Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    Though it obviously won't happen in this patch, my #1 wish is for Alleria to walk in the Undercity, how fucked up and interesting would that be.
    Actually, with Kil'rogg's visions absolutely in the open about coming true.. It's possible we'll see her in Undercity? The Horde's last stand seems to be there.

Remember, we have 11 weeks of questlines before the Raid again (probably.. they said it won't release immediately with 7.3)

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    there are several belves that came with.
    the blood elves are the ones that brought the hordies to azuremyst.
    there's no hardcore blood elf loyalists though. liadrin is a moderate voice, and aethas is a kirin'kuck so he's as likely to shit on his own people as vereesa.

liadrin is probably the best person to explain everything to alleria, tbh. she's not going to lie, and she's not going to be a zealot either way.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    a kirin'kuck
    You owe me a new keyboard. And a can of soda.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    All it takes is an incel at the wrong place wrong time and we won't even know what hit us.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLoadbearer View Post
    Because she knew the orcs were a threat to Quel'thalas even if Anasterian didn't think so, not because she wanted to keep the human kingdoms safe.
    That's incorrect, both as per Chronicle and the Thas'dorah history book.

The rulers of Silvermoon were reluctant to commit significant aid to the humans of Lordaeron, but Alleria thought that the demon-possessed orcs were a grave danger to the entire world. She led her group of rangers to Lordaeron-against orders-and fought at the Alliance's side with bravery.
    Furthermore, you miss the point. It's not about not caring about her homeland at all, its that she had absolutely no qualms against going against its current government, even at the rist of being declared a traitor, when the situation deemed it, when she saw it as right. And finally, if there was one thing of the outmost importance, it was her family. Hence why she was consumed by the need for vengeance after the orcs killed a great deal of it. It's not likely she would side with a government foreign to her over her family.

there's no hardcore blood elf loyalists though. liadrin is a moderate voice, and aethas is a kirin'kuck so he's as likely to shit on his own people as vereesa.

liadrin is probably the best person to explain everything to alleria, tbh. she's not going to lie, and she's not going to be a zealot either way.
    IMO the best person to tell Alleria stuff would be Lor'themar. He's proud of his people, but also was a bit humbled by his experience at Quel'lithien Lodge in his short story. He doesn't hide from, ignore, or bury his mistakes, so I think he'd be the best one to talk to her, both being rangers too, and likely having worked together, and also because he was Sylvanas' second-in-command when Alleria was last in Quel'thalas.

Completely agree about Aethas, I hate him so much. Rommath needs to kill him and take up the proverbial torch for the blood elves' mage spotlight. Never seen Rommath cast a big spell. Ever. He's only ever done some magic in 5.1, and froze the non-blood elf player when one does the Quel'delar questline, though I consider a non-blood elf or high elf restoring the sword to be dumb and unpoetic, so it's my headcanon that it was a blood elf (and not an Aethas-type blood elf).

I think Liadrin is too preachy. She's obnoxious, and I wish Blizz hadn't gutted all individuality from the Blood Knights the way they did.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vyve View Post
    That's incorrect, both as per Chronicle and the Thas'dorah history book.

Furthermore, you miss the point. It's not about not caring about her homeland at all, its that she had absolutely no qualms against going against its current government, even at the rist of being declared a traitor, when the situation deemed it, when she saw it as right. And finally, if there was one thing of the outmost importance, it was her family. Hence why she was consumed by the need for vengeance after the orcs killed a great deal of it. It's not likely she would side with a government foreign to her over her family.
    Thank you for pointing that out, I haven't read either Chronicle books. Still, it's not focusing on the human kingdoms specifically, so it's okay by me. People just mistakenly believe it was for the human kingdoms and that she's more loyal to them than her homeland.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.

When you have batshit Vereesa on one end, you should have a voice of moderation on the other side to further alienate her. Or Lorthemar, her friend.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Have you considered, as per the Void model datamined, that there might not be an Alleria after this patch/expansion ?

