Page 90 of 101 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Peacekeeper Benhir View Post
    My VDH's guild raids tonight and Monday, so hopefully taking my shot at KJ soon. I've tanked him on my pally but not VDH yet.
    What are rotations looking like on KJ? How much pain getting siphoned off for Soul Cleaves? Can we run Infusion (i.e., is it up often enough to help) or do we need Barrier for more uptime? Thanks!
    Did it as Veng DH last Thursday on Normal...That boss hits like a truck. I highly recommend Last Resort instead of DI/SB. As for pain siphoned for Soul Cleave, 50*2 (+ saving some extra souls to keep up Painbringer as high as possible during the Fel Claws). Stockpile the souls and the pain before a Fel Claws.

Quote Originally Posted by A-sayo View Post
    Did it as Veng DH last Thursday on Normal...That boss hits like a truck. I highly recommend Last Resort instead of DI/SB. As for pain siphoned for Soul Cleave, 50*2 (+ saving some extra souls to keep up Painbringer as high as possible during the Fel Claws). Stockpile the souls and the pain before a Fel Claws.
    No need for last resort if you wear archimonde and infernal contract(would normally never recommend this trinket but it really shines on KJ). You will literally always have something up between SB, the trinkets, brand and meta during felclaws. Also save DS stacks so you have 100% uptime during felclaws... Literally impossible to die if played properly.

Compared to a talent that is only going to save your ass once if you mess up, SB is far more valuable on the fight as it's going to provide an easy 2.5-3.5 total shield during felclaws depending on souls consumed.

I'm sure last resort might have some value here on mythic, but for heroic and normal you don't even need much healer assistance to survive it if played properly.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2017-06-25 at 11:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    No need for last resort if you wear archimonde and infernal contract. You will literally always have something up between SB, the trinkets, brand and meta during felclaws. Also save DS stacks so you have 100% uptime during felclaws... Literally impossible to die if played properly.

Compared to a talent that is only going to save your ass once if you mess up, SB is far more valuable on the fight as it's going to provide an easy 2.5-3.5 total shield during felclaws depending on souls consumed.

I'm sure last resort might have some value here on mythic, but for heroic and normal you don't even need much healer assistance to survive it if played properly.
    Haven't thought of using Infernal Contract there, will try that next time. As for SB, do you use it to soak the 1st melee and then try filling some souls for the others (along with other mitigations) or only the 5th ?

Elemental Lord Felfaadaern Darkterror's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I tanked him tonight using AHR and DMC, Kirel Nirak, and Soul Barrier. It was only Normal, as my VDH's guild is very casual; we probably won't reach H-Kil'Jaeden till late July. But timing-wise I had zero issues. Always had either FB or AHR available, plus spikes; with Meta and Barrier mostly in reserve. Eager to try H, and may have to pug it before guild is ready.

For our KJ kill I used Prydaz and Archimondes with the normal spirit bomb + soulbarrier build.The only difference I found on Avatar and KJ was that if I was actively tanking I used souls on soul cleave and when not I used spirit bomb. Both of them seem to hit too hard to consistently keep myself up with just spirit bomb at my current gear level.

Quote Originally Posted by Nahela View Post
    Anybody else seeing *insanely* inconsistent numbers on Spirit Bomb? Just had a 5-soul crit for 289k and I'm very confused.

Most of the time it's fine, just some outliers that are really bizarre

EDIT: Another definitive case, 500k crit with 5 frags. Even at 33% reduction there's definitely something wrong. Sadly I have basically no faith in it being fixed :\
    Last week I was seeing 1.9 million SB crits with 5x fragments. Today I am seeing 250k, with an ilvl increase no less.

I'm seeing 170k/258k. There is something wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by tehdef View Post
    Last week I was seeing 1.9 million SB crits with 5x fragments. Today I am seeing 250k, with an ilvl increase no less.

I'm seeing 170k/258k. There is something wrong.
    agreed, something is definitely wrong, but fortunately, or unfortunately depending on perspective, its only for you.

Last week I was getting 2.1m SB crits. This week I'm getting 1.6m SB crits. I'm doing around 600k dps now, instead of 800.

I guess make sure you're wearing gear?

Quote Originally Posted by Killface1 View Post
    I guess make sure you're wearing gear?
    I think they're probably not properly counting their souls as the in game soul tracker is bunked and if your WA go's off that it's also bunk.

