Thread: 7.3 spoilers!

Hmm, I felt like they'd do a whole Titan-themed expansion but I guess they're shoveling it all into the Argus patch. Hopefully that means we're even more likely to get an Azshara / N'zoth expansion next!! Legion has not been good with their patch content so I'm going to stay unsubbed for now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiro Tagachi View Post
    Players are fleas to her and the tentacle monsters. Sargeras will be defeated by deus ex machina lazer shot by the combined artifacts.
    Old Gods actually aren't even that powerful. Their true power comes from their ability to corrupt or control strong entities like Death Wing. DW could easily kill any Old God that ever existed in Azeroth 1v1.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

I'm hoping that next xpac is a wind-down xpac where the story is brought back to more familiar territory. Why does hardly anything ever happen in old zones, story-wise? What's the current state of Westfall and Duskwood? Or the Ghostlands? Or Arathi Highlands? I think Blizz should bring the story back home with phased 110-120 level questing with new developments in the old zones. But low-level players can still quest in Cata-Azeroth. I'd like to see the Argent Crusade (or Silver Hand, whatever) actually get out of their basement once in a while. Try to take over Stratholme and Tyr's Hand and make them big strongholds. I don't feel like I'm leading a huge powerful army of paladins when I'm stuck in a basement all the time. Give me a city! Or not even me leading, it could be Turalyon returned from Argus, wanting to retake Lordaeron from the Scourge, and Alleria is there too because it's close to Quel'thalas. It could be like Tyr's Hand is the big base, and the big goal of the campaign is to retake the plaguelands and Stratholme from the Scourge, for real and for good this time though. And it could end by going up into the Ghostlands to destroy Deatholme, only to find that Dar'Khan is still alive (he came back from Tyrigosa's fire, Anveena's Sunwell power, etc., so it's not over the top for him to come back from a rinky dink adventurer with a sword) and serving Kel'thuzad, who reveals himself, and unleashes a big trap of Scourge that overwhelms the Silver Hand and creates some conflict with big consequences for failure, something we don't see often. And Kel'thuzad could then re-retake Stratholme and connect it to Deatholme with like Nerubian tunnels or something, and that would be the new big adversary to take care of for the Paladins (or the priests and other classes that worked with the Crusade just come back and work under the Silver Hand again) for the rest of the xpac. More developments back home. Stormwind should fix up Westfall's farmland and give those homeless people some jobs. The Forsaken should remodel Stromgarde (but not too much, keep the aesthetic of human buildings, just make it look a little more Forsaken-ie and sinister. Think Shadowfang Keep or Karazhan.

And the inter-faction conflict should be between the Forsaken in Arathi and the dwarves in Khaz Modan just across the Thandol Span. Make the conflict make sense. Conflict between neighbors of differing ideologies is bound to happen. Stop forcing it between the Forsaken and Stormwind by doing dumb stuff like sending Westfall guys up to Andorhal to fix and settle that land, when you've got much easier to fix farmland in your backyard, just with a few non-supernatural bandits to deal with.

The Forsaken could be trying to solidify their hold on the Lordaeron continent while there's no huge big bad enemy to fight, and they end up attacking Aerie Peak, while Lor'themar saves the high elves at Quel'lithien by begging Sylvanas to keep her Forsaken from attacking them, possibly getting those high elves to come back to Quel'thalas where it's safe. Or Alleria could be the one to convince her to spare them, and she leads those elves from the Lodge or to Quel'thalas to try and get Lor'themar to talk to his crazy Horde friends if Sylvanas wouldn't listen to her, since she's friends with Kurdran and other Wildhammers in the Sons of Lothar. The Wildhammers could flee to Ironforge to tell them what happened, and Ironforge sends a renewed effort to restore the Wildhammers' homeland in Twilight Highlands (or whatever it'd be called without the Twilight's Hammer there), and retake Grim Batol, and have that be the Alliance's big pvp stronghold, while Stromgarde is the Horde's big pvp stronghold. And Danath can be leading the survivors from Arathi and the Sons of Lothar originally from Stromgarde to retake it, and have that be the big human faction of the xpac, while Stormwind licks its wounds from the Legion war.
    Last edited by Koryn123; 2017-06-29 at 06:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
    Hmm, I felt like they'd do a whole Titan-themed expansion but I guess they're shoveling it all into the Argus patch. Hopefully that means we're even more likely to get an Azshara / N'zoth expansion next!! Legion has not been good with their patch content so I'm going to stay unsubbed for now.
    I think this is the opener to the real Titan stuff actually.. Not as much trying to cover it all right now. For us forum users, we're ahead of the game on our Titan knowledge. The casual player isn't.

