Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Razamith View Post
    If you like transistor and didn't find it by knowing of Bastion, check that out (basically the predecessor, just as good if not better)
    Mmmm I played like 7 minutes of Transistor today and it was meh. I stopped right as I got the fourth [teleport] skill. I'll have to revisit it some time later to reevaluate it. Clicking around and using some skills seemed a bit repetitive.

Vanishing of EC is mostly a walking/adventure simulator with some really nice graphics and a few interesting mechanics. For cheap i'd say its worth it, and was about a good 6-8 hour graphics adventure.
    Ehhhhhh. Sounds bad the way you put it. I'd rather be lazy and watch some youtuber do it. I'll youtube the first bit of the game to see what it's like.

Witcher 3 sale should be tempting for anyone who hasn't played it before.
    I actually watched maybe the first half of Witcher 3 on youtube. Felt like the type of game that should be played, not watched though. Especially because of all the side stories and the huge world.

But uhhhhh. I never understood the combat. Like, there were 6 magic skills on hand and I never understood why the youtuber chose the ones he did. I guess if I played the game I'd learn more, but it felt very underwhelming.

7+ Year Old Account
    What would people recommend? I'm buying South Park™: The Stick of Truth™ for sure and one more game. I have my eyes on Rise of the Tomb Raider™, Quantum Break, XCOM® 2, or maybe a different game. I like games like Nier Automata. The game has to have a good story. I already have the witcher game and haven't really started it except for the tutorial. I tried out Fallout 4 when it was free to play on the weekend and found it rather boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Bekster View Post
    What would people recommend? I'm buying South Park™: The Stick of Truth™ for sure and one more game. I have my eyes on Rise of the Tomb Raider™, Quantum Break, XCOM® 2, or maybe a different game. I like games like Nier Automata. The game has to have a good story. I already have the witcher game and haven't really started it except for the tutorial. I tried out Fallout 4 when it was free to play on the weekend and found it rather boring.
    I played like 6 hours of Tomb Raider today. I originally had the game for PS3 years ago, but only recently bought it for PC and it's still amazing. I'm definitely buying Rise of the Tomb Raider before the weekend is over. I just wish it was $20 instead of $24. Small difference, yeah, but the game is like...1.5 years old now? 1.8 maybe? I don't remember Microsoft's bullshit exclusivity deal.

I watched a youtube playthrough of Quantum Break and it's prettttttttty good story-wise. Gameplay wise it looked average. For $20 it's probably a respectable pickup.

Quote Originally Posted by bbr View Post
    The Steam link is currently rudiculously cheap.

But,. the reviews for it are suddenly going down the deep end as well - currently Mixed.
    That doesn't bode well - has anyone got any actual real world experience with the thing?
    It's alright. They basically just mirror the pc display to the tv, nothing really more to it.

You can run both at the same time, and see the desktop/windows moving around as it does on the tv too.

7+ Year Old Account
    Any one try Tales of Berseria?

I bought bayonetta and guilty gear revelation. Bayonette is great. It just sucks that I don't have a place to practice combos. Loading screen has that but it loads so fast under 2 seconds that I cant practice shit. Then I bought some cheap visual novels for dem feels. Probably will buy some old games like quake 4 before the sales finish.

10+ Year Old Account
    Got Bastion, Transistor, and Hollow Knight. So far Hollow Knight is one of the best metroidvania games I've played, although fuck the Soul Master and his downward slam move.

Quote Originally Posted by Gref View Post
    I bought bayonetta and guilty gear revelation. Bayonette is great. It just sucks that I don't have a place to practice combos. Loading screen has that but it loads so fast under 2 seconds that I cant practice shit. Then I bought some cheap visual novels for dem feels. Probably will buy some old games like quake 4 before the sales finish.
    IIRC, you can practice combos if you go to the store and test a move -- I think it'll show the combo list.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    It's alright. They basically just mirror the pc display to the tv, nothing really more to it.