I haven't noticed it since that Tuesday, so I'm guessing whatever was going on got hotfixed. And yes I was tracking soul fragments properly (thanks to an over-complicated WA that is necessary to just use the ability, gj Blizzard). Infernal Strike seems to be finally be fixed again as well.

I haven't noticed it since that Tuesday, so I'm guessing whatever was going on got hotfixed. And yes I was tracking soul fragments properly (thanks to an over-complicated WA that is necessary to just use the ability, gj Blizzard). Infernal Strike seems to be finally be fixed again as well.
    can you share it ?
    Chic Not Geek

Quote Originally Posted by lovingbenji View Post
    can you share it ?
    I use the one Munkky posted, so all credit to him, though I had a guildmate modify it slightly to add in a glow notifier for 4+ fragments. https://wago.io/rk4VybxEZ

EDIT:
    Unrelated, I'm starting to feel more and more like Stamina is a ridiculous stat right now. Pulled a 930 Par'jesh out of my cache and while the effect is trash, it's 4093 stamina. Combined with spec scaling, progressive artifact scaling, and to a lesser extent Prydaz scaling, it's starting to get a bit silly. I don't have any hard data to back it up, but it certainly feels like Stamina trinkets are exceptionally good right now as long as your healers are good.
    Last edited by Nahela; 2017-06-27 at 04:30 PM.

Stamina trinkets might be good, but as a VDH there is no reason to not equip AHR and the KJ trinket once you loot it. Neither one has stam, but by far BIS combo IMO. For DPS and survival both to boot.

For those who have the KJ trinket, how fast do you get to 10 stacks ?

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Stamina trinkets might be good, but as a VDH there is no reason to not equip AHR and the KJ trinket once you loot it. Neither one has stam, but by far BIS combo IMO. For DPS and survival both to boot.
    Did they change the KJ trinket? Last time I looked it was terrible, it grants at most 1 additional usage of Meta per fight and sometimes not at all due to the procrate. Not even taking into account timing factors.

AHR is pretty decent, of course.

did I miss them nerfing Kil'jaeden?

First week, the Fel Claws felt like mack trucks. This week they seem much more manageable. Almost like they slowed his attacks down somewhat.

Did they change the KJ trinket? Last time I looked it was terrible, it grants at most 1 additional usage of Meta per fight and sometimes not at all due to the procrate. Not even taking into account timing factors.

AHR is pretty decent, of course.
    It's actually been 2 extra meta per fight for me compared to last week when I didn't have it. Pretty sure it's about 4 PPM. Maybe more even.

However even if it was only one, I would still use it. You drastically underestimate the value of an extra 17 second meta to say "just one extra meta". More like one extra 17 seconds of being a god.

Did your raid group size change? It feels like the group scaling on tank damage on KJ is a little off. At 26 people I was getting absolutely destroyed without lube. When we cut back to 20, I was getting absolutely destroyed, but he used lube. Seriously though, at 20 my survival increased dramatically. I haven't had the chance to check logs to see if it was that his damage reduced dramatically or if the healers just had more time for me since they weren't babysitting bad dps standing in shit.
    Last edited by kabnine; 2017-06-29 at 01:05 AM.

Sliver is 4rppm modified by haste, so it'll be between 4 and 5 rppm for most people right now. It is decent, though i can't say 100% on uptime difference, which I will see after this week as I picked up a normal one and ran it in heroic last week. I didn't always maximize it, but could reduce the effect of one or two by half or so of their cd. Without having looked at the actual numbers and only at the buff, I averaged between 20-28 procs per fight, which is roughly 1-1.5 extra metas, though if timings aligned I could see it going down and giving you as many as 2, though that would be the high end. with 1 extra meta being "average".

Kil'Jaeden has been reported many times for having terrible scaling when adding group members.

Deleted
    Question about Leech: Just seen Pawn rates it 13 per point, where Agility and Versa are rated 4. Seems enormous, so I got curious, how much is leech worth roughly for DH tanks?

It's partly because a point of leech ratings gives a lot more leech% than say crit rating gives crit. Personally I like it, and with spirit bomb and the artifact weapon we already have access to a lot of it, and it's an essential part of our kit. But barring from the tich trinket, we can only get it with lucky loot rolls.