Thread: Unholy rotation

Deleted

Unholy rotation

I have 4setpiece bonus T20, and 2setpiece bonus T19. But NO shoulders (yet!)

How do i utilize Blighted Rune Weapon the best? (i see most top logs are using this talent)

Does it matter when i use DA, or simply use it at 110-120 Runic power?

I use BRW at the beginning of fight, then just use whenever I don't feel like using FS, or when I'm low on everything (wounds, plague, runes).

I'm not sure about DA. Obviously, the more casts you do, the better your damage will be but, it's kinda counter intuitive to have a lot of runes sitting around while you still have a lot of RP (as if it's not like we used to do it before...).
    For now, I've been using DA at around 50-90 RP because I also feel bad to have a lot of runes idling when I have Scourge of World proc. But gotta admit it feels nice to go brainless with 100+ rp and do only DC whenever you have RP.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiz View Post
    I use BRW at the beginning of fight, then just use whenever I don't feel like using FS, or when I'm low on everything (wounds, plague, runes).

I'm not sure about DA. Obviously, the more casts you do, the better your damage will be but, it's kinda counter intuitive to have a lot of runes sitting around while you still have a lot of RP (as if it's not like we used to do it before...).
    For now, I've been using DA at around 50-90 RP because I also feel bad to have a lot of runes idling when I have Scourge of World proc. But gotta admit it feels nice to go brainless with 100+ rp and do only DC whenever you have RP.
    So you're wasting globals that you could have used on spending runic power? When DA is up, you want to spend as much RP as you possible can, and as fast as you can (SD procs counts as spending RP ofc). Capping runes while DA is up, isn't a bad thing, as long as you have RP to spend. Every global spent on DC is a huge dps increase.

About BRW, I've just macroed it with my DT tbh. So whenever I use DT, I BRW aswell. Just because it can be annoying to be lucky and get a bunch of Black Claws procs off and losing all wounds.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    So you're wasting globals that you could have used on spending runic power?
    No. I'm just saying I'm not used to play with DA. I've used all my RP I had available to spend on DC (and death strike procs. Though I'm not sure if that counts toward DA). Been playing DK since it was out, but never had the time to try DA (kind of, it just wasn't the best choice at those times).

How do you usually know what's best ? How do you usually know if it's the best given your current gear ? I'm still new to Simc and I'm curious about how they figured it out.

No. I'm just saying I'm not used to play with DA. I've used all my RP I had available to spend on DC (and death strike procs. Though I'm not sure if that counts toward DA). Been playing DK since it was out, but never had the time to try DA (kind of, it just wasn't the best choice at those times).

How do you usually know what's best ? How do you usually know if it's the best given your current gear ? I'm still new to Simc and I'm curious about how they figured it out.
    SD procs 100% count towards DA damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Uglytoes View Post
    SD procs 100% count towards DA damage.
    I know that. I wanna know if Death Strike procs from killing adds would count toward improved DA. If I had to take a guess, I'd say yes.

I know that. I wanna know if Death Strike procs from killing adds would count toward improved DA. If I had to take a guess, I'd say yes.
    Yes it is. And it might be the reason for you to summon it a bit earlier. Common sense is to summon it when you're on 110-120 RP and got at least 1 SD proc. DS proc counts as well which means you may have less RP at the summoning time as long as you'll use both
    Last edited by Minoan; 2017-06-30 at 01:27 AM. Reason: doublepost
    Quote Originally Posted by Drye View Post
    It forces you to double tap. that's it. It's a great change.
    Quote Originally Posted by veiledy0 View Post
    It's just so you can say you tapped something twice that day.

Does anyone have the "how to" unholy PDF that they can link? I just switched from frost and i'd love to read it while at work. I need to understand the mechanics to do well, if i just download TMW i'll feel like a ra-tard.

Quote Originally Posted by Briskk View Post
    Does anyone have the "how to" unholy PDF that they can link? I just switched from frost and i'd love to read it while at work. I need to understand the mechanics to do well, if i just download TMW i'll feel like a ra-tard.
    You can look at this thread. Pretty sure he meant BRW instead of shadow infusion.

You can look at this thread. Pretty sure he meant BRW instead of shadow infusion.
    thank you, although i prefer a good reasoning behind every ability so i have a grasp of it, at least its a start.

There isn't much to be said that has already been written in guides. Your main ability is Dark Arbiter and you want to maximize its effectiveness by using as much rp as you can (sudden doom and death strikes procs count). You don't want to use Scourge strike / clawing Shadow when you don't have wounds on the ennemy, except when you're inside a DnD. And if you have the legendary shoulders, you want to cast DT after all your pets are summoned. That's it.

There are already plenty of guides saying why you would want to do that although I'm still not sure what to do when I'm swimming in ressources when DA isn't available.
    Do I prioritize SS instead of DC ? Tbh I don't know, I think they're both similar in term of damage output. Maybe the scourge of world is better than DC but I think it depends a lot of your mastery.