Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    if you just jump from guild to guild to "chat and spam"

why do you care so much that this one guild kicked you?

sounds like there's a lot you're not telling us, OP

Uhm, isn't that the point of socials? Ppl who are not participating in the "intended" activities of the guild?

Aka, ex-raiders and friends of raiders? My old guild never kicked socials for not participating, but we did kick a few socials who acted like douchebags, and socials who hadn't been online for x amount of time.

I guess it depends how the guild defines social. If you join any guilds in future and that rank is assigned to you, just ask what they might expect of you. Some of my characters in guilds are 'social', and all I usually do on those characters in non-raiding casual content and I have been in those guilds for quite a while
    Is this something that ppl do? Asking guilds if they can join "as a social"? I dunno, I have never seen or heard about it, and I don't understand why anybody would.

As said above, the social rank is for ex-raiders and friends of raiders. I would never invite complete randoms as socials, what's the point?
    Last edited by ThrashMetalFtw; 2017-06-29 at 05:47 PM.
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    Playing together for years? Making friends? Chat with your guildmates? What are you talking about? The only purpose of guilds was getting you epic gear.
    Based on your posts I'm not surprised you have no friends. There are plenty of players out there who play wow for fun and not for gear.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aizen244 View Post
    I had bad experiences playing as raider on guilds , the arrogant attidute of the officers enrage me (you know like altruis the sufferer) and i hate to have a schedule on a game like wow , since then i just join guilds for the chat and spam as social without participating in the activities of the guild , i like to be a lone wolf in wow and pug a lot and also lead my groups as i like , today i got kicked from the guild , the reason was , i didnt participate in the activities of the guild even though i did some mythic+ with them(very few though) , well i dont give a shit about the kick but my question is , are socials supposed to participate in the activities of the guild or get kicked? i was very active , i just didnt like do much stuff with them.
    it depends on the type of guild and its rules.

you were basically just useless to them and they kicked you.

off-topic: i demand a better ignore feature.
    i put people like tikcol on my ignore list for a reason, and that reason was not to see his god forsaken post every time he gets quoted.
    Last edited by Raetary; 2017-06-29 at 05:48 PM.

Formerly known as Arafal

I had bad experiences playing as raider on guilds , the arrogant attidute of the officers enrage me (you know like altruis the sufferer) and i hate to have a schedule on a game like wow , since then i just join guilds for the chat and spam as social without participating in the activities of the guild , i like to be a lone wolf in wow and pug a lot and also lead my groups as i like , today i got kicked from the guild , the reason was , i didnt participate in the activities of the guild even though i did some mythic+ with them(very few though) , well i dont give a shit about the kick but my question is , are socials supposed to participate in the activities of the guild or get kicked? i was very active , i just didnt like do much stuff with them.
    I don't know why, but it looks like you deserved it. Also there are tons of single player games out there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aggressively social guilds, that's what we need more of for sure.

Fill guild chat with at least 5 paragraphs of your inane day-to-day and no less than three "XD"s per paragraph or you're getting the boot!
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    well i dont give a shit about the kick
    Seems like you kind of do seeing as how you took the time to make this post and everything.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

The OP makes a lot of threads complaining about raid groups and guilds a lot. At first it was in the Priest forums, now it's in General it seems. It's hard to tell if he just doesn't get along with people, trolling, or something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbiter View Post
    Seems like you kind of do seeing as how you took the time to make this post and everything.
    I mostly wonder , if its a norm to kick socials , im social on some guilds i like and i wouldnt like to get kicked because of lack of participating , in this particular guild there is something more though , i helped them abit on mythic+ and even brought some on some hc tos bosses who are far ahead their own progress and my attidute was really good to them , dunno maybe they were butthurt i had better progress and didnt want to raid or w/e? or maybe i replaced someone on a raid who was their friend? i cant tell and i dont care at all or maybe the reason they gave me was true?

It seems kicking socials isnt a norm but yes shit can happen.

It's an MMORPG
    Mass Multiplayer

You have single player RPG and then you have multiplayer.
    Then there wouldn't be single player content, it's intellectually dishonest to suggest people can't or shouldn't play on their own.

That being said, who cares if you aren't in a guild that you didn't play with anyways?

Guild free since Mists and loving it.

Their guild, their rules. It's pretty irrelevant what "the norm" is.

Personally I see no reason to kick someone from the guild, apart from the times where we randomly invited people because they created guild money and we ran into the guild cap. Or when they obviously "misbehave".
    We also have several players in the guild nobody knows, probably some friend or collegue of someone who stopped playing.

Playing together for years? Making friends? Chat with your guildmates? What are you talking about? The only purpose of guilds was getting you epic gear.

Since everyone is running around with epic gear(which isn't epic anymore, feels like junk), there's no need for guilds anymore. Disband guilds, create a more reasonable world where design isn't shackled by archaic concepts like those.
    I feel so deeply for you..like honestly that you think this way and are unable to grasp the concept of making friends and memories in video games..I truly am, SO, sorry.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by seventysix View Post
    I feel so deeply for you..like honestly that you think this way and are unable to grasp the concept of making friends and memories in video games..I truly am.
    Yea honestly the friend's I've made is the one reason I've managed to still play the game.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

Quote Originally Posted by devla View Post
    I feel bad for you, you've never had a good guild. Or ingame friends for that matter. I met my guildmates in TBC and we've been raiding together ever since. The voice chat on our raid nights feels like being in a pub and talking to my good old friends.
    You shouldn't feel bad for me, I'm probably happier than you. It's paradoxical of you to feel bad for me

- - - Updated - - -

It's an MMORPG
    Mass Multiplayer

You have single player RPG and then you have multiplayer.
    That is not how english works !

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Igi View Post
    Based on your posts I'm not surprised you have no friends. There are plenty of players out there who play wow for fun and not for gear.
    I have plenty of friends, I just don't think that playing WoW should be a friend factory in any way shape or form. I'm very social, the most social person you've ever seen actually

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Just when you think you've seen it all
    It's a matter of insight, not sight

Sounds like an excuse to me. There's no reason for guilds to kick socials unless they're inactive or annoying. No offense, it's probably the latter, nothing personal but maybe they didn't want /g spam? That or they were capped on guild slots, but I seriously doubt that. I don't know. Find a better guild who're more up your alley.

Personally I've kicked a social from the guild because he was annoying. But that was mostly because he kept talking random bullshit and was basically a walking meme factory. Which is great, but do it in Discord so you can actually link images.

Deleted
    It's really up to the leadership if they want to keep social members or not...
    Their playground, their rules.

If they decided to get rid of drag-alongs... then tough luck...

Just join another guild or create your own guild if you don't want to play with other player's in the guild. Some guild's prefer people to actively participate and some just don't want player's who aren't planning to do anything in the guild for no reason since you don't know if they will create a bad rep for u.

In the end, its the guild's management's choice.

Since everyone is running around with epic gear(which isn't epic anymore, feels like junk), there's no need for guilds anymore. Disband guilds, create a more reasonable world where design isn't shackled by archaic concepts like those.
    Then you've been in some shitty guilds but that's your problem. I prefer to play with people of similar skill to mine to also be able to clear content in a timely fashion. And we don't just play wow together. Try to do mythic with pugs at the start of a tier, with groups of people not consisting of alts of players that have already progressed said fights and see how that goes. Just because you dont like the guild system it should be dismatled? How bout no. Or better yet to use your logic how about we dissallow any pugging.

Deleted
    (I'm very beautiful)
    haha, only when your dreaming.