Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by oxymoronic View Post
    it should be the consumers choice. there is plenty of search engines out there to use. i can think of at least 3-4 and im sure i could find others. google should not be held responsible because people choose their search engine and putting your own interests 1st in the search results should definitely be allowed. hell its one of the key ways how they make money. wtf

also EU that allows google to quote snippets from news articles? who the fuck do you think you are? holy shit, give a few shitty nations power and all of a sudden they think they are kings of the world. fuck me

prove this makes it better, ill give you a few days if you can come up with something.
    There is no choice when you actively prevent the consumer from informing himself about his choice. Other search engines are inadequate and the de facto monopoly of Google search is undisputed, even if it doesn't fit into your argument. Sorry about that.

About the second part... news articles are copyrighted. Google uses snippets without permission. That is a breach of copyright. It has nothing to do with "being king of the world" and everything to do with actual legislation that is handled in much the same manner in the US. Try videotaping the next Star Wars movie and tell me how that goes. Bonus points if you can get a friend to record you yelling "WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE? THE KINGS OF THE WORLD?" to the orderly that will remove you from the theatre.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Just shows how fucked up the EU is. A sad precedent has been set by them. Need the people to wake the fuck up and stop this intrusion into business. This is not right on so many levels. Sanctioned theft should not be legal just cause you have a large union. This should be a wake up call to anybody that does business with this so called union. They cannot be trusted.
    Intrusion into business is the best approach
    They should not be trusted and consumers best interests should always be put first.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrianth View Post
    Except you wouldn't know google is hiding any results from you. Do you think google tells the consumer they're preventing them from access to their competition? lol

LOL Trump is a little bitch. He won't do shit. He'll send some tweets and cry about it on twitter.
    please he told that sissy boy PM trud to up his defense spending and in no time defense spending increase was announced. trump says jump, you guys say how high. get used to it, only 7.5 more years left

Deleted
    cant wait till trump finds out, he gonna fuck u up good.
    Gosh no!. Not the Trump pl0x.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    please he told that sissy boy PM trud to up his defense spending and in no time defense spending increase was announced. trump says jump, you guys say how high. get used to it, only 7.5 more years left
    Increased defense spending was part of the liberal platform well before Trump was even President. Again, he's a little bitch whore who does shit all. Laughing stock of the world.

The fatass can't even play a game of golf without needing to be driven around.
    Last edited by Tyrianth; 2017-06-28 at 11:04 PM.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Deleted
    Who to side with? The tax dodgers or the over-reaching government?

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    So the Europeans are happy they stuck it to a rich American tech company.

And the Americans think the Europeans stuck it to a rich American tech company.

We're in agreement.
    Nah, only the whiny victim complex ones (who have less than zero clue what they are talking about), like you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

i think you hit the nail on the head. EU doesnt have anything similar. they want it. they are trying to force out google so they can start their own search engine much like the chinese would. you guys are despicable businessmen. im done here.
    The "EU" doesn't want shit. They don't have a "shopping list" of types of companies they'd like to have. They merely manage the legislation to enable people like you or me to start such a company. Also, how is the EU giving Google a severe slap on the wrist gaining the EU anything other than money and probably a Google company that respects our legislation? Do you think Google is now transferring tech secrets as part of the punishment? How does that work out in your head?

You're not done. You love hating on Europe way too much. But that's okay. Thinking the US rules the world and playing the victim when Google wants to do business in Europe and violates our rules, however, that's really the icing on the cake here.

Want to know how an actually free market works? Here's how it goes: Don't like our rules? Fuck off then. We'll see how Google decides. But I'd bet my money on them staying, because Europe is too big a market for them to ignore. A market, mind you, that is prospering and wealthy because of those rules, not despite it.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

The defense spending was already decided during Obama's term. Trump had nothing to do with it. But keep dreaming...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    About the second part... news articles are copyrighted. Google uses snippets without permission. That is a breach of copyright.
    Didn't they solve this by not monetizing the news service? I think they even offered a way for news organizations to request not being listed (which they won't take, because they actually want to be in).

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    God I'm glad my country is leaving the EU
    So are we, trust me.

and how the fuck can you justify that being illegal? stupid people over there. I say leave nato and let them deal with the world on their own. see how long it takes before russia and china put their foot up that pompus ass.
    It's illegal in US too (you know, one of the reasons FCC is a thing), you brilliant, totally not-corrupted by blind nationalism mind, you. And what brilliance is that. "Let's leave NATO over EU having anti-trust law and enforcing it". Never mind that even without US in it, Russia or China are still inferior to NATO countries.
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2017-06-28 at 11:10 PM.
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by sefrimutro View Post
    Didn't they solve this by not monetizing the news service? I think they even offered a way for news organizations to request not being listed (which they won't take, because they actually want to be in).
    They had some sort of compromise, yes. But all signs were pointing towards Google being allowed to quote a sentence or two in their news service. The real reason the media doesn't like that is because people like me skim the Google news page and get really, really selective about what we actually click on. Google's really awesome at filtering out bullshit headlines and using their filters I can manipulate the search to limit it to just proper sources (Goodbye paywall Bild motherfuckers :P).

