Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    High Overlord Dahlia Dawnseeker's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account

Heroic Tomb of Sargeras Differences?

Hello all!

So I cleared the raid on normal twice now since its release and I would like to go into heroic. Thing is, I am not in a guild so I will probably have to go with a premade or make one, so I would like to start working my way into heroic.

For someone who knows all the normal fights quite well and is transitioning to heroic, what would you tell in term of differences, boss by boss, as new mechanics to pay attention to?

Thanks.

Deleted
    eh of the top of my head:

-goroth: quarters of the room will periodically get filled with fire.
    -inquisition: no clue
    -harjatan: no clue
    -misstress: there are 3 green lazers instead of one.
    -moon priestes: there are 2 ultimate abilities at once during full moon, not just one. (beam+shield, shield+glaive, beam+glaive)
    -host: mobs in corporial realm get a big damage reduction shield, players in the spirit realm can remove it with shattering scream. spirit realm players need to run scream to a marker.
    -maiden: hammers leave puddles on the ground, hammer causes swirlies that you have to avoid on the other side.
    -avatar: knives leave purple puddles for anyone who gets hit.
    -KJ: there is a extra tank add that needs to die fast, other then that just more overlaps.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post

-moon priestes: there are 2 ultimate abilities at once during full moon, not just one. (beam+shield, shield+glaive, beam+glaive)
    -host: mobs in corporial realm get a big damage reduction shield, players in the spirit realm can remove it with shattering scream. spirit realm players need to run scream to a marker.
    -maiden: hammers leave puddles on the ground, hammer causes swirlies that you have to avoid on the other side.
    -KJ: there is a extra tank add that needs to die fast, other then that just more overlaps.
    Thanks, now this is the kind of thing I want to know.

If anyone else got any more input it would be appreciated.

Why don't you read the guides, e.g. the Wowhead ones, which have a clear description of heroic differences on every boss?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dahlia Dawnseeker View Post
    Hello all!

So I cleared the raid on normal twice now since its release and I would like to go into heroic. Thing is, I am not in a guild so I will probably have to go with a premade or make one, so I would like to start working my way into heroic.

For someone who knows all the normal fights quite well and is transitioning to heroic, what would you tell in term of differences, boss by boss, as new mechanics to pay attention to?

Thanks.
    As a guildless PuG leader for many years now:

The transistion is incredible rough from normal to HC. It's not because its hard, it just because people you want to do this with, will find it very challenging.

ToS HC is in general a PuG killer(mostly because it takes a whole lot better Tanks/Healers. The communication part is also required more than ever before).

Im having hard time believing that you can get throu HC without voice(atleast for the moment).

I will suggest that you find yourself a guild instead.
    Last edited by mmocd6fe3ee806; 2017-06-29 at 11:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePants999 View Post
    Why don't you read the guides, e.g. the Wowhead ones, which have a clear description of heroic differences on every boss?
    So the typical " Use Google " response? Sure it works, but what's the point of a forum if we can use Google and never ask others about their view/opinion on something?

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post

In addition to that:

Inquisition - void zones which adds torment. Spikes which do a lot of damage.

Mistress - there is no room between tornados, you need to kill the adds to avoid it.

Avatar - there are void zones that need to be soaked by multiple people. Phase two has Tornados which do a ton of damage.

KJ - Shadow Reflections appear in P1 already, with second phase adding another type. First intermission has Singularity. P3 has a meteor which fixates on a nearby player and needs to be kited for a while or it leaves a huge void zone.

Deleted
    The difficulty ramp-up from normal to heroic is actually quite noticeable. Things that can easily be ignored on Normal are really hurting on Heroic (to the point of killing you). It's really less about the additional mechanics (which exist but are somewhat in the same line as the existing ones (if you played them properly in normal).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldrefreader View Post
    So the typical " Use Google " response? Sure it works, but what's the point of a forum if we can use Google and never ask others about their view/opinion on something?
    Thank you!

In some guilds I have been many a player has just responded with "google it" to my questions.
    the joy of interacting with each other often seems completely dispensed with in the game and on the internet. It's like real people are AI, lol. Everyone just going, going, rushing, rushing and giving mechanical quasi-answers to people who might just be looking to exchange opinions and, you know, partake in first-hand interaction with other people because it is more spontaneous and thus more fun.

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    In addition to that:

Inquisition - void zones which adds torment. Spikes which do a lot of damage.

Mistress - there is no room between tornados, you need to kill the adds to avoid it.

Avatar - there are void zones that need to be soaked by multiple people. Phase two has Tornados which do a ton of damage.

KJ - Shadow Reflections appear in P1 already, with second phase adding another type. First intermission has Singularity. P3 has a meteor which fixates on a nearby player and needs to be kited for a while or it leaves a huge void zone.
    I believe gaps between tornadoes was not intended for normal and only lfr. Harjatan seems the same just with higher numbers and Inquistion actually pretty easy, we had a lot of ppl screwing up and still killed it

There are Fatboss guides on wowhead for all bosses.

Example: http://www.wowhead.com/demonic-inqui...strategy-guide

Just CTRL+F -> type in "Heroic Difficulty" to see Heroic changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Strifeload View Post

The transistion is incredible rough from normal to HC. It's not because its hard, it just because people you want to do this with, will find it very challenging.

ToS HC is in general a PuG killer(mostly because it takes a whole lot better Tanks/Healers. The communication part is also required more than ever before).

Im having hard time believing that you can get throu HC without voice(atleast for the moment).

Or, at the very least, PUG with a decent guild from another server and add them to battle.net for next time.

