Outside of maths, a rjw roughly gives 1.8M-2M healing per cast for me. Chi-ji like 7M per cast max.

Quote Originally Posted by EVB View Post
    RJW is godly right now.
    Too bad it will be nerfed before mythic. They will never allow MW to outheal rshammys and trees.
    Yes because mistweavers did't outheal both those classes in HFC?
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

priority for upgrading legendaries?

Quote Originally Posted by Supliftz View Post
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...42/unknown.png

here is some math done by living. all the numbers are bigger since the 4% hps increase, but this should be correct.
    Thanks for the link. Thats very interesting.

So according to those calculations, if you cast RJW non-stop during a 5 min fight, then it has more SP healing potential than Chi-Ji. In this example, he calculated casting RJW 38 times (almost twice my calculations to break even).

It was interesting to see that while RJW is stronger if you cast it nonstop (and assuming 6 grouped-up people need constant healing), Chi-Ji's peformance in comparison was not terrible. Basically 76550% with Chi Ji and 97821% with RJW using the same mana.

If you consider that casting RJW non-stop might not be usefull in most fights, that would bring the numbers closer. Chi-Ji potentially outperforming in fights that RJW is not used too often.

What I get from these numbers and my calcutions (if I am not misreading anything) if that RJW is better if it sees heavy use and that Chi-Ji is most likely better if RJW would not see heavy use.

As such, the axiom of "use RJW in grouped-up fights and Chi-Ji in spread out fights" might not always be true. In boss fights without constant raid damage (and therefore less need to constantly use RJW) it sounds like Chi-Ji might be better, regardless of spread out or grouped up.

While RJW looks much better on the meters than Chi-Ji, its posible that reality might be much different because people do not also consider the additional Vivify's/EFs you would have cast if you picked Chi-Ji.

For guilds that use 4 healers or more, Chi-Ji might not be as inferior of an option as some people make it out to be. Now I am really curious to test it out in actual ToS bossfights.
    Last edited by lycrates; 2017-06-24 at 08:44 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    GG. I'm so correct. Buff MW = lose profit.

- - - Updated - - -

:dedspec::dedspec::dedspec::dedspec::dedspec::dedspec::dedspec:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lycrates View Post
    Thanks for the link. Thats very interesting.

So according to those calculations, if you cast RJW non-stop during a 5 min fight, then it has more SP healing potential than Chi-Ji. In this example, he calculated casting RJW 38 times (almost twice my calculations to break even).

It was interesting to see that while RJW is stronger if you cast it nonstop (and assuming 6 grouped-up people need constant healing), Chi-Ji's peformance in comparison was not terrible. Basically 76550% with Chi Ji and 97821% with RJW using the same mana.

If you consider that casting RJW non-stop might not be usefull in most fights, that would bring the numbers closer. Chi-Ji potentially outperforming in fights that RJW is not used too often.

What I get from these numbers and my calcutions (if I am not misreading anything) if that RJW is better if it sees heavy use and that Chi-Ji is most likely better if RJW would not see heavy use.

As such, the axiom of "use RJW in grouped-up fights and Chi-Ji in spread out fights" might not always be true. In boss fights without constant raid damage (and therefore less need to constantly use RJW) it sounds like Chi-Ji might be better, regardless of spread out or grouped up.

While RJW looks much better on the meters than Chi-Ji, its posible that reality might be much different because people do not also consider the additional Vivify's/EFs you would have cast if you picked Chi-Ji.

For guilds that use 4 healers or more, Chi-Ji might not be as inferior of an option as some people make it out to be. Now I am really curious to test it out in actual ToS bossfights.
    idk it seems pretty easy to figure out for me. if hit 6 people every rjw cast, rjw is always better.

7+ Year Old Account
    :dedthread:

The more mana intensive a fight is, the more efficient RJW will be compared to chi-ji (if RJW can hit 6 targets), as chi-ji is a fixed healing amount and RJW is one of our best spells both hpm and hp/cast wise (this means if you go chi-ji you will have a ton of non UT vivify to cast to keep with the hps of the missing RJW).

Old RJW was already almost on par with chi-ji on such fights (Ursoc in EN or Krosus in NH), now with the global buff to RJW and the cooldown on EF...

Not to mention the "healing on the move" perk of rjw...

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Yeah, until you've burned through more mana than you would with Chi-Ji and have to be more greedy with what you cast. That's what has been happening to me every time I test it in Raids. It gets really tight in Heroic, and I've found myself oom before the boss has been downed when I run with RJW.

Going with Chi-Ji for now.
    I have been having the exact same problem (going prematurely OOM with RJW). While RJW is more efficient long term, it also takes mana management to a whole new level. I am sure top players like peachpies, sups and others can easily make it work, but managing mana for the entire fight with RJW is significantly harder (at least for me).

With that said, there are a lot of logs with top MWs healers who used Chi-Ji and were still doing top percentile healing. So the difference does not appear to be crippling by any means.