Springer media was really up in arms about this, because their major paper (biggest newspaper in Europe they claim :P), Bild, essentially lives off bullshit headlines.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    It's illegal in US too (you know, one of the reasons FCC is a thing), you brilliant, totally not-corrupted by blind nationalism mind, you. And what brilliance is that. "Let's leave NATO over EU having anti-trust law and enforcing it".
    AT&T comes to mind once more... it's not like the US never breaks up companies.

still trying to see the problem here. you say their own dominance in the market, yet if they flex their dominance in any way you will steal their money? hard to make anybody using common sense to understand this. and of course they have dominance in a market they created as they should. the real question is how can we as citizens of earth voice our displeasure with this outcome?
    Fining people that break the law isn't theft. Oh, why do I bother, you're probably one of the giant minds that believe taxation is theft. Also, given how common sense is a logical fallacy horseshit, yeah, no wonder that people who believe in it have hard time getting a clue, be it on this topic, or on any other one. And Google didn't create this market.

so does large unions attempting to steal/extort large sums of money from corporations. they would have never tried to pull this off if it wasnt for the EU. shows how horrible they are and the funniest part is how much they hate america for doing the same. hypocrites at best, thieves at worst.
    And what do unions have to do with this again?
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2017-06-28 at 11:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Fining people that break the law isn't theft. Oh, why do I bother, you're probably one of the giant minds that believe taxation is theft. And given how common sense is a logical fallacy horseshit, yeah, no wonder that people who believe in have hard time getting a clue, be it on this topic, or any other one. And Google didn't create this market.
    You're right about that. A German shopping comparison site (Idealo) was started before Google started that kind of stuff. They were late to the party. I don't even know if there were earlier comparison sites, I just looked up the first one I knew.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrianth View Post
    Or because American companies think they are above the law.

Was it Anti-Americanism when the European Commission ruled against British Airways for being anti-competitive towards the American based Virgin Airlines?
    Virgin Atlantic is a British airline with its head office in Crawley, United Kingdom.

also EU that allows google to quote snippets from news articles? who the fuck do you think you are? holy shit, give a few shitty nations power and all of a sudden they think they are kings of the world. fuck me
    I'm not sure why you suddenly started talking about US in the later part of this paragraph to be honest.

the real question is how can we as citizens of earth voice our displeasure with this outcome?
    Thought you were all "America First"-isolationism? Now you want to be a citizen of earth? hahahahah

this is way worse than what you guys did to microsoft over their IE which was horrible. now this? it has to be stopped. cant wait till trump finds out, he gonna fuck u up good.
    In what way exactly? And for what? Hurting the feewings of US fringe ultra-nationalists who take everything done against anything US personally, because they don't have anything other than their citizenship to support their flimsy self-worth? OK, admittedly, he's one of them so he may get triggered (though there's the part where he's partisanship incarnate, so given Google's not exactly favorable stances towards him at times, who knows how he'll react), but still.

i think you hit the nail on the head. EU doesnt have anything similar. they want it. they are trying to force out google so they can start their own search engine much like the chinese would. you guys are despicable businessmen. im done here.
    Yeah, that's why they acted after Microsoft complained. Because not only is Bill Gates secretly Austrian, he was also secretly resurrected Hitler all this time!

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    The defense spending was already decided during Obama's term. Trump had nothing to do with it. But keep dreaming...
    Not to mention all of the NATO countries that didn't up their defense spending, because unlike US, their leaders have a clue and know that the 2% of GDP is meaningless on its own.

uhh i would use bing, yahoo, duckduckgo, quora, dogpile, yandex, ixquick, ask.com and im sure i could find more just googling search engines.

this is way worse than what you guys did to microsoft over their IE which was horrible. now this? it has to be stopped. cant wait till trump finds out, he gonna fuck u up good.

That is what the common man calls "a monopoly". A near 80% market share, with the biggest "competitor" reaching near 8%.

The Microsoft case was quite similar. They used one product of their lineup, Windows, to promote another product, Internet Explorer. That case was even more obvious, because the IE was in every way inferior to all competitors. It was bug ridden, slow, didn't have the feature sets that other browsers had while having more security holes than a sieve. The EU didn't "do anything" to Microsoft except force them to offer installing another browser. A ruling that is by now essentially non-existant, as MS no longer does that.

What's more, these days you cannot possibly remove Edge from Win10, which is even worse. I use Chrome and I don't want Edge on my computer. Alas, Microsoft has finally succeeded in inserting arbitrary software forcing me to have Edge on Windows. Hey, don't get me started on Cortana... want to have a laugh? If you have the creator's update, go into the task manager and kill the Cortana task. Then kill it again. And again. Nope, you're not crazy, Cortana restarts itself a few seconds after you kill the process. That's really nice, Microsoft. Totally not intruding in my decisions about the system at all.