Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PhantasmagoriaX View Post
    OH REALLY.... I lost 300 lbs with cardio.
    Recently I discovered I was almost reaching 100kg (200lbs for the old fashioned). So I decided three digits won't do and decided to slim down. I'm back to a great 90 again without changing anything. I'm just telling you this so you're angry at me for actually not dieting and controlling my weight by the sheer power of my will. Oh, and not having seconds every single time. *runs away*
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by CptEgo View Post

Because pushups will do wonders for someone trying to lose 30-40 kg? Why in the hell would you think that? You could be doing pushups for the rest of your life and you wouldn't lose a single gram.
    Oh sorry I didn't know you were mentally handicapped. I'll be nicer now

10+ Year Old Account
    I love my rowing machine, hot damn.
    Rowing is both resistance training and cardio.

Because pushups will do wonders for someone trying to lose 30-40 kg? Why in the hell would you think that? You could be doing pushups for the rest of your life and you wouldn't lose a single gram.
    That is a complete and blatant lie...

I lost 80lbs in 4 months just doing body-weight exercises, including pushups and pullups, with no change to my diet. Pushups work many muscle groups, they are far from worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by PhantasmagoriaX View Post
    OH REALLY.... I lost 300 lbs with cardio.
    I never said it couldn't be done, it's just not efficient... And how much of that was your diet, I wonder?
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    Oh sorry I didn't know you were mentally handicapped. I'll be nicer now
    Yea well, suddenly Americas obesity problem makes so much sense to me. You're all doing pushups and pullups instead of actually moving your fat asses.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    Rowing is both resistance training and cardio.
    Fucking love it.

I found that putting up a Pull up bar near my desk has me using that thing for about 30-40 min a day. I get bored do some pull ups or crunches, walk past it, bust out 5 fast half ups and keep moving. Best thing I've done for my body recently.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea well, suddenly Americas obesity problem makes so much sense to me. You're all doing pushups and pullups instead of actually moving your fat asses.

- - - Updated - - -

Fucking love it.
    how convenient of you to say that, and then ignore this part of my post:

I lost 80lbs in 4 months just doing body-weight exercises, including pushups and pullups, with no change to my diet. Pushups work many muscle groups, they are far from worthless
    You're either a fucking troll or just damn stupid. Pushups and pullups require physical exertion and muscle strain, physical exertion and muscle strain burn calories and build muscle, and having more muscle burns more calories, especially when you start using that larger muscle mass to lift more weight (like doing pullups or pushups with added weight).

Do some research, resistance training is great for weight loss.

Ahm... "fucking love it".

infracted - minor flaming
    Last edited by Crissi; 2017-06-29 at 06:05 PM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

It's just sort of inefficient. You'll find much better results with HIIT, but cardio is essential to a well-rounded regiment especially for weight loss. But resistance training and HIIT will always produce better results
    Well, On top of wanting to lose weight it improved my anxiety issues so it was beneficial.

- - - Updated - - -

Fucking love it.
    Guaranteed in better shape than you. 5'11'' 180lbs, ~8-9% body fat as of last measurement

And I can only guarantee because you think that doing pushups would do nothing. There are multiple variations of pushups that can work your entire upper body (including your back!) as well as engaging your core

I never said it couldn't be done, it's just not efficient... And how much of that was your diet, I wonder?
    It was 50/50, not a diet either.. total lifestyle change.

how convenient of you to say that, and then ignore this part of my post:

You're either a fucking troll or just damn stupid. Pushups and pullups require physical exertion and muscle strain, physical exertion and muscle strain burn calories and build muscle.

Do some research, resistance training is great for weight loss.

Ahm... "fucking love it".
    You're the man man. Just glad to see a beacon of light amongst the idiots hear that spew even stupider shit than broscience

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Recently I discovered I was almost reaching 100kg (200lbs for the old fashioned). So I decided three digits won't do and decided to slim down. I'm back to a great 90 again without changing anything. I'm just telling you this so you're angry at me for actually not dieting and controlling my weight by the sheer power of my will. Oh, and not having seconds every single time. *runs away*

Dude, If thats what you did then awesome lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Guaranteed in better shape than you. 5'11'' 180lbs, ~8-9% body fat as of last measurement

And I can only guarantee because you think that doing pushups would do nothing. There are multiple variations of pushups that can work your entire upper body (including your back!) as well as engaging your core
    'Work your entire upper body', that's great dude. I'm talking about strengthening the hearth, increasing blood flow, increasing oxygen intake and becoming a healthy human being. And that is sure as fuck not achieved by doing pushups.

'Work your entire upper body', that's great dude. I'm talking about strengthening the hearth, increasing blood flow, increasing oxygen intake and becoming a healthy human being. And that is sure as fuck not achieved by doing pushups.
    Then you don't understand the slightest fucking thing about health and fitness.

I hear there are multiple variations of planking that engage your core as well!

In other news, there are variations of swimming that involve water!

10+ Year Old Account
    'Work your entire upper body', that's great dude. I'm talking about strengthening the hearth, increasing blood flow, increasing oxygen intake and becoming a healthy human being.
    We're talking about weight loss here...

And that is sure as fuck not achieved by doing pushups.
    Spoken like someone who has either never done a lot of pushups, or is doing them wrong. Are you one of those people that does 1/4 range of motion pushups really fast and thinks that's a pushup?

Quote Originally Posted by Direpenguin View Post
    I hear there are multiple variations of planking that engage your core as well!

In other news, there are variations of swimming that involve water!
    Im being a condescending cunt because this dude is spewing bile like a fucking mongoloid. And he called muricans fat

infracted - minor flaming
    Last edited by Crissi; 2017-06-29 at 06:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    We're talking about weight loss here...

Spoken like someone who has either never done a lot of pushups, or is doing them wrong. Are you one of those people that does 1/4 range of motion pushups really fast and thinks that's a pushup?
    Nope, I'm strong as shit. I can do any kind of pushups i want to, I just don't consider it a workout. I consider it body building.

Nope, I'm strong as shit. I can do any kind of pushups i want to, I just don't consider it a workout. I consider it body building.
    Whats strong as shit? How much you pull? Id be blown away if its anything over 315 because you sound uneducated

10+ Year Old Account
    Body building is a workout, holy hell you're off your rocker buddy.

LOL PULLUPS

dude you cant even do 6 let alone 50