Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Omg new spell animations!!!

Oh wait, we're warlocks we can't have nice things.

wth is your problem clickbait

Deleted
    Warlock is the least played ranged class so it's only natural that they update warlock animations last.

It's always hard to tell if Warlocks have legit concerns or if the people that main them are just emo

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo03 View Post
    It's always hard to tell if Warlocks have legit concerns or if the people that main them are just emo
    It's both.

So do you think we will get new animations in 7.3 or that we'll have to wait until 7.4?
    Battletag: Chris#23952 (EU)
    Warlock

I'd rather get better demons tbh. We're in a Legion expansion and we can't summon the cool demons we're fighting.

Quote Originally Posted by Avikur View Post
    So do you think we will get new animations in 7.3 or that we'll have to wait until 7.4?
    I doubt Warlocks will get them at all. Blizzard's only concern is stripping them of everything they can. In fact, I'm willing to bet the class is removed after 7.3 since they seem eager to bring down the entire Burning Legion.

This post deserves an appropriate reply:

What a shitty shit post with click bait title. This is the exact reason you actually don't deserve new spell animations.

Quote Originally Posted by effs View Post
    I'd rather get better demons tbh. We're in a Legion expansion and we can't summon the cool demons we're fighting.
    Yeah, having more demons that are completely useless would be fantastic.

When they said they prepare new animations I said to my guildies that they preparing new animations for druids and all mages who already have visual updates every now and then. Turned out they will not update warlock animations at all, but hey, they promised to update sp animations in next build while they already got bunch of new cool animations in legion (reason I finally decided to level sp alt). Agony skull from classic says hi. Chosbolt from wotlk says hi (there's new animation of rift cb but who cares). Demon summoning animation says hi, etc, etc, etc. I don't know who can be really surprised of Blizzard approach to warlocks, since 7.0.3 they took all opportunities to shit on class design they could sometimes making memes like "double down on strenghts" and then nerf said strengths. But rejoyce guys! They will probably took some of our spells and give it again to mages/priests/dh again.
    Last edited by Sunlighthell; 2017-06-29 at 08:43 AM.

Kind of frustrating - Shadow Priests and Elemental Shamans are getting their second update this expansion and Mages their third. Meanwhile Warlocks are the only casters sitting on 0 updates and 2 downgrades of visuals to older expansions. I've honestly given up on any kind of update this expansion - maybe halfway through the next.

hold on, idk if it means anything, but my warlock was standing in a punching position while fighting earlier.

maybe that means something's coming for warlocks.

I don't care about PETTY LITTLE THINGS like bloody spell animations and neither should you....

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    I don't care about PETTY LITTLE THINGS like bloody spell animations and neither should you....
    the game needs cooler looking shit.

the shaman animations are amazing, you actually rip earth from the ground and mold it into lava with fire for lava burst. you actually wave your arms like you're conjuring your blizzard as a mage.

i could only imagine how they could spruce up chaos bolt.

It would be nice if they could come out and say "we're working on it" but I'm not going up in arms about it, we still don't have the MG animation back either OR the Soulburn Haunt aura which looked cool as shit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by effs View Post
    This. It's absolutely ridiculous that warlocks, particularly demonologists, are stuck with demons that are way less impressive than the ones that are all over world content.

For a start we should be able to tame those world demons as permanent pets...people will cry "but that means too many to balance around with different abilities", to which I say: hunters.

There's a glimme rof hope, in that in th elast chat they said they wanted the big warlock cooldown to feature a big, impressive dmeon like a fel-lord.

It's just stupid that a dmeo lock particularly is limited to two dogs, a handful of imps and a felguard. That's not a "master of demons" at all.

Affliction desperately needs some visual love. OUr stuff hasn;t changed in some cases since vanilla (liek Agony). Most of it is just a few unimpressive purple glows you can hardly see. They did not even bother to bring the proper Malefic Grasp animation back. Why can;t Agony be one of those "slash attack" type animations?

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    the game needs cooler looking shit.

the shaman animations are amazing, you actually rip earth from the ground and mold it into lava with fire for lava burst. you actually wave your arms like you're conjuring your blizzard as a mage.

i could only imagine how they could spruce up chaos bolt.
    Well I prefer the warlock animations. You should go play a bloody shaman then

7+ Year Old Account
    So all three mage specs get updates before a single Warlock spec? In what world is that fair or reasonable?

Quote Originally Posted by Inshabel View Post
    It would be nice if they could come out and say "we're working on it" but I'm not going up in arms about it, we still don't have the MG animation back either OR the Soulburn Haunt aura which looked cool as shit.
    Yeah what the hell happened to the SB:Haunt aura? If they were smart they'd use it for the Deadwind Harvester buff... it's a flavor home run with all the souls