I guess it is also important to note qualitative factors as well. With RJW you kinda of have to stick with grouped up players, which makes it harder to ideally position for EF and Chi Burst in fights were everyone is not clumped up. It is also yet another low CD button to manage in the already complex MW toolkit (again, I am sure thats easy for top players - i found managing RJW in addition to everything else to be a bit "too much" at times).

Anyways, like I said before, taking Chi-Ji over RJW does not appear to be crippling (for now), people still do top percentile healing with Chi-ji.

As someone who pugs heroic raids I prefer RJW. Chi-Ji is a great fire and forget ability for saving mana or addressing long periods of heavy damage, but heavy damage lasing more than 20 seconds is rare, and often Chi-Ji's healing is little more than meter padding. I like having an ability that's a step up from Vivify for AoE healing but isn't a mana guzzler like EF, plus it can be used on top of EF when necessary.

But then again I cut my healing teeth back in BC where healing involved having a plethora of downranked spell macros. As such the only part of RJW that seems complicated to me is the positional requirement (which, with so many "raid stacks to soak" mechanics is often trivial anyway).

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...&view=rankings

Can someone look at this parse for me and tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Splift I really need your help man I'm really underperforming
    Last edited by Buildapanda; 2017-06-28 at 11:02 AM.
    Mistweaver Monk |
    "Those who lead through fear only stay in power while those they govern lack courage." ~ Lorewalker Cho

this is why nobody likes u kappa

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Buildapanda View Post
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...&view=rankings

Can someone look at this parse for me and tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Splift I really need your help man I'm really underperforming
    you need more help than what I can give you mate

Maybe start with the basics, like casting renewing mist on cooldown.

Deleted
    Do not used RJW during Avatar fight. Chi burst is also not so effective in this fight so I allow you to use Chi wave in place. But only for this fight!

Quote Originally Posted by Caprix View Post
    Maybe start with the basics, like casting renewing mist on cooldown.
    If that is so important how am I rank 4 on desolate host one of the most healing intense fights on heroic where it's a true test of healer skill where it's you and noone else who can help carry you this always happens, I do something impressive aND it's never enough for you guys anywho I'm proud of it. I'll take your padding tips for less healing intensive mana intensive fights but renewing mist on cd isn't a priority on desolate host good day rank 4
    Mistweaver Monk |
    "Those who lead through fear only stay in power while those they govern lack courage." ~ Lorewalker Cho

:face_palm:

7+ Year Old Account
    The thread shows non-neutral pandaren traitors are garbage and cancer again.

Quote Originally Posted by Buildapanda View Post
    If that is so important how am I rank 4 on desolate host one of the most healing intense fights on heroic where it's a true test of healer skill where it's you and noone else who can help carry you this always happens, I do something impressive aND it's never enough for you guys anywho I'm proud of it. I'll take your padding tips for less healing intensive mana intensive fights but renewing mist on cd isn't a priority on desolate host good day rank 4
    Ranking 11 as of today.

Idk, maybe most mistweavers don't stay all fight in spirit world for easy efficient rjw/Ef spamming? Maybe most raids don't have avoidable abilities count as much as 20% of all taken damage?

Quote Originally Posted by Caprix View Post
    Ranking 11 as of today.

Idk, maybe most mistweavers don't stay all fight in spirit world for easy efficient rjw/Ef spamming? Maybe most raids don't have avoidable abilities count as much as 20% of all taken damage?
    k you do it, it was 4 when i got it, more people have done the fight since then thats how rankings work.

and what are you trying to say? Isn't that my job as a healer to heal people who take damage? I don't understand? is that an attack on me or my guild?
    and most raid leaders choose their most best consistent healers to go into the spirit realm cause it takes the most intensive healing right now at this level if people are taking a lot of damage and with people not knowing the fights people are going to take a lot of avoidable damage since the fights are still new, what are you on about? do you know how this game works? LOL I did my job properly and parsed well and you STILL SHIT ON ME LOLOLOLOL youll always find something it's so funny. like seriously im laughing so hard at you guy's inability to phase me. can you just stop bullying me for once and stop being such hypocrites? you can't setup a system where you judge someones worth based on logs and then they post logs and it shows they completed the content at a high % and then you say it's still bad when that is your own criteria for judging what is good and what's not good. If you are going to do that to me then you need to invalidate every single one of Si's logs that he's ever had because he's healed with less than optimal healers because a dps check wasn't necessary and he just wanted to pad his logs, i play around the contraints of my guild and my guild's roster, I can't do anything if they take more damage, but that shows I'm a good healer if I can handle that outgoing hps, and the fact that you can't recognize that and choose to not recognize that shows you're a bully and all of you are bullies and should be ashamed of yourselves and i hate you all. goodbye
    Last edited by Buildapanda; 2017-06-29 at 07:16 AM.
    Mistweaver Monk |