How do you turn in the Resurrection joe body parts to the british museum? I went there but there were no options or quests.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    So you can't trade and loot requires you to buy keys even for dungeons.

This is literally funcoms last ditch cash grab for the game
    There is global AH, and no trade is because of gold spamers. Everyone can use AH and everyone can buy/sell from AH.

And the keys? F2P player get 10 every day.

Aurum exchange is still off, and the ARG weapons havent been sent out yet..oh well

Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    There is global AH, and no trade is because of gold spamers. Everyone can use AH and everyone can buy/sell from AH.

And the keys? F2P player get 10 every day.
    so if I'm playing with a friend and they want to trade something to me.. we have to use AH? oy. honestly this reboot is making me appreciate SWTOR. and I used to think you cannot get much worse then that. there goes funcom, proving me wrong...

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    honestly this reboot is making me appreciate SWTOR.
    Seriously. SWTOR has a piss monetization system for free players, worse than SWL for sure, but the sub provides infinitely more value, especially in terms of QoL issues.

Really, the biggest perk that I can really point a finger to with my sub is the free Anima Leaps at low levels. Not needing to worry about "wasting" upgrade currency porting around, and being able to port whenever, is hugely beneficial to my game experience. Everything else on that list, at least for me, rates from "couldn't give a shit" (bonus healing potion slots/cost reduction, lair keys etc.) to "I don't even really notice in the slightest" (experience boost, daily cache key etc).

I'm seriously concerned about how the game will perform if they don't make improvements by the time the Steam launch hits. Because this kind of stuff is already driving away many older vets who actively want to like the game, and while new players will likely enjoy a lot of the core game, the fact that they don't have any real attachment to it means the monetization issues will hit them even harder.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puzzony View Post
    Aurum exchange is still off, and the ARG weapons havent been sent out yet..oh well
    REALLY hoping i get the mail soon because scared i put in the the wrong email address

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    REALLY hoping i get the mail soon because scared i put in the the wrong email address
    Having similar issues. I went through and did it twice, each time with a different email address, and haven't gotten anything in either email's inbox yet.
    "Go back...I just want to go back...!"

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Seriously. SWTOR has a piss monetization system for free players, worse than SWL for sure, but the sub provides infinitely more value, especially in terms of QoL issues.

Really, the biggest perk that I can really point a finger to with my sub is the free Anima Leaps at low levels. Not needing to worry about "wasting" upgrade currency porting around, and being able to port whenever, is hugely beneficial to my game experience. Everything else on that list, at least for me, rates from "couldn't give a shit" (bonus healing potion slots/cost reduction, lair keys etc.) to "I don't even really notice in the slightest" (experience boost, daily cache key etc).

I'm seriously concerned about how the game will perform if they don't make improvements by the time the Steam launch hits. Because this kind of stuff is already driving away many older vets who actively want to like the game, and while new players will likely enjoy a lot of the core game, the fact that they don't have any real attachment to it means the monetization issues will hit them even harder.
    hey, at least they removed the restriction on boxed quest rewards for at least preferred players in SWTOR and you can create guilds and trade with other players. to be honest, some of what I'm seeing in patron mode of legends makes swtor f2p look good O_O I really REALLY want to finish TSW story and easier combat would help with that, but just.. everything else is making me so annoyed, that at this point I'm thinking of just powering through original game. or giving up on story all together. oh and the perks of having original game and all DLC's purchased? are pisspoor as well IMO

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RadasNoir View Post
    Having similar issues. I went through and did it twice, each time with a different email address, and haven't gotten anything in either email's inbox yet.
    Should have gone a second time myself. They really need to release it maybe if a glitch to everyone who was on a mailing list for it period completed or not

they really need to reduce the repeatable quest timer for f2p players... what was it like 3 days or something? what's up with that? should be no more than 24 hours so they atleast have 1 reason to come back every day.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Small issue that I hoped I'd get used to but.. the UI changes are just utter trash. New action bar, skill windows & character window look like they're taken from a freemium tablet game, which may be fitting.

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Icon View Post
    they really need to reduce the repeatable quest timer for f2p players... what was it like 3 days or something? what's up with that? should be no more than 24 hours so they atleast have 1 reason to come back every day.
    IIRC they were 72 hours for main missions in TSW and they were never changed so don't see it being likely.
    Her hall is called Eljudnir,
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,
    and Slothful is her woman servant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Another 2 hour down time right in the middle of EU prime time, starting to get old i have to say.

They really shoulda had a another skill slot or 2. I only have 1 skill on my bar for my secondary weapon.

Also after looking thru the dressing room it looks like I'm going to have to get all pistol skills for the crusader set, need them pants tho.

Speaking of the dressing room, not sure if this happens in the regular game cause I played a guy, but sometimes when you are checking out clothing, your female char can go completely topless for a second.

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Icon View Post
    They want to push you to sub...except the sub doesn't actually address most of the added annoyances, so...yeah : /

The monetization on the game really doesn't make much sense, it seems so directionless.

Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    They really shoulda had a another skill slot or 2. I only have 1 skill on my bar for my secondary weapon.
    That's by design, just as the limited hotbars are in DCUO, WildStar, ESO etc. Thankfully, you can mix and match more or less however you want since open world content is piss-easy.

Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    Speaking of the dressing room, not sure if this happens in the regular game cause I played a guy, but sometimes when you are checking out clothing, your female char can go completely topless for a second.
    Been seeing screens of that floating about. Guess they did away with the pasties that once covered the nipples in TSW, at least I think they have those in TSW...unless I'm making up more memories >.>

Would playing this game without a sub be worth it?

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Yes, at least for the story
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Right now...no. IMO there's nowhere near enough actual value delivered for it. Some kinda alright perks here and there, but it does very little to alleviate many of the annoyances that have been added to the game to get you to spend money : /

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Yes, at least for the story
    I'd only ever play it for the story, I find the game play extremely sub par in comparison to other MMO's out there, but good enough to be functional to push through the story. I'd never be able to play this long term.

It sounds like my biggest issue with TSW, the build that you were using just fine suddenly becoming non-viable in a new zone making you unable to progress in the zone, was addressed.

I may just check it out, won't really be able to make a judgement call either way until I do that.

Still, it's very disheartening to hear how terribly FunCom has done with this reimagining of the game and it's monetization structure/ plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    That's by design, just as the limited hotbars are in DCUO, WildStar, ESO etc. Thankfully, you can mix and match more or less however you want since open world content is piss-easy.
    Yeah I know I"m just used to having the 7 skills in the original instead of the 6 here.

Quote Originally Posted by Nirawen View Post
    IIRC they were 72 hours for main missions in TSW and they were never changed so don't see it being likely.
    That was only for the high-level zones (Romania). Kingsmouth missions had like a 12 hr cd iirc.