Heroic ToS luckily doesn't get rough until Mistress/Sister. That's when you're going to need coordination. Heroic ToS has a lot of make or break mechanics.

Is that a serious question? If so, you already answered it. The point of a forum is to exchange views and opinions. The problem is, the OP isn't offering or seeking views and opinions. He's using a discussion forum to try to get us to give him factual information - factual information that has already been collected and written down elsewhere. It's lazy and it's greedy - he's asking us to use our time reconstructing that information just so he doesn't have to go find it himself, despite the fact that finding it is trivial.

That's why you don't see me coming in and putting the "use Google" response on every thread - because most people DO use Google for factual information, and most threads on here ARE for discussion and opinions. I will continue to say "use Google" where that's the right damn thing to say!

7+ Year Old Account
    I saw guides for normal before I clear it. It's the differences I want to know, and this is a suitable platform to ask on. So far, the answers I received got me a good understanding and I got 4 bosses down in a PuG because I had an idea what to expect.

Thanks folks for all the answers!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Strifeload View Post

Unfortnately the days where I raid on schedules are no more.
    Last edited by Dahlia Dawnseeker; 2017-06-29 at 04:29 PM.

When the answer to the question is clearly written out elsewhere letting someone know that does answer there question. There is a difference between "google it" and "look here they have the answer"
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    When the answer to the question is clearly written out elsewhere letting someone know that does answer there question. There is a difference between "google it" and "look here they have the answer"
    Coincidentally I got all the answer I need here.

I believe I made the right choice in making this topic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wenoxar View Post
    There are Fatboss guides on wowhead for all bosses.

Example: http://www.wowhead.com/demonic-inqui...strategy-guide

Just CTRL+F -> type in "Heroic Difficulty" to see Heroic changes.
    Thanks. This is also useful.

Coincidentally I got all the answer I need here.

It isn't either or though. The list you have gotten from people is incomplete on some fights too. Either way somebody helping you and getting called out for it is bull shit.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Is that a serious question? If so, you already answered it. The point of a forum is to exchange views and opinions. The problem is, the OP isn't offering or seeking views and opinions. He's using a discussion forum to try to get us to give him factual information - factual information that has already been collected and written down elsewhere. It's lazy and it's greedy - he's asking us to use our time reconstructing that information just so he doesn't have to go find it himself, despite the fact that finding it is trivial.

That's why you don't see me coming in and putting the "use Google" response on every thread - because most people DO use Google for factual information, and most threads on here ARE for discussion and opinions. I will continue to say "use Google" where that's the right damn thing to say!
    Well, you wasted your time explaining this, which apparently you don't have a lot of. kudos to you. If you don't have anything constructive to say, why not move along to somewhere else? No one asked you to respond and waste your precious time. Skipping the thread and not responding would have achieved the exact same thing as you coming in here and telling him to use google, except the first option wouldn't have made you look like such a prick. However, I already know the answer. You were just looking for a spot to put somebody down so that you could feel big, bad and smart for knowing how to use a search engine.

No, you did not. Yes, you got the answers you were looking for here, but you would have got better answers on Wowhead, in less time, and without using up other people's time. Just because you got the outcome you wanted doesn't mean it was the "right choice", don't be selfish.

Quote Originally Posted by epocc View Post
    Well, you wasted your time explaining this, which apparently you don't have a lot of. kudos to you. If you don't have anything constructive to say, why not move along to somewhere else? No one asked you to respond and waste your precious time. Skipping the thread and not responding would have achieved the exact same thing as you coming in here and telling him to use google, except the first option wouldn't have made you look like such a prick.
    I consider it an investment. The more people understand that factual information is out there waiting for you and searching for it, not asking for it, is the best way of getting it, the better things will be for everyone. Was it wasted? Given the traffic here, I doubt it, but we'll never know. Pretty sure you look worse than I do, thanks.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    It isn't either or though. The list you have gotten from people is incomplete on some fights too. Either way somebody helping you and getting called out for it is bull shit.
    Oh I wasn't calling anyone out; I was specific in my request and I have gotten what I wanted. If I wanted to see a video, I would have went and seen a video.

For all you know, I might be asking here, reading a guide, AND watching a video at the same time. Case in point; I didn't call out the person who linked the heroic differences guide here. I actually thanked them.

No, you did not. Yes, you got the answers you were looking for here, but you would have got better answers on Wowhead, in less time, and without using up other people's time. Just because you got the outcome you wanted doesn't mean it was the "right choice", don't be selfish.
    Oh I am sorry. I believe I wasn't clear when I said that I believe I made the right choice.

What I meant to say is, I am CONFIDENT that I made the right choice -for me-, since so far 5 bosses in, it seems to be working, not to mention it always worked for -me-. Whether it works or not for you, that's up to you; you go watch all the videos you want. I don't care for clearing the raid today, I don't care for watching a video either. Again, for all you know, I might be actually reading the guides in addition to making the topic, but I won't give a yes or no answer to that.

And I don't care if that makes me a -bad- or -doing it wrong-, especially not in your eyes. As long as I clear it, on m own leisure, I am happy. Mythic and above is not for me, but if I was still doing those, and I was still committed in a guild, I would have absolutely ASKED here too, THEN watched videos. It's just the way, again, that works for -me-. Isn't about selfishness, more about preferences.

Yet also, someone linked a guide, and I thanked them for it. Your approval of my methods, skills, doing it right or wrong, or the lack of it, with all due respect, doesn't concern me. I asked a question, people were nice enough to answer it, and I appreciate it.