Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    So humour us, how are you going to defend this scumbag?
    I don't have to defend him. Martin has, in numerous interviews as well as in 1 on 1 exchanges with people via skype and youtube, explained the entire breakdown. And at no fucking time has CNN, MSNBC, Congress, or anyone else been able to disprove his statements, claims, or evaluations.

But here... because I know people are fucking lazy...

What a monster.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by hakujinbakasama View Post
    I don't have to defend him. Martin has, in numerous interviews as well as in 1 on 1 exchanges with people via skype and youtube, explained the entire breakdown. And at no fucking time has CNN, MSNBC, Congress, or anyone else been able to disprove his statements, claims, or evaluations.

But here... because I know people are fucking lazy...

[video=youtube_share;HXVQOZDKlRE]https://youtu.be/HXVQOZDKlRE[ideo]

What a monster.
    Sorry, we are not buying his bullshit.
    Protip, Bootlicking does not make you rich.

Sorry, we are not buying his bullshit.
    That's because people are ignorant AND stupid.

No one should care what anyone "think" which is what the Shkreli controversy comes down to. No one has presented any fucking facts, any patient, any victim in the matter except the cost to insurance companies.
    Last edited by hakujinbakasama; 2017-06-28 at 08:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vhatever View Post
    And contrary to your bogus claims he had actually reduced the possible copay amount for people down to 1 dollar if they couldn't afford it.
    That doesn't reduce the cost insurers pay. If insurers pay more for a drug, everyone they insure is going to pay more money to cover it. People complaining about health insurance rates increasing should be focusing on how best to get rid of things exactly like shkreli did here. Because it's things like this that's at the core of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Quote Originally Posted by Aussiedude View Post
    Forget Trump, Hitler or Jeffrey Dahmer.

The Most hated man in America according to the Media is this young fella named Martin Shkreli

Do not know why he is the really hated.. Other than than he defrauded a few people . Which i suppose is bad.
    But not as bad as mass murderer Jeffery Dahmer (in my opinion anyway).

Any Americans fill us in why this guy is really hated ?

One young woman called him "an evil man," another said he looked like a "snake" and a third said she knew he'd been
    labelled "the most hated man in America."

http://www.smh.com.au/business/world...28-gx0543.html

He is a symbol of everything bad about america. The free market and capitalism run amok. That is why i hate him.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    That doesn't reduce the cost insurers pay. If insurers pay more for a drug, everyone they insure is going to pay more money to cover it. People complaining about health insurance rates increasing should be focusing on how best to get rid of things exactly like shkreli did here. Because it's things like this that's at the core of it.
    Yet no one gives two shits about...

http://fortune.com/2016/09/27/mylan-...eather-bresch/

or...

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/14/b...n.html?mcubz=0

7+ Year Old Account
    So.... you'r saying capitalism is wrong and breeds assholes? Well, I won't deny I agree with you on that.
    To be fair, people will argue with you that his is how crony captalism works. In a free market society the governament could not give him the patent/contract monopoly.

To be even more fair, some time after compounding pharmacies were already compunding the pill for $1.

But yeah, the guy is an asshole.

- - - Updated - - -

I remember people going insane when that happened.

The problem is that emo Tobey Maguire guy over there kept getting media attention by trying to justify the price hike. He even started some memes and shit to try to clean his image.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    Insurers can simply support one of the treatments available instead if they don't want to eat the cost.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerdgasm View Post
    To be fair, people will argue with you that his is how crony captalism works. In a free market society the governament could not give him the patent/contract monopoly.

To be even more fair, some time after compounding pharmacies were already compunding the pill for $1.

But yeah, the guy is an asshole.

- - - Updated - - -

I remember people going insane when that happened.

The problem is that emo Tobey Maguire guy over there kept getting media attention by trying to justify the price hike. He even started some memes and shit to try to clean his image.
    Yes, Martin has gone on record several times commenting that he enjoys trolling the media and politicians who are only involved because of their financial ties with the insurance companies and lobbies. I don't understand how that's so confusing.

People flipped shit when that was relevant as well. The only reason people are so focused on the guy in the OP is because he became relevant again.

Quote Originally Posted by Algy View Post
    People flipped shit when that was relevant as well. The only reason people are so focused on the guy in the OP is because he became relevant again.
    I'd like to see a preceding poll on whether all the "haters" could accurately state what his court case is over before posting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Clearly no one gives two shits about em because there's two articles

7+ Year Old Account
    Yes, Martin has gone on record several times commenting that he enjoys trolling the media and politicians who are only involved because of their financial ties with the insurance companies and lobbies. I don't understand how that's so confusing.
    I'm talking more about when the case was still fresh and he kept justifying the price hike with some pretty shitty lines. That was a PR nightmare.

After the case was colder the only thing people retained from it was the anger.

But I stopped following the case after people started to compound Daraprin. The only thing I remember after that was when he tried to use Tinder to show his side.

Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    Clearly no one gives two shits about em because there's two articles
    It was more of a cynical point that the average person only knows Martin's name yet there is a litany of other big pharma companies out there who have and are doing the same thing. Yet for some asinine reason Martin is the only one who's the "face" of the matter.

I'm talking more about when the case was still fresh and he kept justifying the price hike with some pretty shitty lines. That was a PR nightmare.

