Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I've been getting alts through 103-ish, then off to next alt. Enough to get 2-4 champions, OH research tier 1, and tier 1 troops.
    Should I instead aim for powering through to 110 (and unlock most of the OH, plus get AK to 40 with BOA)?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    If you're looking at 8.0, why would you care about anything on your alts other than hitting 110? The rest will be very quickly made irrelevant.
    Because I want the mounts (Legionfall campaign), open world resurrection (Loremaster, Suramar and Insurrection campaign), third relic slots and equipping 2nd legendary (order hall campaign and research), and all artifacts. Plus see how many profession recipes I can push to rank 2...

And some of that will lock once the next expansion comes out.

I don't want everything, but the easier stuff would be nice to have on alts. Most of they stuff I want to do (e.g., archaeology, fishing and cooking; semi casual heroic dungeons and LFR), I'll do on my main.

Deleted
    The next expansion will likely not come out in the next two years. You have tons of time. There is no expansion around the corner. They don't try to rush it this time which means it will take a few years.

You don't have to play a single second until 8.0.

If the question was meant to be "how long CAN I play until 8.0?", i'd say well over a year (my bet would be 15-16 months from now) as we've just started the second raid tier out of 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    You have atleast a year.
    6 months for Tomb, 6 months for Argus.
    That's optimistic. Blizzard hasn't screwed the patch cycle yet, but I don't know if we can trust there won't be a year between the 7.3(.5) and 8.0.

I took the last few months off. Got from 25-40 AK in two days, and unlocked flying in four. It's about the only way to keep it interesting for me, and lets me do other things with my spare time.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    That's optimistic. Blizzard hasn't screwed the patch cycle yet, but I don't know if we can trust there won't be a year between the 7.3(.5) and 8.0.
    Note the use of the world "atleast".
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Note the use of the world "atleast".
    I saw it, I just thought it was worth mentioning that it would be an unprecedented best-case scenario.