It's a bit clichee, but a possible Alleria death would be a great catalyst for a strong Turalyon presence in the story going forward. Plus a buddy comedy of Turalyon and Khadgar going around causing trouble basically writes itself.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLoadbearer View Post
    Completely agree about Aethas, I hate him so much. Rommath needs to kill him and take up the proverbial torch for the blood elves' mage spotlight. Never seen Rommath cast a big spell. Ever. He's only ever done some magic in 5.1, and froze the non-blood elf player when one does the Quel'delar questline, though I consider a non-blood elf or high elf restoring the sword to be dumb and unpoetic, so it's my headcanon that it was a blood elf (and not an Aethas-type blood elf).

I think Liadrin is too preachy. She's obnoxious, and I wish Blizz hadn't gutted all individuality from the Blood Knights the way they did.
    the way they had him grovel to the kirin'tor and tirisgarde, even offering one of their people's most sacred weapons to them, enraged me so bad. like, i just wanted to hit something.

as for the restoration of quel'delar, i headcanon it that it was my blood knight, and she passed it to liadrin when she took up ashbringer(i know liadrin had it before in wod, but i just handwave it).

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    You know this really remind of that comic when those corporation guys discuss ideas and one of them is thrown out of window.
    "How about we for once use other race than belves to represent horde ?"
    /gets thrown out of window.

Quote Originally Posted by Somnium View Post
    Have you considered, as per the Void model datamined, that there might not be an Alleria after this patch/expansion ?

It's a bit clichee, but a possible Alleria death would be a great catalyst for a strong Turalyon presence in the story going forward. Plus a buddy comedy of Turalyon and Khadgar going around causing trouble basically writes itself.
    alleria is using void powers when she shows up in the story. every arrow she fires is darkened with void.

it's likely that she learned to use void and is like this duality with turalyon.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    When you have batshit Vereesa on one end, you should have a voice of moderation on the other side to further alienate her. Or Lorthemar, her friend.
    lorthemar would be another good one, but blizzard seems to have entirely forgotten his existence in legion.

both times the blood elves have shown up thus far, it was liadrin that was there. liadrin, rommath, and now shithas.

10+ Year Old Account

Naaah I doubt it, I think they'll building more interactions with Sylvanas and her, which will more than likely won't happen in this patch as this is basicly the lets fight the theme of the patch. Also I can see the spam at developers if that'd be the case after literally almost 20 years of not being a thing in the story.

She also seems to be using void magic in some way, dunno much about that either way.

If they killed off Alleria to give Turalyon a little more development, I will be thoroughly done with the lore. Especially if Blizzard did that before Alleria made any meaningful impact on the Blood/High Elf thing. But it wouldn't be out of character for Blizzard to bend over backwards to avoid opening that can of worms, seeing as how they completely ignored it after 5.2 because they knew giving the Horde any ground would piss off Alliance fans, so they waited, hoping passions would die down before they slap the doggy collar back on Aethas in Legion hocking Felo'melorn to be the Kirin Tor's pet again.

Quote Originally Posted by gypsybob View Post
    Alleria shouldn't have any chance of being Blood Elf leader. She wasn't really that good, Sylvanas was always the best sister as she became Ranger-General. If Lor'Themar died then Hauldron Brightwing probably becomes the next leader as he is Ranger-General, either him or Grand Magister Rommath with Lady Liadrin also having an outside chance to be leader over Alleria.

I believe Alleria should become Horde, it would be nice to see her stick with Quel'Thalas instead of teaming up with her batshit sister Vereesa.
    Hating the Horde = batshit crazy.

Being female LK 2.0 = fine. Good to know.

