Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hold my beer.

I've always wondered , people that do dangerous stunts like throwing knives at their partner on a spinning wheel or shooting an object off their head with a bow an arrow, what happens if it goes wrong and someone dies? Do they get charged with murder or manslaughter ? Not sure if this answers the question tho.
    People working 2 jobs in the US (at least one part-time) - 7.8 Million (Roughly 4.9% of the workforce)

People working 2 full-time jobs in the US - 360,000 (0.2% of the workforce)

Average time worked weekly by the US Workforce - 34.5 hours

10+ Year Old Account
    Thinking a .50 cal is not going through a book? That caliber would take out my tax book with ease.

Quote Originally Posted by Aitch View Post
    Unfortunately they were able to breed twice before destroying their genetic material, so not quite.
    Wait, did i mixed up my awards? Darwin award is not for stupid people going stupid things?

Quote Originally Posted by Knaar View Post
    Wait, did i mixed up my awards? Darwin award is not for stupid people going stupid things?
    Darwin award is for people that remove themselves from the genepool in a spectacular fashion before they can procreate. Doesn't necessarily mean death...any kind of sterilization will qualify as well.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's give her some credit. She apparently hit the book. So she didn't miss.

Quote Originally Posted by Kapadons View Post
    I've always wondered , people that do dangerous stunts like throwing knives at their partner on a spinning wheel or shooting an object off their head with a bow an arrow, what happens if it goes wrong and someone dies? Do they get charged with murder or manslaughter ? Not sure if this answers the question tho.
    I believe in many of those kind of situations the person signs a waiver releasing the other from any liability should things go awry.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

They couldn't even...test the idea? Just up and shoot a person thinking a book can stop it?
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

It's a shame they didn't do this "stunt" before he got her pregnant.

Just goes to show how desperate these youtube people are these days. Hope they all kill themselves.

(Infracted) - Please keep it civil.

WOOT!!! My first infaction!
    Last edited by shadowdasher; 2017-06-29 at 06:37 PM.
    Just because I don't agree with you doesn't mean I support the other side.

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    They couldn't even...test the idea? Just up and shoot a person thinking a book can stop it?
    The kind of person that believes a book is going to stop a .50 cal bullet shot at close range... probably never put a lot of points into critical thinking when they were rolling up their character sheet.

Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    The kind of person that believes a book is going to stop a .50 cal bullet shot at close range... probably never put a lot of points into critical thinking when they were rolling up their character sheet.
    I'll always give the case of ignorance a chance. But yes, not testing out a dangerous stunt is definitely telling on their critical thinking levels. Guy was unlucky that they both shared the same quality.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

That's going to be a great conversation to have when all the kids are old enough to ask why they don't have a dad.

I wonder if he was actually that stupid to think the book would stop it or if he just wanted an interesting way out.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I bet the video is going to be epic!

His idea not mine. Translation: My idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Theoris View Post
    On the bright side, he's due for a Darwin Award.
    No he isn't.

Youtube prank GONE WRONG GONE FATAL!!!

<laugh cry emojis>

Quote Originally Posted by Souls View Post
    Monalisa Perez, 19, was booked into county jail after shooting at Pedro Ruiz as he held a book to his chest, believing it would stop the bullet.
    So I guess the takeaway here is that Mythbusters should be required viewing for anyone who owns a gun?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rudkobing View Post
    His idea not mine. Translation: My idea.
    I'd bet $100 that that idea was a man's.

Quote Originally Posted by Protean View Post
    No he isn't.
    I'm going to contact the international body that awards Darwin Awards and assure that he'll get one.

Ie, I'm going to take a time machine back to the 90s and start a viral email about him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

.50-calibre Desert Eagle handgun.
    thats not a handgun, its a handcannon

Aaaaannnnndd my faith in humanity is gone again. A book wouldn't stop a 9mm. A .50 cal is gonna go through the book, the person behind the book and then the wall behind the person.

10+ Year Old Account
    The sheer idiocy of this goes beyond any kind of discussion of gun control or safety.

First off, how does someone this stupid get a Desert Eagle? Was there not ONE family member, friend, SOMETHING who went "Hey maybe you shouldn't have the huge weapon in the house with kids".

Secondly, they can't be so dim (yes, they can), not to know simply from television and media, that a Desert Eagle is a ridiculously large weapon, and at point blank range will turn anything short of concrete to literal salsa. Honestly, even if it DIDN'T pierce the book, the book hitting him would probably do some harm itself, a broken nose or fingers.

I just.

It's rare for me when I literally Can't Even.

And they started the youtube channel literally a few months ago. Fantastic planning. Some days those kids are going to have to cope with "Momma killed Daddy for a youtube video"
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab