Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclekreepy View Post
    I'm waiting for the new season but I did buy it yesterday.. when is the new season coming?
    im doing the same... but i might power level one on non season to spend my 2.k Shards towards...

i just want it to be fresh for season, but i might not be able to wait haha

Deleted
    My necro is 70 now and at the point of building up the sets so I have just been messing around trying to find weird builds and have sort of settled upon the most face roll set up I could imagine.

It basically uses the 2 set of the Pestilence set in combination with Devouring Aura and Land of the Dead to get a build which has no generator. It works pretty well, blasting through t4 rifts with no great difficulty and well, its insanely easy to play. It can be a bit of a problem when the mobs are far apart so its hard to make use of corpses but Zodiac ring brings down the cooldown on LotD a lot.
    Last edited by mmoc57bc59579f; 2017-06-29 at 04:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mojojojo101 View Post
    My necro is 70 now and at the point of building up the sets so I have just been messing around trying to find weird builds and have sort of settled upon the most face roll set up I could imagine.

It basically uses the 2 set of the Pestilence set in combination with Devouring Aura and Land of the Dead to get a build which has no generator. It works pretty well, blasting through t4 rifts with no great difficulty and well, its insanely easy to play. It can be a bit of a problem when the mobs are far apart so its hard to make use of corpses but Zodiac ring brings down the cooldown on LotD a lot.
    The 6-piece of the Pestilence set is a big game-changer. I'm being cautious about pushing my torment levels because I play hardcore pretty exclusively, but even at Torment 7, that Bone Spear buff nukes the bejesus out of everything. And once you get rolling, you'll slowly build stacks faster than you can spend them, basically; take Devour with Devouring Aura, and you auto-consume all corpses within 12+ yards, and each corpse is another charge of nuke.

From what I'm hearing, the set is way worse than Rathma's or Inarius for high rifts, but running lower rifts to farm gear it's pretty fantastic. Bone spear spam and bone lances going off constantly to clean up the secondaries. The only reason to use my generator is literally to regen Essence; I usually hit and sit at 100 stacks of Bone Spear.

And I'm still using a Taeguk gem which I shouldn't be, gotta go fix that.

I have been barely able to contain gleeful cackles as I chain corpse explosions- yeah, I'm having quite a bit of fun. Just got to level 64-ish, so I'll probably hit 70 tonight when I get on.

It feels a bit like cheating, but I've been using this since level 30:

It'll be hard to get rid of it for a while just because of the ancient property.

That said, I now look like this:
    https://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/.../hero/95336043

I can keep going non-stop, I have about ~3 to 4 Mages active at most times during Rifts, except for single target and everything dies almost instantly as far as I've gone, (I think I did Greater Rift Master to T2 sequentially now and I'll keep going as long as I don't feel threatened.

The main thing is though, I don't really feel a lack of AoE at the moment and the AoE damage will only grow as my gear expands. So, maybe it won't be an issue.

....I think it will be more boring than D2 necromancer with limited skils. If summons takes up many spots on action bar.

For all necro builds (well there we're 3, summon, poison, bone) in D2 we do 1-2-3 rotation...Curse>Spell (bone spear/poison nova, summon maybe have some variations)>Corpse explosion. All 3 necro builds in D2 relies on CE...its kinda bored, none can do really good without it...its insanely OP in D2.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    ....I think it will be more boring than D2 necromancer with limited skils. If summons takes up many spots on action bar.

For all necro builds (well there we're 3, summon, poison, bone) in D2 we do 1-2-3 rotation...Curse>Spell (bone spear/poison nova, summon maybe have some variations)>Corpse explosion. All 3 necro builds in D2 relies on CE...its kinda bored, none can do really good without it...its insanely OP in D2.
    I've made plenty of builds without oO

Im enjoying the Necromancer so far, some skills are really cool to watch. BTW, the 15 euros that I spent on it were worth it the minute I tried Corpse Lance, now I know how Yondu of Guardians of the Galaxy feels when he kills everybody with his whistle.
    Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

I've tested the sets in solo and 2-grp GR.

