Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Don't... just don't. Change comes slowly, just start with walking 30 minutes a day, eating less. Something that doesn't require much willpower. Then keep doing it till it becomes a habit and add more small changes. Even if you feel motivated now, I've seen it happen tons of times, you will have that bad day where you'll just be screw it and then it sort of becomes pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by CptEgo View Post
    Pullups/pushups will do nothing for you. Do some cardio.
    You can do both. Of course eating better helps the most. It is a lot easier to not eat all the extra sugar, fat and other calories instead of running them off.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Lol, I feel you OP. I was told by my doctor that doing exercise and having a good diet makes people happy. But I don't see how forcing me to do hard labor and then taking away all my treats/no food is a cure for depression. Messaging this from the gym while planking, I feel like Oliver Twist FML. Grumble, grumble, grumble, I miss doughnuts. I miss red meat. I miss bread. I miss beer.

I don't know why you're all giving him advice, he's training to shoot up a whore house.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Good luck but maybe try something like resistance-bands first before trying to do too much, too fast.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    Cardio is horrible for weight loss.
    Alright Doctor Fitness, lol

This. This is true. Lifting and strength training doesn't cause any weight loss (unless it also brings your heart rate up) because that's not how it even works. Them dude-bros just can't lower themselves to jogging or biking though.

If you want to get in shape, here's what you need to do:
    100 Push-ups
    100 Sit-ups
    100 Squats
    10KM running

Every single day.

Alright Doctor Fitness, lol

actually it is. all it really does is bring up your heart-rate lol. You sit and do your "cardio" and make just as weight loss as you naturally put on that same amount and/or more weight. Unless, you are strictly talking walking and running. None of that Superior Burpies crap. ETCETCETC.
    AMD Build: | CPU: FX-9590 OEM 8-Core(4.7 GHz) Black Edition | GPU: STRIX R9 380 2GB(x1) | Ram: 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
    Main: Samsung 850 500GB | BU: WDC Caviar Blue 2TB(x2) | Power: Corsair CX500 | Mobo: Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 [Old faithful!]

Now my living room center piece and open case HTPC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ShaniAndras252 View Post
    Yeah no, not if you are doing it right.
    Yes, even if you are doing it right.

Jogging+ is far from horrible
    Yeah let's do something for execrise that is horrible for our joints /logic. If you want to do cardio without ruining your joints, ride a bike or swim, but do it to train your endurance, if your goal is weight loss you're doing the wrong thing.

considering you need to be at a heart racing pace for at least 20 minutes before your body starts to "work."
    And that's why it's bad, it's inefficient... Weight training doesn't require that, and you only burn calories on carido while you've got that heart rate up, more muscle always burns more calories.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2017-06-29 at 05:15 PM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Find something that you like, then you don’t have to force yourself to do it. I like cycling. My wife bought me a new bicycle for Christmas. I have been averaging 100 miles a week, and sometimes up to 150 miles. Now the seat is all worn, and it will probably need new tires by August. At no time do I ever felt force to use my bicycle.

Horse. Shit. Yes do cardio, but don't come in here and tell someone that they don't need to do resistance training to get in shape.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallmaker Yahzarah View Post
    actually it is. all it really does is bring up your heart-rate lol. You sit and do your "cardio" and make just as weight loss as you naturally put on that same amount and/or more weight. Unless, you are strictly talking walking and running. None of that Superior Burpies crap. ETCETCETC.
    Walking, Running, Swimming, Cross-train, Rowing machine, that kind of stuff. I love my rowing machine, hot damn.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    Horse. Shit. Yes do cardio, but don't come in here and tell someone that they don't need to do resistance training to get in shape.
    Because pushups will do wonders for someone trying to lose 30-40 kg? Why in the hell would you think that? You could be doing pushups for the rest of your life and you wouldn't lose a single gram.

Walking, Running, Swimming, Cross-train, Rowing machine, that kind of stuff. I love my rowing machine, hot damn.
    Erg's are a fucking joke. Sure they're good for baby's first workout. But this dude doesn't sound like he wants to piddle paddy pussyfoot around. Go to tell CT Fletcher that pushups and pullups wont do anything

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post

Cardio is horrible for weight loss.
    OH REALLY.... I lost 300 lbs with cardio.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    Erg's are a fucking joke. Sure they're good for baby's first workout. But this dude doesn't sound like he wants to piddle paddy pussyfoot around. Go to tell CT Fletcher that pushups and pullups wont do anything
    Don't really know where you come from, but rowing is probably the best whole-body workout you can do. Except for swimming.

Quote Originally Posted by PhantasmagoriaX View Post
    OH REALLY.... I lost 300 lbs with cardio.
    It's just sort of inefficient. You'll find much better results with HIIT, but cardio is essential to a well-rounded regiment especially for weight loss. But resistance training and HIIT will always produce better results

That's... not correct? Anything's better than just sitting around. Heck, sitting up and down 20 times is better than just sitting around. Fuck, I'd go as far as saying batting your eyelids rapidly for a minute is better than just sitting around. :P
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Don't really know where you come from, but rowing is probably the best whole-body workout you can do. Except for swimming.
    I guess more depends on your goals, but anyone concerned with putting on muscle mass would rather squat the erg than use it

- - - Updated - - -

Because pushups will do wonders for someone trying to lose 30-40 kg? Why in the hell would you think that? You could be doing pushups for the rest of your life and you wouldn't lose a single gram.
    If its a resistant row-machine; yeah.
    AMD Build: | CPU: FX-9590 OEM 8-Core(4.7 GHz) Black Edition | GPU: STRIX R9 380 2GB(x1) | Ram: 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
    Main: Samsung 850 500GB | BU: WDC Caviar Blue 2TB(x2) | Power: Corsair CX500 | Mobo: Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 [Old faithful!]

Now my living room center piece and open case HTPC.