Thread: How is Fire?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    That dumb bastard seems to think you pick one set of gear and talent set up and never change. Better luck yelling at the sun then getting them to understand how and why people do things in game.
    Well it can depend how far you are into a tier, I wouldn't take 2 different 915 pieces right now if other casters wanted them, that would just be greedy. But yes in theory I agree, you should be changing gear sets the same as you change talents and legendaries as per what the boss requires.

And on those fights fire is sub par. I'll get puppets and a pop up book to explain it to you next time. When fire is at it's best it is aoeing not trying to fight uphill on a single target fight. You are also conveniately ignoring the fact your gear choices aren't all about 1 or 2 items and also glossing over if your idea that it was held up they are using mastery trinkets on most fights to cap on aoe dmg.

- - - Updated - - -

That dumb bastard seems to think you pick one set of gear and talent set up and never change. Better luck yelling at the sun then getting them to understand how and why people do things in game.
    are you too dense to understand context? no ones talking about frost or how it compares to fire.

you could look at the logs and see that 99% of people parsing are using a combination of owl, whispers, arcano, metronome, and terror. and no, people arent using owl for the mastery, lmao. the only fight with mastery trinkets is mistress, which i already said was an aoe fight. harjatan because of the murlocs, but they still use bracers lol, and the desolate host to a lesser extent, if you are in the spirit realm. are you going to keep making shit up?

your argument that fire mages should gear for aoe because if they wanted to single target they would just play frost is idiotic and off point completely.

and no one ever said you cant have 2 sets of gear. obviously you would wear more mastery for aoe bosses, holy shit.
    Last edited by kheath812; 2017-06-27 at 04:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kheath812 View Post
    are you too dense to understand context? no ones talking about frost or how it compares to fire.

you could look at the logs and see that 99% of people parsing are using a combination of owl, whispers, arcano, metronome, and terror. and no, people arent using owl for the mastery, lmao. the only fight with mastery trinkets is mistress, which i already said was an aoe fight. the desolate host to a lesser extent, if you are in the spirit realm. are you going to keep making shit up?
    Look again and try really hard to fire up that brain of yours. The Bot mastery trinket is being used over and over for aoe, both for the stats and the equip. What bizarre nonsensical selective vision you have. Of course many others have pointed out your folly. You have to be trolling or are as dumb as a bag of hammers. Either way a waste of everyone's time.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Look again and try really hard to fire up that brain of yours. The Bot mastery trinket is being used over and over for aoe, both for the stats and the equip. What bizarre nonsensical selective vision you have. Of course many others have pointed out your folly. You have to be trolling or are as dumb as a bag of hammers. Either way a waste of everyone's time.
    yeah wow weird how an aoe trinket is used in an aoe fight.

weird.

you're ranting about something no one argued against. if you had more than half a chromosome you'd understand what im trying to say.

i NEVER SAID you should go full st for aoe fights, i said that gearing for aoe is clearly not what people are doing when a lot of the fights are st and cleave and nearly all the fire parses still use bracers and belt.

you're the one that morphed this into some bizarre rant about not playing fire for st because you could just play frost and strawmanning everything

jesus fuck.
    Last edited by kheath812; 2017-06-27 at 04:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kheath812 View Post
    you can play with whatever you want, but good luck parsing higher than green on 8/9 fights without bracers
    Belt/Shard can parse relatively high as well, definitely above green.

Edit for recent logs: Humble and only heroic, but then again I have no bracers so by that logic I'm a God.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...&view=rankings

Deleted
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaUHyHZ1Z5E

1.23m dps on goroth. Fire can holds its own i would say.

Quote Originally Posted by sinddk View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaUHyHZ1Z5E

1.23m dps on goroth. Fire can holds its own i would say.
    lol, this guy have BIS on everything using 4 pc with 2 pc tos, and rank 8 concordance.... a beast

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamsillo View Post
    lol, this guy have BIS on everything using 4 pc with 2 pc tos, and rank 8 concordance.... a beast
    Unlike all others that people compare in here?

Quote Originally Posted by sinddk View Post
    Which boss would you define as ST and where fire cant get padding dmg?

Take a look at what good fire mages can do: Like this guy or Dylemma.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeqTXgVKBPs
    That's very gimmicky, and lucky. Also, padding is just that. Fire can pad just fine, and game some of the encounters to put on what is essentially a sleight of hand magic show appearance for the meters, but what I originally typed that you quoted said boss dmg, I wasn't talking about st, and for boss dmg on every single fight fire is pathetic. Fire is not a meaningful contributor in killing bosses, and other than fish boss isn't likely to be useful for mythic progression.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fiestatastic View Post
    That's very gimmicky, and lucky. Also, padding is just that. Fire can pad just fine, and game some of the encounters to put on what is essentially a sleight of hand magic show appearance for the meters, but what I originally typed that you quoted said boss dmg, I wasn't talking about st, and for boss dmg on every single fight fire is pathetic. Fire is not a meaningful contributor in killing bosses, and other than fish boss isn't likely to be useful for mythic progression.
    1.23 million DPS om goroth.

Youtube dylemma and imfiredup. Good players do good DPS with fire.

Who cares, meters matter, some bullshit guild's progression does not.

ETA: All good parses are a "magic show" full of tricks. That's just how you do it.

Guys, keep the discussion civil please. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwell View Post
    Fire will stop scaling at around 925-930 and frost will come out of the closet with a bright blue dildo and start slapping people.
    Best thing i've read all day haha

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    It's almost like there's a reason 5 times more people play Frost.
    You know as well as I do that people will only play whatever spec simcraft tells them to play. It's been that way for years and won't be stopping anytime soon.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vorrum View Post
    If you want the best of both worlds go arcane, you can give frost a run for their money if you're good enough handling single target dmg and you will always win in aoe as arcane. Always
    I've tried playing Arcane multiple times but just can't get the hang of how the spec functions. Conceptually It's like I just can't learn it, and I'm probably not keeping an eye on my Mana bar enough. Do you know of any good Arcane Mage streamers you'd recommend, or at least some good Arcane Youtube guides or videos?

Quote Originally Posted by Bamsillo View Post
    he's the best fire mage in the world imo

Fire is the strongest all-round mage spec at this moment in my opinion.

With gear/talent choices you can go for either competitive single target dmg, all out AoE, AoE with focus target and even passive cleave (fire cleave is far superior to other mage specs on inquisition/avatar so far).

It's just so very versatile at the moment.
    But in the end of the day we must bow to our lords and saviors, warlocks. And if it keeps up even boomkins and shadow priests.

Shadow will plummet down the charts as fight times improve, same as always. That spec scales inversely to how competent your raid is.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestraza View Post
    (fire cleave is far superior to other mage specs on inquisition/avatar so far).
    Sure.. That's the reason. And not Inquisition not giving fire Torment like it does for Frost and Frost not cleaving off Avatar. And Fire cleave damage on Avatar is mostly padding.

Deleted
    Seems to work really great for me on Mistress.

Elsewhere it just again seems really lackluster.

Top fire logs, gimmicky and lucky.. So you are telling that frost doesn't require luck with procs right? Of course frost delivers better ST damage but stop trying to say that fire is garbage and pure padding. Seriously people here need to rethink how specs are working. Fire can deliver ACCEPTABLE damage and if you are not in a top 10 guild or w/e just play whatever spec you like and you will be fine.