Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    There's a reason why it's called PTR. They're only testing the first zone of three zones. Three zones. That's a pretty sizable content patch, then you've got the story content in each zone, a raid and dungeon coming too. From what I've tested so far, it's very early to really say anything.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    "We're not that bad, we just turn places into boring wastelands, those Void Lords, though, let me tell you, those guys will make everything chaotic, colorful and interesting!"

Fel corruption either destroys or transforms. After so many years, a complete ecosystem adapted to fel isn't unbelievable, and it would have been fascinating. Fel grass, fel trees, fel predators and fel preys.
    Fel tends to drain the life of anything it comes in contact with... adaptation is a rather long-term process.
    How should something that dies on contact stand a chance of adapting?

Quote Originally Posted by NatePsychotic View Post
    There's a reason why it's called PTR. They're only testing the first zone of three zones. Three zones. That's a pretty sizable content patch, then you've got the story content in each zone, a raid and dungeon coming too. From what I've tested so far, it's very early to really say anything.
    I just friggin' hope this "story-content" doesn't go the way of BS-campaign... :S

Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    Fel tends to drain the life of anything it comes in contact with... adaptation is a rather long-term process.
    Well demons have adapted to fel.

Demonic weeds, anyone?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post

I just friggin' hope this "story-content" doesn't go the way of BS-campaign... :S
    But fel also mutates

Quote Originally Posted by Ser Arthur Dayne View Post
    Angry fanboy u are happy to pay for minimal effort? Sad.
    haha his right, you are not arthur dayne, and who ever that guy is.

Deleted
    Even in its green/black felness it could have more diversity. Screenshots so far are bland.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    Given that a small percentage of people who play actually visit MMOC, I really hope majority of players never realize this toxic cesspool exists.
    I hope the guy putting a gun to your head to post 5.378 times on this toxic cesspool shows some mercy from time to time.

Good luck friend, it's not easy being forced to be somewhere you don't want to be for 8 years, and 5.378 interactions straight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course Argus should be desolate, but a hellhole can still be gorgeous. Remember Netherstorm, or Icecrown, or the Isle of Thunder? These were desolate areas and yet hauntingly beautiful.

Argus as it is right now however is just Broken Shore v2.
    The shadowy Daughter of Urthona stood before red Orc,
    When fourteen suns had faintly journey'd o'er his dark abode:
    His food she brought in iron baskets, his drink in cups of iron:
    Crown'd with a helmet and dark hair the nameless female stood;

Gone are the days when Blizzatd were even trying...

Argus is supposed to be a wondrous world of magic + technology..
    Yeah, before the legion invaded and took it over for 20 thousand years...

This topic's not a complaint.
    It's the fucking truth.

feels like its too early to tell
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOne01 View Post
    I believe your hands should be cut off. As I feel your opinions prove your not fit to type.
    Gen Off-Topic being hella ruthless

They've basically always re-used a lot of art assets for major content patches (although areas like the Isle of Thunder did a great job of concealing that), since it's good, efficient use of resources while they work on brand new stuff for the next expansion. That being said, I'm not impressed by the look of Argus so far either. There's just very little diversity in the colour palette they've been using. Everything Legion-esque in this expansion is just the Shadowmoon Valley / Black Temple aesthetic, and while that's a cool look for the odd zone or two, the dark, oppressive atmosphere gets pretty old pretty quickly. It doesn't help that WoD ended with a whole zone like this too.

Personally I was hoping for more shades of red and yellow when we got to Argus. Something to make it feel a bit more unique and stand out. The bits of Draenei architecture in the zone are probably the most interesting part of it, so I would've loved to see more of a focus on that aesthetic. A cool corrupted Draenei style to contrast with our good guy spaceship.

Fingers crossed for some different stuff in the other zones.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    You say that like WoD landscapes sucked. They were amazing. Regardless of if you liked wod or not.
    no I really liked them

Only morons expected a Legion infested world to look the same it did before the Legion arrived.

However, we have yet to see the other areas. QQ more though, I'm sure you'll refrain from playing in your outrage, voting with your wallet to take a stand against Blizzard's "lack of trying!".

Argus is supposed to be a wondrous world of magic + technology..and broken shore is supposed to be extension of beautiful Suramar but almost all you see is a landscape of 3 dark pixels...should have had beautiful but broken buildings but it looks minimal effort.
    Yup. More depressing black rocks and green lava. Very clear the art team is working on the next expansion.

According to this thread this image is of a landscape that is very nearly 100% black and green.

Sure.

Theme park expansions are all that Blizzard knows. "Sha-corrupted ______" "Fel-corrupted ______", get ready for purple everything next expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaderick View Post
    According to this thread this image is of a landscape that is very nearly 100% black and green.
    Nope. That's the dungeon, not the outdoor zone. I expect the raid and dungeon will have unique, cool-looking art. That's a different content team inside Blizzard. But that's not what this thread is actually about.

Also overlap doesn't exist apparently.

As others have stated, there's three parts to Argus. The part we arrive in is bleak wasteland, for story reasons (aka, the Legion's important stuff is protected). But it's there's pristine Mac'Aree. And a third part which looks like it'll be full of Legion industrial facilities. We won't be in barren wasteland the entire patch.

And having walked around in the wasteland part on the PTR, even that has severely impressed me. There's a ton of new art assets, even where they could have just reused the old stuff.

All you have to do is look at the Xenadar from a distance and you can tell it is more than broken shore v2.