Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Lightbulb Updated Old Models (7.3 Wendigos & Friends)

Hey guys!

So after MMO-Champion datamined that new (yet bugged) wendigo model, I was curious and went in Dun Morogh on the PTR to see if the change was actually in place... and it was!

Look at those beautiful furry wendigos we got! I know many of you probably don't care about this, but I think it's essential what Blizzard is doing here, because by updating these old (and fugly) models, it's making the early game experience a little less ugly and and out of date.

We already got kobolds for Legion, harpies (even if the old ones are still not using the brand new model...), some critters, abominations, ghouls, murlocs, baby dragons, bears, eagles, spiders, banshees, lobstroks, basilisks... So which old creatures do you think should be next on the list? Personally I'd go for gnolls (they're probably among the most hideous models still ingame) and centaurs who look like they could use some love as well! As for critters and friendly npcs, I think human and orc children really need an update (especially since that squire pet was made and it looks great but wasn't used elsewhere), along with cats. Poor things need more polygons!

Deleted
    Nice ideed ! I also saw that they are new trogg models !

Quote Originally Posted by Vorti View Post
    Nice ideed ! I also saw that they are new trogg models !
    Oh you're right, I saw that as well and forgot to mention it. It looks great, and it really needed it. I hope Blizzard will hope these new models on all "old" ones, and not forget some. The harpies thing I was talking about ealier really irritates me everytime I see one in Kalimdor haha!

Deleted
    Gnolls.... they need it soooo friggin much, Meatball is making my eyes bleed :S

Quote Originally Posted by Ashelor View Post
    Gnolls.... they need it soooo friggin much, Meatball is making my eyes bleed :S

[IMG]http://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/screenshots/normal/479349-meatball-meatball-at-the-coliseum.jpg[IMG]
    omfg yes, i hope they're next in line.

i hope they get around to updating every old model in the game. wolves, cats, all of it.

I forgot to mention how ugly dragonkin are...

Also regular drakes could use an update, they're so outdated, especially their face, gosh poor things...

10+ Year Old Account
    Gnolls, Kobolds, and Quilboars need to come next

I see Troggs finally got updated too
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

7+ Year Old Account
    They need bring back old BE/NE models for non-DH classes before update their models.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cqwrteur View Post
    They need bring back old BE/NE models for non-DH classes before update their models.
    Why would we want worse models?

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Gnolls, Kobolds, and Quilboars need to come next
    Oh, I forgot about Quilboars as well haha. These ones are at least as ugly as gnolls models. Oh and they've done the kobolds already for Legion, look!

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Inb4 some idiot comes and says "Northrend expansion confirmed, Wendigos are getting a updated model!"

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    Why would we want worse models?
    That is the question which should ask you not me. Why new models look so terrible.

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

New quilboar would be great. Always had a soft spot for these guys from back in the day levelling in Durotar and the Barrens.
    Me not that kind of Orc!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    omfg yes, i hope they're next in line.

i hope they get around to updating every old model in the game. wolves, cats, all of it.
    they updated wolves and cats, just didnt place them into the old zones
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    eh, that doesn't really count. they clearly aren't the same breeds.

7+ Year Old Account
    Updating models is a waste of resource since 99% players never care about model updating.

Quote Originally Posted by gypsybob View Post

New quilboar would be great. Always had a soft spot for these guys from back in the day levelling in Durotar and the Barrens.
    ((mankrik screeching in the distance))

but yeah, they definitely need it too. would have been a good time to do it, considering they weirdly updated the old razorfen dungeons.

Updating models is a waste of resource since 99% players never care about model updating.
    That's a nice statistic you made up there.

Gnolls and quilboar are both prominent in early zones, so I wouldn't mind seeing them get an update.

They (Blizzard) stated few times that they are always updating models that will be present in following expansion... Who knows... Maybe we will have some action on Old Azeroth again... dwarfish-titanish themed expansion...?

Lmao those quilboars are basically rectangles and triangles glued together.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Oh, when I said cats, I meant pets, as in kittens haha! Not big cats like the ones in Teldrassil.

I don't think it is a waste of time, quite the contrary. If you're an old player leveling a new character, or a new player starting with WoW it's always nice not encountering a model such as the one quilboars currently use that make you feel like the game you're playing is completely out of date. I could say the same about some trees in Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms zones, but I would never be done complaining about them haha!