And in case you forgot, Veressa hates the Horde, but not her sister. She DID almost choose to join Sylvie in the UC. So if it comes down to Sylvie alone I don't think she'll be too salty when explaining it to Alleria. The Belves joining the Horde...that's up in the air though I can see her exaggerating.
    STRESS
    The confusion caused when one's mind
    overrides the body's basic
    desire to choke the living shit out of
    some jerk who desperately needs it

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    You know this really remind of that comic when those corporation guys discuss ideas and one of them is thrown out of window.
    "How about we for once use other race than belves to represent horde ?"
    /gets thrown out of window.
    More like "How about we for once let a race other than humans be good at something that a human could do, like magic?"
    /gets thrown out of window because that would imply that humans are "jack of all trades, master of none" rather than "master of all trades and everyone else only exists to suck at said trades to make the humans look even better at said trades by comparison."

I think it's more likely that they're giving her a dark side so that she has easier time accepting Sylvanas. I believe her void model is going to be her "Void Form" similar to Shadow Priest's. She uses void abilities in the early quests without turning purple, so it seems like maybe she has it under control. Perhaps her visit to AU Draenor in WoD taught her how to control it and it's sort of "fight fire with fire" thing because of the void influence that they've had to deal with at the same time as Legion. A lot of wishful thinking on my part as I don't think they should bring her back just to kill her off or turn her evil.

10+ Year Old Account
    alleria is using void powers when she shows up in the story. every arrow she fires is darkened with void.

it's likely that she learned to use void and is like this duality with turalyon.

- - - Updated - - -

lorthemar would be another good one, but blizzard seems to have entirely forgotten his existence in legion.

both times the blood elves have shown up thus far, it was liadrin that was there. liadrin, rommath, and now shithas.
    All the leaders seem to be like in ''we can't leave our capitals'' this expansion BUT Velen. Genn and Anduin are probably back in stormwind already, this is the ephitome of a 'neutral' expansion. And the last patch won't be the exception, I'm surprised they are even using non neutral characters to be honest.

Why is Vereesa being bitchy about Sylvanas when the last time Vereesa interacted with Sylvanas she was going to let Sylvanas kill her and turn her into a zombie? I know she decided against it and Sylvanas was pissed, but I don't recall Vereesa seeing that Sylvanas was pissed or anything.

Also, how is Vereesa going to explain that time that she murdered a bunch of innocent elf civilians in Dalaran for shits and giggles?

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    I think it's more likely that they're giving her a dark side so that she has easier time accepting Sylvanas. I believe her void model is going to be her "Void Form" similar to Shadow Priest's. She uses void abilities in the early quests without turning purple, so it seems like maybe she has it under control. Perhaps her visit to AU Draenor in WoD taught her how to control it and it's sort of "fight fire with fire" thing because of the void influence that they've had to deal with at the same time as Legion. A lot of wishful thinking on my part as I don't think they should bring her back just to kill her off or turn her evil.
    She did go to Shadowmoon Burial Grounds and an arrow was found there, so that's very likely. I'm really hoping she's using more nefarious powers like that. And I hope Vereesa has a problem with it, and Alleria's like "quit your bitching, I might be using something less savory, but I'm still me." And Vereesa realizes that just because a high elf walked around Silvermoon during Burning Crusade, so their eyes gained the fel taint, that doesn't mean they had anything to do with Rhonin's death, and she has no reason to hate all blood elves as much as she does.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Why is Vereesa being bitchy about Sylvanas when the last time Vereesa interacted with Sylvanas she was going to let Sylvanas kill her and turn her into a zombie? I know she decided against it and Sylvanas was pissed, but I don't recall Vereesa seeing that Sylvanas was pissed or anything.

Also, how is Vereesa going to explain that time that she murdered a bunch of innocent elf civilians in Dalaran for shits and giggles?
    Vereesa doesn't think. So if we are accurate shes will just start shrieking about rhonin and Alleria will kill her thinking she is possessed.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean let's settle down a notch,I don't care much for Vareesa, all she said is that ''what she has become'' which for all intends and purposes is something unatural, let's not try to soften it. Other than that, Vareesa is tiny bit of a hypocrite which isn't new.