Quote Originally Posted by BondGirl View Post
Hello folks,

me and my best friend are going for a trip to the states, for roughly 3 weeks, by the end of august. We have some ideas for how to spend the time but I wanna come here to not miss inside stuff.

Basicly we are going from the east cost to west coast (flight plans are landing nyc and departure will be san francisco). So it will be a road trip without any booked hotels.

My question is now. What is worth to definitly check out while we are there? I know this is like asking what could you do when traveling the world but I'm sure there is stuff to no miss out. Right now the only plans we have to do is maybe 1 day NYC (I guess I already hate that city for the sheer amount of ppl there) and then going straight to Washington and / or Boston. From there we will be driving to south dakota and that's where the plan aleady ends. I mean we have plenty of time and we wanna get some typical american impressions. So if you are from any state just post what you would recommend to check out and I'll see if we can make a route to see this. Since we are free from any bookings we are basicly up for anything (maybe some student party to check out ).

So every tip is welcome, be it food, party, points of interest (mount rushmore is already planed), or just some cool places to hang out.

Thanks in advance.

//E: oh and btw. what to take care of? I mean certain behavior etc. We are from Germany and, well we basicly know the states from TV (shame on us) and wewould appreciate some tips of how to get through w/o being jailed and uninvited from the party!

//E: any accomodations and BBQ invitations welcome!
I'd say just do a virtual tour of anything you can. This country isn't worth a visit. Anything you can see here, you can see else where.