Bestial Wrath bug with t20 2P

I believe there's an issue with Bestial Wrath while having 2p t20. The problem seems to be: If you're lucky with Wild Call procs you can get Bestial Wrath to come off cooldown before the buff wears off. If you happen to hit it before the buff actually wears off, it will NOT refresh it though the cooldown will reset.

I believe this occurs due to the current buff being "stronger" due to the 2p bonus and therefore it won't allow a "weaker" buff to overwrite it. That or it's a bad workaround so you can't keep stacking the damage modifier higher and higher.

I've done it a few times now and it seems consistent, though can anyone else confirm?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yep. Happened a couple of times tonight.

I can confirm this. Happened to me during today's raid several times and ruined a couple of very good pulls. So for the time being I would advise against stacking crit gear on a BM hunter past 30% crit. Otherwise you would be forced to sit on your BW cooldown, wasting procs in the process. Especially if you still have the 4p t19 set and are specced into OwtP for more crit based procs. Or you can chose another talent in the tier to reduce number of DB/DF procs. I hope blizz will fix it soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaaz View Post
    I can confirm this. Happened to me during today's raid several times and ruined a couple of very good pulls. So for the time being I would advise against stacking crit gear on a BM hunter past 30% crit. Otherwise you would be forced to sit on your BW cooldown, wasting procs in the process. Especially if you still have the 4p t19 set and are specced into OwtP for more crit based procs. Or you can chose another talent in the tier to reduce number of DB/DF procs. I hope blizz will fix it soon.
    This is terrible advice man. It doesn't matter if you sit on BW for a few seconds. In fact, you'd be doing that anyway even if this bug wasn't present; If you're hitting your second BW with 2 seconds to go on the first one, you're only getting 28 seconds of BW instead of the 30 you'd get if you waited two seconds. Whether dire beast's CDR component is "wasted" or not is entirely irrelevant - you're trading "potential" CDR and extra use by using it early, for *guaranteed* extra time spent under BW. Likewise, this situation can only realistically occur during lust+aspect of the wild, or extremely lucky pulls. That's not consistent enough to start fucking gearing wrong or picking a weaker talent that fucks over the spec for every part of the fight you DON'T have lust.
    Last edited by Dracodraco; 2017-06-29 at 11:54 AM.

So I have never played with Stomp as a talent choice before. I noticed last night that it immediately activates when the Dire Beast spawn, to make sure I was getting all the damage I had to stand close to targets like a melee. Has this bug been here all expansion or is it new?

Quote Originally Posted by Jurassic View Post
    So I have never played with Stomp as a talent choice before. I noticed last night that it immediately activates when the Dire Beast spawn, to make sure I was getting all the damage I had to stand close to targets like a melee. Has this bug been here all expansion or is it new?
    If you're testing on a target dummy Stomp has bugged out on those since the start of the expansion. It actually happens only very occasionally in the world, usually when you're targeting a flying mob or something else that doesn't have a clear, direct path for the beasts when they spawn. I never really notice this happen in raids tho. It was much worse before, tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    This is terrible advice man. It doesn't matter if you sit on BW for a few seconds. In fact, you'd be doing that anyway even if this bug wasn't present; If you're hitting your second BW with 2 seconds to go on the first one, you're only getting 28 seconds of BW instead of the 30 you'd get if you waited two seconds. Whether dire beast's CDR component is "wasted" or not is entirely irrelevant - you're trading "potential" CDR and extra use by using it early, for *guaranteed* extra time spent under BW. Likewise, this situation can only realistically occur during lust+aspect of the wild, or extremely lucky pulls. That's not consistent enough to start fucking gearing wrong or picking a weaker talent that fucks over the spec for every part of the fight you DON'T have lust.
    Exactly this. Only happens during lust. I regularly get 45 seconds of BW with Huntmaster ring playing Stomp build during lust. Sitting on BW for 2 seconds is something you would do anyways so that you don't overlap the buff. If you are using BW with BW still on you then you aren't executing your rotation properly anyways. Even for an 8 minute fight any amount of postponing BW due to still having an active buff would be totally negated by 1 single Wild Call proc reducing the CD.

Obnoxious Patriots Fan Darth Belichick's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I sometimes try to have BW up almost immediately after the last one if it's up. Occasionally I hit it like a half second early, and the duration is not refreshed. Annoying, but as mentioned something we shouldn't be doing anyway. I've just learned to make sure it's completely gone before I hit it again.

make a giant WA for BW - problem solved?

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    My main point is that I do not think that this behavior is modeled in SimCraft API. Unless I am reading something incorrectly (and that is entirely possible, since I am not an expert in simcraft), current API assumes you press BW as soon as it is off cooldown, disregarding the fact if it is still active or not. There is no conditional included in a build I downloaded a couple of days ago. Therefore, there will be changes to stat weights if we modify API to wait for BW buff to run out before using another one. A follow up question is that is it possible that simcraft stacks 2p t20 bonus on overlapping BW? Both of these nuances might buff crit weights far beyond the real value, and it is not like there is a flawless prior history of simcraft being extremely accurate at all times.
    If you have more than 30% crit, chances are your crit weight is extremely close to haste, mastery or both. If we take the above into consideration, I would not be surprised to see the order reversed past that point. Maybe even sooner.

I think this has been fixed by now, but I didn't see a hotfix blue post about it.

In any case, I purposely activated Bestial Wrath while the previous one was still on a few times with tier 20 2-piece bonus to check and what you said never happened to me. The second Bestial Wrath buff basically procced as normal at 50% increase damage for 15 seconds, overriding the 62% increased damage I had from stacking the 2-piece bonus during the previous one.

Quote Originally Posted by Khallid View Post
    I think this has been fixed by now, but I didn't see a hotfix blue post about it.

In any case, I purposely activated Bestial Wrath while the previous one was still on a few times with tier 20 2-piece bonus to check and what you said never happened to me. The second Bestial Wrath buff basically procced as normal at 50% increase damage for 15 seconds, overriding the 62% increased damage I had from stacking the 2-piece bonus during the previous one.
    Same. Completed normal last night and looked out for this and was definitely able to clip BW and refresh the buff with the default 50% with 2PC T20