You can run both at the same time, and see the desktop/windows moving around as it does on the tv too.
    I might actually grab one. How good is the wireless streaming with a decent router?
    Shhhhh, she's doing magical trig bullshit trig substitutions

@Tryuk OOooo thanks man! i am still on early game so I have no idea about many things. Just wishing bayonetta 2 steam release

10+ Year Old Account
    I bought Warhammer space marine and Alien Isolation, both of which I have played a little bit on a friends account so bought them for myself.
    Has anyone played Northgard wondering whether it is worth getting? Its currently in early access so may still wait until its fully released but just wondering.

Quote Originally Posted by bbr View Post
    The Steam link is currently rudiculously cheap.

But,. the reviews for it are suddenly going down the deep end as well - currently Mixed.
    That doesn't bode well - has anyone got any actual real world experience with the thing?

Bastion is WAY better,.
    its more action instead of tactics.

Also,
    There's a lovely bundle with prison architect up:
    http://store.steampowered.com/bundle...mplete_Bundle/

-93% off.
    I have 160 hours into prison Architect already.

Got nothing to Buy FeelsGoodMan but at the same time it FeelsBadMan.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have the following sitting in my cart that I'm probably going to buy:

1. The Witcher Trilogy

2. Not a Hero

3. Starship Titanic (Great game from the 90s -- Well worth the $1.50)

4. Dishonored II

5. Life is Strange

6. Telltale's Batman

7. Deponia Doomsday (To finish off my Deponia Collection)
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    This was my first Steam Summer Sale. I'm pretty happy with my purchases.

I picked up:
    Xenoverse 2 (base edition - I'll buy the season pass later if I get into it),
    Stardew Valley
    Roller Coaster Tycoon 1 and 2
    Left for Dead 2
    Portal 2
    RPG Maker XP

I was tempted to buy a few Batman games, Torchlight 2 and Grim Dawn but decided to save my money. The Bioshock trilogy was tempting too but I've played the first game and have Infinite from GwG on my XBox. The Civ V bundle looked like a good deal too - I just wasn't sure how much I would actually play it.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Orangetai420 View Post
    This was my first Steam Summer Sale. I'm pretty happy with my purchases.

The Civ V bundle looked like a good deal too - I just wasn't sure how much I would actually play it.
    For me, Civ V complete is the best of the Civ games, more than worth the money if you've played and enjoyed any of the others. I've got around 150 hours played over the last month or so and still have a lot of different Civs I haven't tried yet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    Anything like heroes of might & magic?
    The disciples games, at least the first and the second one, were similar but not identical, very good games, but taking down enemy base castle/fortress was nearly impossible,although i remember doing it once, but still great games and cheap, also king´s bounty series.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Davemetalhead View Post
    For me, Civ V complete is the best of the Civ games, more than worth the money if you've played and enjoyed any of the others. I've got around 150 hours played over the last month or so and still have a lot of different Civs I haven't tried yet.
    I haven't played a civ game in years but I love Roller Coaster Tycoon and it's the same genre so maybe I will pick it up after all. For the bundle they are offering, $12.50 seems like a steal.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Orangetai420 View Post
    I haven't played a civ game in years but I love Roller Coaster Tycoon and it's the same genre so maybe I will pick it up after all. For the bundle they are offering, $12.50 seems like a steal.
    Take a look at Planet Coaster. I bought it, and it's a pretty solid game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Davemetalhead View Post
    Civ V feels like cheating, after around 300 hours into Civ VI. They changed the game so much, and made it a lot harder, Civ V just feels too easy now.

Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    I'll recommend mount and blade warband. 4.99 iirc you can get that, Vikings, and Napoleonic wars for 10 bucks.

Has a bit of a learning curve but I'm playing the hell out of it.
    I'm going to second this. I have a few hundred hours invested in this game, and it only costs $5. The sheer amount of fun you can get out of this game - before we even get to the excellent mod overhauls - is incredible.

Herald of the Titans BarelyLegalBear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thinking about buying Bayonetta, opinions on it?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Stark View Post
    Thinking about buying Bayonetta, opinions on it?
    I do not have it, but surely i will, it is cheap, the PC port seems to be exceptional, and they say is one of the best action rpg combat systems.
    I have not bought it yet, because i am playing too many games at the same time right now, but i will.
    Just check one or two youtube pc gameplay vids, and you will buy it.