Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Mage tier 21

No robes for mages this time around

LFR:

Normal:

Heroic:

Mythic:

Last edited by Krokar; 2017-06-29 at 06:11 AM.

Thank you for transmog, nuff said.

10+ Year Old Account
    Really nice.

not a fan at all. the mythic shoulders look like theyre sliding off your body and im really sick of headboard helmets.

and why does every single mage set have to be arcane themed? when was the last frost themed set we got? t3?

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Don't like it very much. I mean ofc I don't like the fact that we get no robe, but even the other parts I dislike.

Deleted
    The cap part of the helmet ruins an otherwise nice set.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like it a lot. Not every set needs to be robe themed, and the last non robe set was the Tier 8 in Ulduar if I am recall correctly.

There might be a compatible robe within the instance too, you never know.

This set is clearly inspired by what the Nightborne wear.

I am not amazed by it, but it definetly has its perks: the "arcane" ring bands on the left arm will probably come along with a cool animation attached... will have to wait and see i guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Love the more "battle-mage" look, reminds me of Ulduar sets. Asymmetric designs on the arms is nice.

However I'm not a fan of the magneto helmet at all, nor the "head-board" style back of it.

Proper screenshots are up on front page btw.

WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Deleted
    I like the set. It is a big departure from the usual robes we get and I don't mind it one bit. The only thing I dislike is how the huge collar is tied to the chest piece and not the helmet, meaning you cannot hide it.

Seems to me like it's more a tribute to Archmage Antonidas.

wow.gamepedia.com/Antonidas

Love the gloves and boots, maybe the shoulders. Can definitely use them in some transmog. More 3D model boots are always welcome.

I like it outside of the weird mask/helm, hopefully that gets updated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe I'm alone on this based on the previous comments but personally I think this is one of the most hideous tier sets ever done for mages, and after looking at the other tier sets I am quite disappointed again to be a mage this expac (first the mount and now this abomination).
    I know not with what weapons WWIII will be fought, but WWIV will be fought with sticks and stones. ~Albert Einstein

Well, transmog exists for a reason. It could be worse, I hear there are a few rogues upset with their set as well, lol.

I don't mind it all that much, it's a nice option that is a tribute to a famous figure in Mage Lore.

Definitely not what I wanted to see, especially for completely new artwork. They should give us a robe option as well...

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    However I'm not a fan of the magneto helmet at all, nor the "head-board" style back of it.
    FWIW, the "head-board" is actually part of the chest item, not the helm like usual. Same goes for all the T21 sets for the first time - the collars are part of the chest, not the helm.

The left glove...Sargeras, I've come to bargain?
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    The left glove...Sargeras, I've come to bargain?
    That is actually a nice quote there, did not think of that.

Quote Originally Posted by JJShadoe View Post
    FWIW, the "head-board" is actually part of the chest item, not the helm like usual. Same goes for all the T21 sets for the first time - the collars are part of the chest, not the helm.
    which makes the chest unusable, heh. so ugly