Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Normally people negotiate or say something before putting mats and gold into a trade window. Wouldn't you have first negotiated rather than essentially demanding I make the mount with the dude's measly 20k
    Fuck that. You first negotiate with me a deal then we make a deal, you (the player) don't get to dictate a one sided deal and just expect me to accept it. So thats why I feel what I did was justified and the ban unnecessary.
    Your mmoc history shows you well deserve the ban! I will talk to a us gm linking this thread to him to show you INTENTIONALLY took the stuff and then loged off.
    24 hour ban is like the unbanning from you in mmoc - something you dont deserve - what you deserve is a ban for life from earth

If you have to ask why this is a legit ban... you'll never know.

I recently got a 24 hour in-game suspension for "Unethical Behavior" (as the email that I received from Blizzard put it)

Heres the situation:

I was in Stormwind advertising my Engineering services in trade. I was just linking my Engineering profession with the trade advertisement: "WTS [Engineering] PST if interested!"

I spammed that a few times in trade and I had a guy whisper me, "where are you?"

I said "Stormwind AH Steps"

A few minutes later WITHOUT HIM SAYING ANYTHING TO ME, he opened trade with me, put the mats in the trade window for the Sky Golem mount, with 20k, and traded it to me.

I accepted the trade, but he said NOTHING to me other than what I originally received from him "where are you?".

I logged off and started playing another character.

Basically I was temporarily banned because some idiot decided to trade me the mats to the sky golem mount + 20k assuming I had the mats to make the sky golem (i didn't have the other parts for it that you need to buy from a vendor). Because of his stupidity, I decided to keep his mats and gold. It was rude of him to just throw stuff into the trade window without even negotiating or finding out if i had the other mats to make the mount.

Long story short, I got banned for someone else's stupidity.

Has anyone else received a temporary suspension when clearly you were not in the wrong?
    You took his shit and logged off. How were you not in the wrong?
    Beta Club Brosquad

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    Your mmoc history shows you well deserve the ban! I will talk to a us gm linking this thread to him to show you INTENTIONALLY took the stuff and then loged off.
    24 hour ban is like the unbanning from you in mmoc - something you dont deserve - what you deserve is a ban for life from earth
    I just figured he was a nice guy and wanted to give me the mats and gold to make a sky golem. He said nothing to me to indicate that he wanted to trade these mats and gold in exchange for a sky golem.

Normally you don't walk into a store and throw money at the cashier expecting them to know what to do with it. You go to customer service, explain your issue, then exchange money / goods in return for other goods.

Bottom line, should he have at least said anything about the trade before submitting the items for trade?

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dismembered View Post
    Your fault, you took his mats and logged off, gg wp.
    I did this back in WOTLK, they didn't do anything about it so I made like 16k doing this, LUL.

I recently got a 24 hour in-game suspension for "Unethical Behavior" (as the email that I received from Blizzard put it)

Heres the situation:

I was in Stormwind advertising my Engineering services in trade. I was just linking my Engineering profession with the trade advertisement: "WTS [Engineering] PST if interested!"

I spammed that a few times in trade and I had a guy whisper me, "where are you?"

A few minutes later WITHOUT HIM SAYING ANYTHING TO ME, he opened trade with me, put the mats in the trade window for the Sky Golem mount, with 20k, and traded it to me.

I accepted the trade, but he said NOTHING to me other than what I originally received from him "where are you?".

Basically I was temporarily banned because some idiot decided to trade me the mats to the sky golem mount + 20k assuming I had the mats to make the sky golem (i didn't have the other parts for it that you need to buy from a vendor). Because of his stupidity, I decided to keep his mats and gold. It was rude of him to just throw stuff into the trade window without even negotiating or finding out if i had the other mats to make the mount.

Has anyone else received a temporary suspension when clearly you were not in the wrong?
    You were banned because Blizzard take action against people who trade-scam, which is what you did. Congrats, you're lucky it was just 24 hours. Take this lesson to heart and stop being callous just because you can and it's the internet.

They should have permabanned you for stealing . You could have given every thing back or even Mailed them to him. You got busted for being a scumbag. Not shocking. We he is still allowed to post here ill never know.
    Last edited by Dystemper; 2017-06-28 at 11:16 PM.
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

rofl rektd.

He mats / gold will prolly be gone when you log back too son.

Seems like you accidentally did something stupid and got punished for it.

At least it's only 24 hours. Not that huge of a deal TBH.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont get why people saying it was a deserved ban? he did not say anything, so he just gave Jay his shit.. So what exactly is the problem?
    Sure it might be a douche move, but only a fucking idiot just gives his cash and mats to somebody without even saying what he fucking wants

10+ Year Old Account

Heres the situation:

The ban was justified. If you didn't have the other things you needed for the mount, or if you felt that you wanted to negotiate payment before crafting the mount you should have canceled the trade.

7+ Year Old Account
    I just figured he was a nice guy and wanted to give me the mats and gold to make a sky golem.
    Sounds legit.

Quote Originally Posted by Avar ize View Post
    I dont get why people saying it was a deserved ban? he did not say anything, so he just gave Jay his shit.. So what exactly is the problem?
    Sure it might be a douche move, but only a fucking idiot just gives his cash and mats to somebody without even saying what he fucking wants
    Because he probably did tell him what he wanted and Jay is not telling the whole story. If it even happened.
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

You know you scammed him and we know you scammed him. You should be permabanned.

You're just as stupid if you assume he just gifted you shit and then log off. If you knew full well what he wanted just say you can't make it and hand it back. Anything else is being dishonest. That's like basic gaming ethics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Well we can't just take your word for it.

I'm sure blizzard had a completely valid reason for suspending you. Stealing mats is a pretty scummy thing to do, you should have been banned longer for that.

The problem you're facing is you're believing everything Jaylock is saying.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep, but apparently several people in this thread can't understand this.

15+ Year Old Account
    snip
    All of this can be replaced by
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Normally people negotiate or say something before putting mats and gold into a trade window. Wouldn't you have first negotiated rather than essentially demanding I make the mount with the dude's measly 20k

Fuck that. You first negotiate with me a deal then we make a deal, you (the player) don't get to dictate a one sided deal and just expect me to accept it. So thats why I feel what I did was justified and the ban unnecessary.
    You should have just returned the mats then. What you did is called stealing. You should be thankful the ban wasn't longer.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.