N'zoth's spotlight will be almost just as equally Titan related, no doubt in my mind.

The Titan Models we see might actually appear in Ulduar/Uldum/Uldaman primarily throughout the next expansion.
    Especially with the Uldaman raid I've been predicting that feels more confirmed considering they just updated Troggs. (Think Ulduar but Sandy/Ocean instead of Ice.)

And if not, they could be appearing in the Hall of Communion when we go there with Magni, Odyn and Ra. Or maybe they'll speak to us during the Eonar protection encounter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    Old Gods actually aren't even that powerful. Their true power comes from their ability to corrupt or control strong entities like Death Wing. DW could easily kill any Old God that ever existed in Azeroth 1v1.
    Let me debunk this with 1 sentence. Old gods don't die. Period.
    Classes/Specs: Retribution Paladin, Outlaw Rogue, Frost Mage, Destruction Warlock.

Vanilla veteran of both factions since '04. Former high end player, now casually playing simply to keep up with the lore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracerz07 View Post
    They can die, but their essence and or influence doesn't end at their deaths.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Expect Yogg,Sharraj, and Cthun.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    Lol people thinking they're gonna kill Alleria literally after being introduced, please don't delude yourselves. Literally means jack.
    Theres been momments where they introduce characters and they kill them right off, Saurfang Junior for example. Or as soon Vol'jin become Warchief and then died one Expansion later. But I believe Alleria got more reasons/lore/fanbase/love/Elf so she will most likely not die right off the bat. It might be something similar to the Shade of Akama or something, kill it then free her, or something similar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I was interested in how the Void was interacting with things based on the models for 7.3. From Alleria to the Broken to the Void Ethereals appearing it seems like the Void is directly corrupting things now - converting their forms to Void-stuff as opposed to the kind of teratological mutations we've seen thus far. The Broken themselves seem like a partial mutations, with their Void portions almost appearing to consume their flesh - but Alleria is more or less a full conversion, unless that state is more temporary (created by some kind of short-lived event).
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Blue posts, Metzen, Afrasiabi, Chronicles all have mentioned old gods being killed. Metzen, Afrasiabi going as far as saying the deaths of C'thun and Yogg being the primary cause of the cataclysm. Oh and shadow priest weapon too.

Only ones saying they don't die are the absolute nutters that are their cultists.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Blue posts, Metzen, Afrasiabi, Chronicles all have mentioned old gods being killed. Metzen, Afrasiabi going as far as saying the deaths of C'thun and Yogg being the primary cause of the cataclysm. Oh and shadow priest weapon too.

Only ones saying they don't die are the absolute nutters that are their cultists.
    C'thun didn't die, he talks to Cho'gall in the comic set during WotLK time period. I'm pretty sure the only Old God that's been killed is Y'shaarj. The others are more like in a forced dormant state, or physically dead, but their power to influence is still very much alive.

Quote Originally Posted by sykretts View Post

Putting that aside, please do enlighten me in which direction you think the warcraft universe will go if your so called "balance of light and void" is to be left alone after dealing with the fel (which fun-fact is a by-product of the light and void clashing, aka of the twisting nether). Because if things are to go your way, there is no story to get into after taking care of the legion.

The fact that we'll be dealing with old-gods soon and hence the void again is just as true as the sun being the center of our solar system. Put your Hypothethical goggles aside, get off your philosophical high horse, and look at it from a lens of common sense and business stand point.
    Gladly.

But first, we aren't "dealing with fel". We are dealing with Burning Legion that, so happens, uses fel. Actually, as you yourself said, waging war against fel would be as pointless as waging war agaisnt void, both are elements of fundamental processes of the Universe. Void Lords, however, are beings born of the Void, in contrast to Legion which merely learnt to use the fel and got transformed by it.

