Deleted
    it's official. knicks and Jackson are "parting ways" ....

edit: just curious, who was better than Ntilikina at number 8 in this draft? and how do you judge that?
    from what I read, if he was not drafted by the knicks, Dallas would have take him at n9.

people just look at the stats and say "oh he just 4pts and 2ast a game in France" blabla... yes he played in france.... against grown ass men since he is 15!! he didn't play a lot until mid season, and was starter in the playoffs. hence the low numbers.
    this year he had one occasion to play against players of his age at the U19 euro championship. He walked on everybody and single handedly lifted the french team to the title. in NCAA, it's 20/6/6 ..... and from what I remember France crafted some pretty good players over the years, Parker, Batum, Diaw, Gobert, Fournier, etc ..... all of them learned to play in French teams, not the NCAA where the rules tells you how long you can practice and how much time you can spend with your coach. US players learn to play after they get drafted nowadays. they are playground players basically. EU players knows their fundamentals from the get go.
    I mean just look how low those French players were drafted, look who was drafted before them, and ask yourself:"how many time are they going to overlook young talents from France?"
    Last edited by mmoc051d140155; 2017-06-28 at 03:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    HOLY SHIT

"After Chris Paul agreed to opt-in on contract, Clippers are trading All-Star guard to the Houston Rockets, league sources tell @theVertical"

https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA/s...87788242083841

- - - Updated - - -

EVERYONE'S MAKING A SUPERTEAM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    HOLY SHIT

"After Chris Paul agreed to opt-in on contract, Clippers are trading All-Star guard to the Houston Rockets, league sources tell @theVertical"

https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA/s...87788242083841

- - - Updated - - -

EVERYONE'S MAKING A SUPERTEAM.
    for Beverley, Decker, Williams and 2018 First round pick.

LOL
    Last edited by mmoc051d140155; 2017-06-28 at 03:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Groh View Post
    for Beverley, Decker, Williams and 2018 First round pick.

LOL
    Yeah, not sure what the Rockets are doing. Apparently Chris Paul was going to sign with the Rockets in Free Agency anyway, so not sure why they are giving up assets to make him come to them when he was going to anyway.

Maybe they wanted to prevent some other team making him a godfather offer?

10+ Year Old Account
    rip to the clippers 2012-2017

Deleted
    Yeah, not sure what the Rockets are doing. Apparently Chris Paul was going to sign with the Rockets in Free Agency anyway, so not sure why they are giving up assets to make him come to them when he was going to anyway.

Maybe they wanted to prevent some other team making him a godfather offer?
    IMO that's on Paul, not the Rockets. Paul didn't want to screw the clippers so he gave them the opportunity to get something back. and I don't really know about that, but maybe because it's a trade, He still can sign for the super max 5 years contract with the rockets next off season?? in "no tax" texas?

edit: I'm just thinking, Rondo to the clippers to re unit with Doc Rivers? less expensive, more ball to the post and no more CP3 dribbling the clock for an hero ball shot?
    Last edited by mmoc051d140155; 2017-06-28 at 04:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    IMO that's on Paul, not the Rockets. Paul didn't want to screw the clippers so he gave them the opportunity to get something back. and I don't really know about that, but maybe because it's a trade, He still can sign for the super max 5 years contract with the rockets next off season?? in "no tax" texas?

edit: I'm just thinking, Rondo to the clippers to re unit with Doc Rivers? less expensive, more ball to the post and no more CP3 dribbling the clock for an hero ball shot?
    Doc wanted the hell out of Boston when Celtics were going for a rebuild. Have to wonder if he's okay with sticking with the Clippers if they are saying goodbye to CP3 and probably Blake Griffin too. I personally think he's going to give it up too and there's a new coach/front office looming.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not convinced CP3 will fit in with Houston, but if they make it work that will be a lot of firepower.

I love CP but i don't really see how this helps anyone. Paul is not the level of defender that Bev is, and Harden just led the league in assists...

This would go down as the greatest backcourt ever to not win a championship.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    I love CP but i don't really see how this helps anyone. Paul is not the level of defender that Bev is, and Harden just led the league in assists...
    That's okay. Harden will just take over lead defender duties.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Woah. Phil Jackson got fired? Seems inconsequential. Maybe Knicks'll get better management.

CP3 joining Houston is...idk how to feel about the trade. The thing is, Houston gave up some good role players. I actually think LAC may have become better.

Deleted
    Doc wanted the hell out of Boston when Celtics were going for a rebuild. Have to wonder if he's okay with sticking with the Clippers if they are saying goodbye to CP3 and probably Blake Griffin too. I personally think he's going to give it up too and there's a new coach/front office looming.
    I don't think Doc Rivers is going to resign. he's still pretty young for a coach, he got the best position he can dream of and he's in LA. and I don't see Griffin going anywhere now that Paul is gone and maybe even Redick could stay with Paul gone. without Paul contract and the pieces they got in the trade they can sign Rondo who's not going to stay in Chicago and build a decent bench. Maybe try to get Melo if he is still out of NY plans, and you have Rondo/Redick/Melo/Griffin/Jordan as a starting lineup. Rivers have options to stay competitive and I don't see where else he could find a better position.

10+ Year Old Account
    maybe even Redick could stay with Paul gone.
    "J.J. Redick won't be re-signing with the L.A. Clippers. (Via Brian Windhorst - ESPN)"

https://twitter.com/ClevisMurray/sta...99413473058816

I think this came out after you posted, so I understand your feeling it might turn around, but this just has every bit the feeling like the Clippers are blowing things up and going for the young rebuild.

Remember they brought in Jerry West this week too, who was an influential advisor on the Warriors during their build up to what they are now. I don't think it's coincedence that he's brought in and the team goes into rebuild mode. I think they brought him in specifically cause they knew they would start committing to a rebuild and wanted his advice while in that process.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    There are two things I will say for Phil: he didn't trade away future draft picks, and he drafted Porzingis.
    He gets zero credit for Porzingis, he didn't want him at all as mentioned by every sports radio and TV show this week. Phil is washed, but without Phil there is no "Bron vs Mike" argument and I wonder how many Kobe and Shaq get.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's that time again, the old season comes to a close and a new season begins. Time for a new thread!

New thread: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...9#post46302409

CLOSED.