Deleted

Factory mass producted food

I've been eating clean locally grown food, not necessarily organic, for my whole life. at first I though my family has had trust issues all along, my father always said that if you visit a single factory, you wouldn't even bother buying these products.

Living in iran has it's perks, We have acces to good quality vegetables all year long, and its a four season country with a 50degree differentiate between its states, we got different fresh fruits and fresh potatos and wheat through the year.

When my wife got into our family and her diet changed, she added like 4kgs without adding a single cm to her waist or size. before she moved in, she was getting flu or severe diarrhea atleast 4-5times a year. now that I've cut her from canned food, factory products and specially long standing milks, she is healthier and stronger. my mother in law though is still the same. my father in law lost 15kg just by changing to local dairy products. so these products causing malnutrition and health risks are like daylight obvious to me.

What do regulations do if every mass produced food has health risks?
    why can't we change the society's economic module to a diversed small amount production?
    Since the green revolution in 40s, has capitalism done good to health?
    Last edited by mmoc9590e3104a; 2017-06-29 at 10:32 AM.

Fresh food isn't 100% safe, there are pesticides and fungicides on the food and sometimes E coli bacteria from farm workers pooping in the fields. One of the most carcinogenic compounds in the world is found on a fungus that grows on stored unprocessed wheat.

But you're probably mostly right.

I just gave up worrying about it.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

this keeps getting overexaggerated. there is not as much difference in locally grown and mass produced food as you think.

your father in law didn't magically lose 15kg while consuming the same amount of food from a different source. a gram of fat is a gram of fat. changing an entire diet surely can help and your wife shouldn't go back to eating things that give her diarrhea even if just for the sake of cleaner anal sex but condemning all mass produced or processed food is just the wrong conclusion. it sounds to me like the change in what they eat helped more than the change of the source.
    even if it was true in those 2 cases, you shouldn't base anything on anecdotal evidence like this.

after working in a biolab for 4 years and analyzing tons of foods from different sources as well as reading plenty of studies I don't believe the "mass production is an evil machine that produces food without nutritional value but poisons our poor little children" story.

anyway, I just come to this site like once a year to check if wow is good again. it never is so until next year, mmo-champ forum and good luck with your families nutrition, OP.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazgaraspa View Post
    I've been eating clean locally grown food, not necessarily organic, for my whole life. at first I though my family has had trust issues all along, my father always said that if you visit a single factory, you wouldn't even bother buying these products.

Living in iran has it's perks, We have acces to good quality vegetables all year long, and its a four season country with a 50degree differentiate between its states, we got different fresh fruits and fresh potatos and wheat through the year.

When my wife got into our family and her diet changed, she added like 4kgs without adding a single cm to her waist or size. before she moved in, she was getting flu or severe diarrhea atleast 4-5times a year. now that I've cut her from canned food, factory products and specially long standing milks, she is healthier and stronger. my mother in law though is still the same. my father in law lost 15kg just by changing to local dairy products. so these products causing malnutrition and health risks are like daylight obvious to me.

What do regulations do if every mass produced food has health risks?
    why can't we change the society's economic module to a diversed small amount production?
    Since the green revolution in 40s, has capitalism done good to health?
    Processed food is bad for you. It truly is. There are many links made to processed food and different types of cancer, especially colon cancer.
    But what it's really done is make people completely ignorant of what REAL FOOD actually tastes and looks like. It's also ruined peoples tastebuds, making them demand crazy amounts of fat, sugar and salt in their food.

Regulations are different depending on country. Some countries have very high standards, while others barely have any. It depends on how aware and active the consumers are, because without the consumers/customers wanting change there won't be change.

Cheapness and maximized production is the heart of capitalism. Regulation can put, no pun intended, a lid on that. But it's once more up to the consumer to spearhead the changes. But also in part the work of the government to make better food more affordable.

No. Capitalism is a self-destructive zero sum game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Freitag View Post
    this keeps getting overexaggerated. there is not as much difference in locally grown and mass produced food as you think.

your father in law didn't magically lose 15kg while consuming the same amount of food from a different source. a gram of fat is a gram of fat. changing an entire diet surely can help and your wife shouldn't go back to eating things that give her diarrhea even if just for the sake of cleaner anal sex but condemning all mass produced or processed food is just the wrong conclusion. it sounds to me like the change in what they eat helped more than the change of the source.
    even if it was true in those 2 cases, you shouldn't base anything on anecdotal evidence like this.

after working in a biolab for 4 years and analyzing tons of foods from different sources as well as reading plenty of studies I don't believe the "mass production is an evil machine that produces food without nutritional value but poisons our poor little children" story.

anyway, I just come to this site like once a year to check if wow is good again. it never is so until next year, mmo-champ forum and good luck with your families nutrition, OP.
    The most notable differences are that you get some insight into locally grown foods, you can even get to know the producers personally. It's a different level of control for the consumer. But it also reduces how far food travels and the environmental impact that such travel has. And also the impact such travel has on the quality of the food. A fresh banana from a tree you just walked by is gonna be better than a banana picked half across the world to get shipped to your country.

I think the OP phrased him/herself incorrectly, meaning that their diet changed from processed garbage to non-processed foods.

Deleted

this bugs me, its like how can lab tests not show the result we are already seeing? there are also many articles and studies proving mass produced food products lose their quality

- - - Updated - - -

this bugs me, its like how can lab tests not show the result we are already seeing? there are also many articles and studies proving mass produced food products lose their quality

Working in a biolab and learning about fresh food is semantically the same as doing all the math to learn how to ride a bike. It really doesn't work. This is what I was talking about in another thread when some people let science replace their common sense, and way of thinking.

I recall a doctor mentioning a study how sugar and candy has no effect on children. He said that as a doctor he had to accept the study. But as a father he derided the study as bullshit.

While locally grown food can be assumed to be the same all over, since there isn't much to it other than growing it and keeping it safe, processed food quality could change drastically from a country to the next, depending on regulations. You can expect most companies to offer the worse food allowed by local regulations. Not wanting to bash on Iran, because I just don't know how it works there, but possibly their regulations are much more loose than in the US or EU, so their processed food could really be so much worse that changing to locally grown causes noticeable effects.

Not saying the US has good food regulation, but it could be much worse

If you think eating a specific type of foods is healthy, good for you. That may not actually be the case, but people rarely care about science, when they have their feelings.

I am not afraid of most processed foods, nor am I afraid of GMOs. I don't spend extra on organic, and I enjoy eating fast food and at restaurants. When it comes to weight, it's all about the amount of calories you consume, and how many you burn off in a day.