For the closest future of WoW, we got 2 villains left - Azshara and N'zoth. Their involvement in WoW's events match the prophecies of Il'gynoth, which still are yet to be fulfilled. I predict involvement of the Lich King, with the development of Death Knight campaign and recent confirmation on Deaths of Chromie that Scourge has woken up and "dead walk in Northrend once more". The Ruby Dragonshrine faces siege from undead. Considering Lich King's connection to the Void, he would fit in expansion with N'zoth.

For the farer future, I predict exploitation of alternate timelines and development of time travel. We already had it once with WoD, so the lore is set. Deaths of Chromie scenario looks like Blizzard checking the reception of time-travel-based storyline in the playerbase, especially after controversies of WoD.

Of course, Blizzard could always surprise us with something like MoP. It surely though won't be a dull and "epic to boredom" story of player-god waging war against abstract concept of Void that created Universe itself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well got to say Argus is reminding me a bit of Vashj'ir in which you can go to the different zones and it's all in the same place.

Can't wait either to see what creatures will be on Argus so my Hunter can tame them.
    http://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/screen...mal/638331.jpg
    New Void Ray or Nether Ray like in Outland model?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Expect Yogg,Sharraj, and Cthun.
    The ONLY old god to "die" is yshaarj, who was litterally ripped out of the planet by the hands of a god, and even that didn't kill him, his heart still beat, it still corrupted people, and it produced all of the sha. Cthun and Yogg were merely beat into hibernation. It even says it in game that they are not dead, just recovering.
    Classes/Specs: Retribution Paladin, Outlaw Rogue, Frost Mage, Destruction Warlock.

Vanilla veteran of both factions since '04. Former high end player, now casually playing simply to keep up with the lore.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    The ONLY old god to "die" is yshaarj, who was litterally ripped out of the planet by the hands of a god, and even that didn't kill him, his heart still beat, it still corrupted people, and it produced all of the sha. Cthun and Yogg were merely beat into hibernation. It even says it in game that they are not dead, just recovering.
    The players killed them. Cho'gal was trying to ressurect C'thun and Yogg saron says the shadow of his corpse will choke the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I was interested in how the Void was interacting with things based on the models for 7.3. From Alleria to the Broken to the Void Ethereals appearing it seems like the Void is directly corrupting things now - converting their forms to Void-stuff as opposed to the kind of teratological mutations we've seen thus far. The Broken themselves seem like a partial mutations, with their Void portions almost appearing to consume their flesh - but Alleria is more or less a full conversion, unless that state is more temporary (created by some kind of short-lived event).
    Probably its just blizz being lazy and realising that they can "void corrupt" models just by doing the same thing as fel-corrupt but now purple.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLoadbearer View Post
    C'thun didn't die, he talks to Cho'gall in the comic set during WotLK time period. I'm pretty sure the only Old God that's been killed is Y'shaarj. The others are more like in a forced dormant state, or physically dead, but their power to influence is still very much alive.
    It was an echo. Much like how the Echo of Gul'dan spoke through his skull to Illidan or other Echos communicate at certain points. Medivh, Ellisande, Aegwynn etc. They're still dead.

Talking to someone doesn't mean they are alive, the old gods are dead, but they still have souls.

7+ Year Old Account
    C'thun didn't die, he talks to Cho'gall in the comic set during WotLK time period.
    yes totally.

and our gul'dan looks so alive too.

look at it in all its glory!
    its more alive than even cenarius.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    The players killed them. Cho'gal was trying to ressurect C'thun and Yogg saron says the shadow of his corpse will choke the world.
    The old gods are best related to weeds in your lawn, you can chop the top off a million times but if the roots stay it's going to only be a matter of time until they return. This is what I mean by hibernation. We killed the head of a giant being with a root system that's ZONES wide under ground. ICC was built out of saronite which is Yoggs blood, which was mined out in front of ICC. The old gods are merely giant systems of intricate roots going into the core of Azeroth trying to corrupt the nascent titan dwelling inside it. We most definitely did not kill them, we put them to sleep while they reform.
    Last edited by Ateo; 2017-06-29 at 07:20 PM.