After the case was colder the only thing people retained from it was the anger.

But I stopped following the case after people started to compound Daraprin. The only thing I remember after that was when he tried to use Tinder to show his side.
    There wasn't a "case" on the increase of Daraprim and that's not what he's is under charges regarding.

Additionally... where the fuck is the outrage for the following items?

https://www.thebalance.com/the-8-mos...-world-2663232

10+ Year Old Account
    It was more of a cynical point that the average person only knows Martin's name yet there is a litany of other big pharma companies out there who have and are doing the same thing. Yet for some asinine reason Martin is the only one who's the "face" of the matter.
    Because as you said he's vocal about it and enjoys being a shit troll. It's easier to put a face to this bullshit with him than the executive board of no name grey suits doing the same thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
    Americans have to pay for their own healthcare. This doucheclown bought an HIV medication and changed the cost of one pill from $13 to $700 each, meaning almost no one could afford the medication. He will rot in hell.
    I was like, 'who the hell is this guy'. Then I saw your comment and then I realized. He's the guy other countries talked about bringing to court too. Luckily our healthcare is tax paid but I do agree that this guy deserves all the hate.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Because as you said he's vocal about it and enjoys being a shit troll. It's easier to put a face to this bullshit with him than the executive board of no name grey suits doing the same thing.
    No it's really not. He cannot be a "troll" if he isn't constantly paraded around in the media as a single entity vs the industry. That's something he has commented before on several occasions.

10+ Year Old Account
    No it's really not. He cannot be a "troll" if he isn't constantly paraded around in the media as a single entity vs the industry. That's something he has commented before on several occasions.
    Well he must have done something to put himself in the spot light to begin with because it's not like this is a rare practice in the drug industry. You hear X, Y, Z companies/corporations and then... Shkreli.

He's still not doing himself any favors by parading himself around and acting like a troll just to keep the fire going.

7+ Year Old Account
    There wasn't a "case" on the increase of Daraprim and that's not what he's is under charges regarding.

Additionally... where the fuck is the outrage for the following items?

https://www.thebalance.com/the-8-mos...-world-2663232
    I'm not talking about judicial case. I know my english is pretty shitty, but I also know that "case" can mean "an instance of the occurrence, existence, etc., of something".

About drug prices: I understand some drugs can have astounding prices because reasearching, developing and testing a drug is expensive as fuck. But I also know there's a difference between an already costly drug being costrly to increasing the price of a cheap and old drug you just acquired monopoly to.

If I was managing his PR I would advise him to never show his face when dealing with this kind of shit. It's way easier to get mad at a face than to a press release. That's part of the reason I think he is so hated.
    Last edited by Nerdgasm; 2017-06-28 at 09:30 PM.

Well he must have done something to put himself in the spot light to begin with because it's not like this is a rare practice in the drug industry. You hear X, Y, Z companies/corporations and then... Shkreli.

He's still not doing himself any favors by parading himself around and acting like a troll just to keep the fire going.
    I cannot say you're wrong but at the same time he doesn't care. The problem in the discussion is that too many people are just flat out fucking ignorant and lodged so deeply into emotion and subjective belief.

If someone feels that it's wrong for him to have raised a price on a drug then fine. But they had better universally apply that self centered logic. Equally, it's comical that there is distinct flippant mental stances simultaneously existing. No one was wanting to develop a new version of Pyrimethamine. If we take Shkreli at face value for just a moment, and there's zero fucking logical reason not to, then any ability to create a better drug comes from sales. Daraprim was designed and used for a very VERY extremely rare illness but it also wasn't very good in several ways. So where is the actual complaint here? We had a drug which only a few thousand of people ever needed. Of those few thousand of people (annually) the drug had up to lethal side effects. However, the people who were generally effected by the illness were from AIDS patients so no one gave a shit about developing a better option. Martin comes along and increases the price, offers the mass majority of doses free or for $1 and the insurance agents flip the fuck out.

Where was the outrage that it went unchecked for 70 years? Where's the current outrage about Epipens (which are astronomically more costly over the interval and in higher demand?) It's a bullshit moral outrage by bullshit people who do not have one iota of a logical argument in support. All they know is that it feels wrong and god dammit they are GOOD PEOPLE!

I'm not talking about judicial case. I know my english is pretty shitty, but I also know that "case" can mean "an instance of the occurrence, existence, etc., of something".

About drug prices: I understand some drugs can have astounding prices because reasearching, developing and testing a drug is expensive as fuck. But I also know there's a difference between an already costly drug being costrly to increasing the price of a cheap and old drug you just acquired monopoly to.

If I was managing his PR I would advise him to never show his face when dealing with this kind of shit. It's way easier to get mad at a face than to a press release. That's part of the reason I think he is so hated.

Please also look at the above comment. There was ZERO work to improve Pyrimethamine (Darapim) for 70 years. A price needed to be increased in order to develop a better drug. Rare diseases and their treatments are financial black holes more often than not. This is simple Economics. Why is the uber-rare thing not allowed to be expensive but cancer treatment drugs (some of which you'll be on for the rest of your life) are allowed to be $300,000 or more A YEAR, which is far more common?
    Last edited by hakujinbakasama; 2017-06-28 at 09:34 PM.