How about the "Terror from Below" trinket

I picked this up last week and hadn't used it at all, however looking at our trinket list it looks to be ranked pretty highly.

Looks like the 6% nature debuff from circadian invocation also effects this trinket

When i initially picked up this trinket I didn't like the sounds of it, but from the rankings I guess I will have to take it for a spin....

Quote Originally Posted by joltcola1234 View Post
    How about the "Terror from Below" trinket

I picked this up last week and hadn't used it at all, however looking at our trinket list it looks to be ranked pretty highly.

Looks like the 6% nature debuff from circadian invocation also effects this trinket

When i initially picked up this trinket I didn't like the sounds of it, but from the rankings I guess I will have to take it for a spin....
    Only good for ST, though. Damage is always the same, split between all targets. And yes, it does hit you if you're close enough.

Also got a 920 Terror from Below, gonna test it this week. From a brief look at Skada last week on Sisters HC it did the same damage as my Sunfire.
    I reckon it isn't good on Aoe fights since the proc damage is just split between the targets.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Only good for ST, though. Damage is always the same, split between all targets. And yes, it does hit you if you're close enough.
    Ha, didn't saw that you can get hit too, gonna keep it in mind since I like to hug my tanks sometimes.
    Last edited by zeoos; 2017-06-29 at 08:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by limis View Post
    Demonic Inquisition and Harjatan are AoE fests with adds that don't die in few seconds (yet). Those two are also early bosses so mythic statistic are pretty scewed at the moment. We need more bosses and more kills on those bosses before we can say anything.

Quote Originally Posted by zeoos View Post
    Ha, didn't saw that you can get hit too, gonna keep it in mind since I like to hug my tanks sometimes.
    Should be noted that it only hits you, not the rest of your group, though. So no evilly sniping accidentally hitting melees

Whoa, what? Fire is above Frost???

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zeoos View Post
    Also got a 920 Terror from Below, gonna test it this week. From a brief look at Skada last week on Sisters HC it did the same damage as my Sunfire.
    I reckon it isn't good on Aoe fights since the proc damage is just split between the targets.

I managed to get a 930 one yesterday and tested it in Normal. On ST it is pretty damn good, getting about 5-10% of my damage done. I think I will continue to use my Metronome for now on aoe-heavy fights, at least until I get Sentinel. Note that the ability travels on the ground and will pop prematurely if it hits geometry in its path. I noticed this on the transition phase of Maiden, where it blew up on the hole in the middle of the room when attempting to get to her.

Quote Originally Posted by earthwormjim View Post
    Did it on normal, was not getting torment from Starfall. Maybe it was hot fixed, or there really is a difference between difficulties?
    Yes, there's a big difference. Starfall and DoTs will give you torment during Squal/Bone Saw.

Quote Originally Posted by Jqu View Post
    Yes, there's a big difference. Starfall and DoTs will give you torment during Squal/Bone Saw.
    Working on Mythic, it's definitely not the DOTs and Starfall. I'm thinking it is Shooting Stars and maybe Echoing Stars. What is the range on Echoing Stars? Does it cover the whole Starfall area, or is it ~8 yards from target?
    Last edited by earthwormjim; 2017-06-29 at 07:26 PM.

Dot ticks do not proc Torment. The initial hit from Moonfire/Sunfire will proc Torment, the first hit of Starfall will proc Torment, and then obviously direct damage spells will proc Torment.

i love when people include the Skorp/Tisch of this raid.......

its just like when the last raid was released if you included these fights we looked like we were in a great position.

as you got further and further into the raid where bosses started to become harder and harder, we suffered.

wonder if warcraft logs will start discounting some mobs on some fights again.

i would easily give up 5-10% of our AOE for 5% st buff. problem is they will prob just nerf a few classes aoe by 5-10% with no compensation :P

Quote Originally Posted by Myztikrice View Post
    Dot ticks do not proc Torment. The initial hit from Moonfire/Sunfire will proc Torment, the first hit of Starfall will proc Torment, and then obviously direct damage spells will proc Torment.
    It's probably not even damage, just application.

On an unrelated note, how long have we had the SS/SW "launch" animations?(going from your hands forward, even when casting at a 90° angle)
    Last edited by huth; 2017-06-29 at 10:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fappy View Post
    Whoa, what? Fire is above Frost???

- - - Updated - - -

I managed to get a 930 one yesterday and tested it in Normal. On ST it is pretty damn good, getting about 5-10% of my damage done. I think I will continue to use my Metronome for now on aoe-heavy fights, at least until I get Sentinel. Note that the ability travels on the ground and will pop prematurely if it hits geometry in its path. I noticed this on the transition phase of Maiden, where it blew up on the hole in the middle of the room when attempting to get to her.
    Interesting about the Geometry thing, hopefully that's not a big issue as the terrain for that fight is kind of unique.

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    i love when people include the Skorp/Tisch of this raid.......

its just like when the last raid was released if you included these fights we looked like we were in a great position.

as you got further and further into the raid where bosses started to become harder and harder, we suffered.

wonder if warcraft logs will start discounting some mobs on some fights again.

i would easily give up 5-10% of our AOE for 5% st buff. problem is they will prob just nerf a few classes aoe by 5-10% with no compensation :P
    All of the adds in ToS fights have to die as soon as possible though, they're not really comparable, except maybe spawning extra adds in Mythic Inquisition and leaving an add up on Fallen Host
    Last edited by Myztikrice; 2017-06-29 at 11:44 PM.

You're looking at the raid overall when half the bosses have no parses...

Quote Originally Posted by Myztikrice View Post
    All of the adds in ToS fights have to die as soon as possible though, they're not really comparable, except maybe spawning extra adds in Mythic Inquisition and leaving an add up on Fallen Host
    some of them do, just like on mythic tish, and some of them don't.
    as gear ramps up more and more of these will be subject to pad abuse just like before.

if they are that important then we should expect an AOE nerf anyday now as we are clearly an outlier that needs a AOE nerf, a long with a few other specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    some of them do, just like on mythic tish, and some of them don't.
    as gear ramps up more and more of these will be subject to pad abuse just like before.

if they are that important then we should expect an AOE nerf anyday now as we are clearly an outlier that needs a AOE nerf, a long with a few other specs.
    Aoe was already nerfed, and aoe is our thing. If they nerf our aoe again, the need to increase our st damage.

Recent topics:
    -- Do you nerf AOE to buff ST, or do you nerf AOE to nerf AOE?
    -- Balance Druid has big AOE potential given the adds don't explode when they spawn. If adds are suddenly living longer because gear is lower, do you expect Balance Druiid DPS to go up faster than those with burst AOE? :: Add health does not change, damage goes up, adds don't live as long, our AOE dps is based on sustained. So does our relative DPS go up, or down?)

Balance is more-or-less not going to get better. As encounters become more bursty, the bursty class get better. This will the case in every single game.
    The Boomkings(WIP) :: YouTube Project

10+ Year Old Account
    I concur about the burst... Output. Still, at least in heroic, I feel that my DPS contribution is meaningful and our toolkit is okay.

I know most people (or at the very least, Slippy) plan to use cloak and shoulders for their T19 pieces, but what should one do if you have to swap out shoulders for LaTC on aoe fights? Also swap out the T19 cloak for a better ilevel piece since you won't get the 2P?