10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Belichick View Post
    Texas Teas are amazing.
    It's usually used as a different name for oil...

Obnoxious Patriots Fan Darth Belichick's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Not at the bar near me, haha.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.espn.com/blog/seattle-sea...-to-cut-weight

An article for the slow times. Pretty interesting though. I think he was at 225 pounds last season... cutting down to 215 this season. Though Carroll was the one that wanted him to bulk up last season. Interesting reversal, but not surprising because bulking up did nothing to his health, if not made it worse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    http://www.espn.com/blog/seattle-sea...-to-cut-weight

An article for the slow times. Pretty interesting though. I think he was at 225 pounds last season... cutting down to 215 this season. Though Carroll was the one that wanted him to bulk up last season. Interesting reversal, but not surprising because bulking up did nothing to his health, if not made it worse.

Cool stuff. Seems Brady isn't the only one who's become fanatical and ridiculously specific about his food.

This though "I'm from the South, Virginia. " Virginia is the south now? That's some weird geography you got there Russel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    This though "I'm from the South, Virginia. " Virginia is the south now? That's some weird geography you got there Russel.
    Yes, its the South.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Cool stuff. Seems Brady isn't the only one who's become fanatical and ridiculously specific about his food.

Any former confederate state is regarded as the South

10+ Year Old Account
    NFL cranks out some good highlight videos sometimes. This one recently is good, running back TD runs https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rh8wgqXtnII

10+ Year Old Account
    Oakland aren't done showering money on their 2014 draft picks.

3rd round OL Gabe Jackson just tied down a 5 year 56 million contract. Reggie frontloading him and Carr in team friendly retain deals so that there's money in the next two years for Mack and Cooper.

Still not use to Oakland doing money stuff right.

And yes, between this, and Osemele/Hudson/Penn and Howard all on big money, this is by far the most expensive offensive line in the NFL.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Oakland aren't done showering money on their 2014 draft picks.

3rd round OL Gabe Jackson just tied down a 5 year 56 million contract. Reggie frontloading him and Carr in team friendly retain deals so that there's money in the next two years for Mack and Cooper.

Still not use to Oakland doing money stuff right.

And yes, between this, and Osemele/Hudson/Penn and Howard all on big money, this is by far the most expensive offensive line in the NFL.
    Doesn't sound like we'll be keeping Britt at this rate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    NFL cranks out some good highlight videos sometimes. This one recently is good, running back TD runs https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rh8wgqXtnII
    That was nice. Definitely need football soon. Still a month to go though

10+ Year Old Account
    All or nothing featuring the Rams is up on amazon prime, now.

10+ Year Old Account
    All or nothing featuring the Rams is up on amazon prime, now.
    I'll have to watch it when I feel like torturing myself, or reminding myself things could be worse for the Saints.

10+ Year Old Account
    NFL makes a top ten tight ends video, Jason Witten isn't even on it. I am triggered.

The whole point of those ranking videos is to get clicks, which involves most of them being terrible to get people talking. Better to just ignore all of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    The whole point of those ranking videos is to get clicks, which involves most of them being terrible to get people talking. Better to just ignore all of them.
    Works too, cause my first reaction was "who did they rank ahead of him?" which of course would involve me watching the video to find out.

The better option is, if Jason Witten is not in your list of top 10 TE's then I probably don't need to see your list.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tiki is a fuckin asshole, seems a good enough reason for me to leave him out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    So if Terrell Davis is in the HOF, how does Tiki not have a shot?
    How many championships did Davis have a big part in winning? And how many did Tiki? There's your answer.

Davis was also an MVP in one of his seasons, crowned not just the best RB in the league but the best player overall. Tiki went to 3 pro bowls in a 10 year career and in his most prolific season he was the second best RB in the league behind Shaun Alexander (who won MVP, Barber finished 4th).

I think the argument here is an ancient one: It's the Hall of Fame, not the Hall of Very Good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Time to buckle up for all them hot taeks about how NFL players are underpaid compared to other leagues.

10+ Year Old Account
    Time to buckle up for all them hot taeks about how NFL players are underpaid compared to other leagues.
    I just look at it as a risk/reward type thing. MLB and NBA players don't typically have to worry about head injuries causing suicides in their 40's and 50's.

I'm still surprised TD got in to the HoF, and I doubt it would have happened if Gale Sayers was not in. Davis was dominate in his basically 3 seasons, Tiki never was. Biggest reason is probably what he did in the playoffs in 97 and 98 though. I am kind of hoping they look at more guys that were at the top of their position before injuries stopped them (like Sterling Sharpe). Never can tell with the HoF voters, especially when there are all-decade team safeties not in yet and WRs and o-line get in every year.