Quote Originally Posted by ReD-EyeD View Post
    Read the patchnotes then. It's 100% chance now with 30% damage.
    thanks i can also read.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayonnaise View Post
    thanks i can also read.
    assuming you mean why is it still being picked when RJW is higher dps?

my reasoning is because its passive. sometimes i dont want to have to manage the RJW buff and SD will give me higher dps than a shitty uptime RJW

Quote Originally Posted by gramz View Post
    assuming you mean why is it still being picked when RJW is higher dps?

my reasoning is because its passive. sometimes i dont want to have to manage the RJW buff and SD will give me higher dps than a shitty uptime RJW
    I've heard the difference is pretty small overall in terms of RJW and SD. I know I drop RJW every now and then when things get hectic or if I get a little latency spike. It's a nice way to fill out a rotation but it does have some drawbacks in how strictly it fits in and how much management it requires. I also am not a huge fan of the effect myself, but i'm still using it because I like to squeeze every bit of dps out I can.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokuna View Post
    Feverish Carapace (the trinket from the first boss which appeared to be the only good tank trinket in the raid) seems to be stealth nerfed for monks (that or dozens of monks have had a bad luck with it all night), the rppm appears to be much lower than other tanks leading to a mighty 5-10% uptime on it when other tanks get 20-30% , again great design, and also great information to share on the tooltip so guilds can more easily attribute loots
    Have we come to the bottom of this? Is it because we have such high dodge and it is a % chance to proc on it maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Geodude07 View Post
    I've heard the difference is pretty small overall in terms of RJW and SD. I know I drop RJW every now and then when things get hectic or if I get a little latency spike. It's a nice way to fill out a rotation but it does have some drawbacks in how strictly it fits in and how much management it requires. I also am not a huge fan of the effect myself, but i'm still using it because I like to squeeze every bit of dps out I can.
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...pec=Brewmaster

2 of the top 4 playing SD. I personally played it on kj too and i like it way better than RJW. I'll probably play RJW on fights with constant cleave (harjatan, desolate host, mistress etc)

Rjw isn't a buff to maintain it's a filler for your empty gcds, for consistent aoe rjw will probably pull ahead by a decent margin, for the rest it kinda depends on the fight, if you can burn all your brews to aoe adds that will die fairly quickly (like on kil jaeden) then SD will be better, but that's not something you want to do on a boss that hits that hard first week, even playing combo is a really poor risk/reward choice

Deleted
    Ok I tried different tank on KJ hero yesterday:

Monk Damage: 190M / DTPS: 493K
    War prot: 130M / DTPS: 317 K
    Druid Tank: 160M / DTPS: 363 K

Healer complained with my monk a lot I used Damped harm + HT + Jewel lost abey / Prydaz ( I have no better as 2nd legendary)

Deleted
    could you please provide the complete logs, because it's not normal that you take this amount of dmg.

10+ Year Old Account
    Felclaws are quite nasty as they can't be dodged. But because you dodge almost every non-fel claw attack overall DTPS shouldn't be that high.

However druid is extremely good if not broken for KJ. Bristling Fur gives you practically infinite rage for them. 8 ironfur stacks says hi. (though everything after 4 do barely anything to be fair).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    For everything else, there's Brewmastercard

Quote Originally Posted by epurator View Post
    Ok I tried different tank on KJ hero yesterday:

Monk Damage: 190M / DTPS: 493K
    War prot: 130M / DTPS: 317 K
    Druid Tank: 160M / DTPS: 363 K

Healer complained with my monk a lot I used Damped harm + HT + Jewel lost abey / Prydaz ( I have no better as 2nd legendary)
    Unless you didn't purify after like 3 and 5 stacks or did something stupid I see no reason to complain about monk tanking there, especially compared to warrior tanking. I'm doing absolutely fine on claws, even almost survived 2 claw rotations in a row with fortifying brew (died to 7th or 8th stack).

We had a very, very bad time with DH tank surviving this tho.
    Last edited by ReD-EyeD; 2017-06-27 at 12:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ReD-EyeD View Post
    Unless you didn't purify after like 3 and 5 stacks or did something stupid I see no reason to complain about monk tanking there, especially compared to warrior tanking. I'm doing absolutely fine on claws, even almost survived 2 claw rotations in a row with fortifying brew (died to 7th or 8th stack).

We had a very, very bad time with DH tank surviving this tho.
    Bristling Fur giving 60 rage per hit is fine but Pain for DH. That would be broken

It helps if you have boots so you will have brand for every Felclaw.

Quote Originally Posted by keqe View Post
    Bristling Fur giving 60 rage per hit is fine but Pain for DH. That would be broken

It helps if you have boots so you will have brand for every Felclaw.
    Sadly, I don't know anything about DH tanking and I have pretty much every other tank in a game geared 900+

We just rotated Barkskins and stuff on him.

You're likely not even talking about a kill since your fight durations are around 6-7 minutes and your data is biased by the downtimes and phases where you take no damage.

More than that damage taken is irrelevant, monks may take more damage overall but it's often smooth easy to heal damage, if it can be negated by a hot/beacon that would be here anyway, it doesn't make any difference with a tank that's at full hp with this hot and gets nothing out of it, the only real tank metric is how likely you are to die, and for that monks are really really good

Even if monks can't dodge felclaws they can just dampen/zen med/fort brew it and purify twice on the lasts casts, they absolutely destroy the boss and you can't really die if you don't fuck up the stacks and you cotank doesn't die, if you're struggling you're likely doing something/a lot of things wrong
    Last edited by Mokuna; 2017-06-27 at 05:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SantaMaria View Post
    Have we come to the bottom of this? Is it because we have such high dodge and it is a % chance to proc on it maybe?
    Got the mythic version tonight.

Can confirm it is shit; proc'd twice in four attempts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stross01 View Post
    Got the mythic version tonight.

Can confirm it is shit; proc'd twice in four attempts.
    Anyone got the KJ trinket yet? Because on PTR it had same issue. It procced so poorly the stacks fell off and I never got more than 2 stacks because of it.

Deleted
    Also it's exactly the same issue like the Xavius-One after his "fix".

Quote Originally Posted by keqe View Post
    Anyone got the KJ trinket yet? Because on PTR it had same issue. It procced so poorly the stacks fell off and I never got more than 2 stacks because of it.
    I have it and it procs a lot. On avatar fight it procced 14 times. Seems fine to me.

- - - Updated - - -

In dungeons it procs a lot and I love that 25 seconds Ironbrew. Almost the same as +dodge golden trait (21 seconds).
    Last edited by ReD-EyeD; 2017-06-28 at 01:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why Альвеоняша (Exorsus's brewmaster) stacks crit (gems, ring enchants)? Is it for DPS?

Deleted
    It's for much more Celestial Fortune heal i guess.

This is most likely an M+ running gear and crit is king there. No point in high crit for raiding tho.

Or just to screw with people monitoring his armory. It's always an option.