Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

new caster animations.

havent really seen anyone talking about them.

but hell they look good:

-mage, shaman, resto druid:

-holy/shadow/disc priest:

still waiting for locks.
    Last edited by Raetary; 2017-07-01 at 02:10 PM.

Formerly known as Arafal

I absolutely love the new caster animations, though I think some of them need to be maybe a tiny bit more polished. That arcane explosion though, dear god I've been waiting FOR YEARS for it to look that good!

Bloodsail Admiral melkesjokolade's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Priest one finally looks angelic. Dont really like resto though.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm disappointed that casters don't actually hold their weapons while casting even after the updates. They are a huge improvement over the old animations, but there is a long way to go. Casters really need animations where they actually hold their weapons. Weapons shouldn't just be stat sticks that stay stuck to your back.

Last edited by Stormspark; 2017-06-29 at 08:14 PM.

Now I feel like my new MM hunter animations are outdated again

Well of course the Priests start levitating while casting! No one was surprised by this development! XD

Some lovely animations for sure though, making casting look much more awesome.

Would've been nice if weapons could've been used as well instead of just being stat sticks. Especially in the case of Artifact abilities. Would make sense to use the weapon itself in the animation, although Elemental does have that so that's at least something.

Quote Originally Posted by Akaihiryuu View Post
    I'm disappointed that casters don't actually hold their weapons while casting even after the updates. They are a huge improvement over the old animations, but there is a long way to go. Casters really need animations where they actually hold their weapons. Weapons shouldn't just be stat sticks that stay stuck to your back.

I agree, I'd love to see them holding their weapons to help with the casting animations. Though, I can't complain because a lot of the animations and the spells themselves are juicy. Especially the new Arcane Explosion, I looooooovvvvveeee it.

I can't say I'm fond of the FF animations, way too JRPG for my tastes.

i love these so much, just totally flipping my shit on it.

i'm changing my shaman to elemental for this patch, and i'll probably start playing my mage again.

just too fucking cool. i cannot wait to see what they do with warlocks.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    And does the new Druid animations come with nature/bird sounds?
    seems so, leaves lashing and a bird squeak from time to time.

OT: i really like how priests start floating while casting, the angelic feel is real.
    and the mage animation just makes me want to play my mage again, frost looks so badass.

Formerly known as Arafal

So this is extremely extremely good. Spells now actually utilize hands a lot more and it looks like you're actually casting spells and throwing ice lances and charging up for a huge lava burst. That's really damn awesome.

However, I reeeeeally wanna see some love for holy Paladins. Our spell animations have been the same old bland and boring shit for a while now.

7+ Year Old Account
    for the weapon topic.
    i also agree that should be a thing, however i kind of prefer weaponless casting more.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    *squeel*

Finally combat ready stances for mages!!!!
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

are warlocks gonna get any new casting animations?

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's a shame they didn't include their weapons in the casting animations, but they still look much better. It's a nice improvement!

Them levitating priest look amazing!

Better then what we have but i expected more.

Quote Originally Posted by demonik View Post
    are warlocks gonna get any new casting animations?
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I didn't see them listed. Shadow Priests are, but they said they're still getting worked on and will be available to view at a later date.
    blue post in another thread says yes, but they're not ready for this patch v.v

I really don't like the combat animation with the hands going to the sides after you cast something. I checked out my resto druid night elf and a night elf doing that looks awful even more so with the new resto druid cast animations.
    Last edited by jac9996; 2017-06-29 at 11:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    blue post in another thread says yes, but they're not ready for this patch v.v
    The front page states that shadow priest animations will be ready for 7.3, but are not ready for testing in the PTR. Has there been a change since yesterday?

Also, definitely agreed that weapons should be incorporated into the casting animations, but these changes are definitely a step in the right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    The front page states that shadow priest animations will be ready for 7.3, but are not ready for testing in the PTR. Has there been a change since yesterday?
    they were talking about warlocks.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    they were talking about warlocks.
    Woops. Saw shadow priest in the second quote and blanked out on the rest of it.