Rathma with archers is the strongest one I think.
    I found Bone Storm Set/Build to be on the same level.
    Bone Spear set/build does a lot of damage, but you are too squishee for only two people.

I wanted to play trag ouls sets, but somehow it is to weak in higher GR above 50. There is a bug with Iron Rose. Blood Nova triggered by Iron Rose is only buffed when you have blood nova picked as a skill, but I don't want to do this, because I need other skills to be viable.

I'm trying out a Kadaver Explosion Trag Oul Build today.

At lower levels trag ouls with Iron Rose is the fastest way to farm I think.

Can someone explain to me how corpses work when you have 2+ necromancers in a party? Are the corpses completely unique to each player or are they shared? I find when I play my Pestilence Bone Spear build and my partner plays corpse explosion there is a lot less for me to consume compared to 1 player. Perhaps this is just a perception because I am no longer killing 100% of the monsters?

Quote Originally Posted by Pattiecakes View Post
    Can someone explain to me how corpses work when you have 2+ necromancers in a party? Are the corpses completely unique to each player or are they shared? I find when I play my Pestilence Bone Spear build and my partner plays corpse explosion there is a lot less for me to consume compared to 1 player. Perhaps this is just a perception because I am no longer killing 100% of the monsters?
    Corpses are unique to each player.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

https://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/.../hero/95343781

Used the Blackguard that is equipped while leveling, was glorious.
    Currently in my "normal rift" set, which has Boon of the hoarder in a gem slot and Avarice band and Gloves of Worship in the cube.
    I change those with Bane of the stricken, Tasker and theo and the cold immunity necklace.

Decided to craft some stuff when I dinged 70 and lo and behold I get a Primal Ancient Sage's Passage. Totally missed that until like an hour later when I was about to reroll a stat on them.

So far I really like the necromancer, looking forward to try the sets.

FC - 2234-7580-4322
    Ingame - Mille
    DS name - Groggen

10+ Year Old Account
    I hit 70 and I'm burned out. Meh. Maybe when S11 comes out. Twas fun, but I don't know. Haven't really convinced myself that I'm done, but also haven't convinced myself to keep going.

But OMG corpse asplosion!
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Bonestorm build is pretty neat. Up to GR66 in hardcore without much trouble, I keep bumping it but I just had my first close call in a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Bonestorm build is pretty neat. Up to GR66 in hardcore without much trouble, I keep bumping it but I just had my first close call in a long time.
    thats quick.. it took me 3 weeks on my season crus to get to t10

Havent touched it yet. Going to play when the season is released. Dont like the idea of starting a new class with 1k+ paragons and all kind of high lvl gems and items.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    thats quick.. it took me 3 weeks on my season crus to get to t10
    Got to T6 or T7 using the Pestilence set just because I hadn't gotten drops for anything else; once you get the 6-piece, it's pretty nukey.

Inarius' is MUCH stronger and faster, though.

I haven't tried the other two sets at all, though; Trang'ouls looks fun but I play Hardcore exclusively and "has health costs" is a giant blaring "no". Rathma's doesn't inspire me, but it's supposedly effective.

I've gotten a bunch of lucky Ancient drops, too, though; I have a pretty decent Ancient Reliana's Shadowhook that dropped pretty solid rolls tonight, and then a Despair to socket it up properly.

It helped that, after not playing non-seasonal like at all, I had about 600 Death's Breath in my stash at the start of the season. Upgrading rares is a great shortcut to gear, but 25 death's breath per is expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    I've made plenty of builds without oO
    Its not about making D2 necro without CE...without it they suck compared to other classes. Min max.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

I found necro very engaging, almost all skills on my bar are constantly used. But I know after maybe 3-5 weeks I will be done again with Diablo 3. I just cant enjoy anymore rift mechanic as endgame even when necro is fun to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Its not about making D2 necro without CE...without it they suck compared to other classes. Min max.
    D2 doesnt have that fixed idea of comparisons...

with a lvl60 poison nova everything dies as fast as with CE. matter of fact, in straight halls everything across a few screens dies.