, as if you do your top runs late in the week, it just flat out doesn't count them if you're in a good realm and therefore lots and lots of high keys get done. E.G I did Arcway 14 3 chest, EoA 13 2 chest and NL 13 2 chest this week and none showed up in my M+ score because I did them on Tuesday evening and on a good realm so they didn't appear in top 100. That means the score which is shown misses out on at least 400 pts.

Seems the best way to inflate M+ score is to do all of them on a reasonably high setting on day 1 after reset when they're guaranteed to be counted.

Rant over!

Right now 900 is easy to get and 15 drops 915 so add in your freebie two 970s and I would say in a week or two 920ilv will be the min to get anything done.

Welcome to the world of free rng ilv. The minimum becomes the cap.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodar121 View Post
    wowprogress m+ score is the new ilevel. I am a 915 holy Paladin with 10/10 NH mythic and 9/9 ToS heroic and I get declined a lot. Maybe its a Paladin thing, maybe its my low m+ score. Either way, I´m having an easier time finding groups with my 905 blood DK...
    I get declined for shit like +7 on my 910 hpal alt on a regular basis... I guess we have a shitty rep dating from overflowing days or smth ?