Thread: 7.3 spoilers!

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by fatgunn View Post
    No, what I'm saying is that it's visually backwards, compared to live. Look at both pictures.
    The PTR has some skybox issues on Azeroth and Argus, probably just glitches. Apparently there a few crossover zones on Azeroth on the PTR that get Argus backdrop mattes in their Skybox which is pretty jarring - it's like flying around in Orgrimmar and suddenly you can see out into space and there's Fel-infused debris everywhere.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

And Man Varimathras has seen better days. The fuck was his punishment for his failure?

I don't even understand why Varimathras in particular is getting such a harsh punishment - literally every other demon we've faced so far has failed Sargeras as much as Varimathras did.

Quote Originally Posted by Phinx View Post
    I don't even understand why Varimathras in particular is getting such a harsh punishment - literally every other demon we've faced so far has failed Sargeras as much as Varimathras did.
    this is his punishment for the failure of the battle of the undercity where he was suppose to ursurp Sylvanas and put the horde into chaos essentially and he was stopped.

I just hope they give him a good send off and not some haphazard lolblizzardloreretcon send off

10+ Year Old Account
    What sendoff, just put the bastard out of his misery.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Those demons were working at the behest of Archimonde and Kil'jaeden, whereas Varimathras was working an angle for Sargeras more or less directly - and Sargeras apparently has zero tolerance for failure. Perhaps there's more to it, though; I've wondered if Varimathras' "defection" to the Forsaken might've initially been legitimate before he reconnected with the Legion and/or Sargeras. Might be punishment both for both his failure to bring the Forsaken under Legion control and his failure to bring the Lich King to heel (since Balnazzar and Detheroc were out of the picture by that point). Sargeras might see Varimathras as the kind of coward that would give up his allegiance to temporarily save his own skin.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by jon234 View Post
    I just hope they give him a good send off and not some haphazard lolblizzardloreretcon send off
    What kind of "good send off" are you hoping for? Because it seems likely that it'll just be roughly like this: we go into his jail cell -> he attacks us hoping to regain favor of Sargeras -> we kill him.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    What kind of "good send off" are you hoping for? Because it seems likely that it'll just be roughly like this: we go into his jail cell -> he attacks us hoping to regain favor of Sargeras -> we kill him.
    perhaps more conflict between him and Sylvannas in the Argus storyline or something to detail the fact hes there other than another boss sitting in another room with out much story behind it as his story has been unfinished since wrath.

Quote Originally Posted by Mgann-Morzz View Post
    And Man Varimathras has seen better days. The fuck was his punishment for his failure?
    Had to listen to Knaak's novels on audiotape 24/7.

Anduins new model is looking dope but how did future anduin end up on argus? Is this some consequence from WoD?

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Those demons were working at the behest of Archimonde and Kil'jaeden, whereas Varimathras was working an angle for Sargeras more or less directly - and Sargeras apparently has zero tolerance for failure. Perhaps there's more to it, though; I've wondered if Varimathras' "defection" to the Forsaken might've initially been legitimate before he reconnected with the Legion and/or Sargeras. Might be punishment both for both his failure to bring the Forsaken under Legion control and his failure to bring the Lich King to heel (since Balnazzar and Detheroc were out of the picture by that point). Sargeras might see Varimathras as the kind of coward that would give up his allegiance to temporarily save his own skin.
    Recall that in WC3 he stated that it was forbidden for a Dreadlord to kill another Dreadlord. That's another strike against him.

Stood in the Fire TheRealDavidTwo's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by George Costanza View Post
    Anduins new model is looking dope but how did future anduin end up on argus? Is this some consequence from WoD?
    Eh? Pics? Or are you referring to the paladin in golden armor? That's Turalyon.

I mean, if you have the model for Anduin, do share.

Quote Originally Posted by George Costanza View Post
    At first, I didn't get it..but..now I do...

Damn it man. You dare diss ya boi, Turalyon like that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    That the next expa is about the void
    And here I thought there was one and only Lore Prophet. Do you take Anaxie's place when he gets banned?

Varimathras was acting following Sargeras' orders directly (unlike most demons that took orders from either Archimonde or Kil'jaeden) and this could be the way of Blizzard to tell us that this guy is either particularly brutal or particularly unforgiving towards those failing his commands.

That, or someone got good memory and didn't like one bit his murky shenanigans back in TFT times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Hes punished for killing a fellow nathrezim

Quote Originally Posted by Mrnoris View Post
    so the entire pantheon is inside the raid? my guess is we are going to free a few members of the pantheon. and be aided by them in the fight against what i think a new body created for sargeras to inhabit took over 10000 years to make something powerful enough to contain his power. sort of like the keepers jump down in the fight and assist with planet crushing mechanics. barriers damage buffs etc etc. purley speculation at this point.
    I agree with this i personally feel like this raid has alot of underlying throw backs to Ulduar, Since we know we are going to have to help Eonar, And also help the Titans Being Tortured. Im kinda hoping for a Yogg Saron Type of fight where we can choose with Titans we want assisting us in the fight making it Unique. Also adding some difficulty

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    Are you honestly putting Azshara and Old Gods on the same level as Sargeras? Lol.

Azshara and Old Gods can't destroy worlds by cleaving them in half with their swords. Azshara is arguably the most powerful Mage on Azeroth and she'd still be less than a flea to Sargeras.
    Old Gods are the 2nd tier of the Void. Kil'Jaeden would be 2nd tier Fel. Old Gods would rip Kil'Jaeden a new one. Don't act as if they are weak. At full power, fully released, they are multiple times stronger than Deathwing was. If I had to guess, Void Lords and Titans are similar in strength, but A Titan corrupted Void Lord would be much more powerful than both.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    Old Gods actually aren't even that powerful. Their true power comes from their ability to corrupt or control strong entities like Death Wing. DW could easily kill any Old God that ever existed in Azeroth 1v1.
    Lol no. Deathwing got a ton of his power from Old Gods. Just because a Titan can easily kill them, doesn't mean they are weak.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    Placeholder model, like always....
    I don't think Blizzard has ever given big bosses or NPCs placeholder names in patches before. This guy definitely isn't Golganneth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jurassic4LIFE View Post
    I think this is the opener to the real Titan stuff actually.. Not as much trying to cover it all right now. For us forum users, we're ahead of the game on our Titan knowledge. The casual player isn't.

N'zoth's spotlight will be almost just as equally Titan related, no doubt in my mind.

The Titan Models we see might actually appear in Ulduar/Uldum/Uldaman primarily throughout the next expansion.
    Especially with the Uldaman raid I've been predicting that feels more confirmed considering they just updated Troggs. (Think Ulduar but Sandy/Ocean instead of Ice.)

And if not, they could be appearing in the Hall of Communion when we go there with Magni, Odyn and Ra. Or maybe they'll speak to us during the Eonar protection encounter.
    Expansion to the Titan world to help revive/rebuild bodies for Titans? Maybe its even partly Legion/Void controlled. I do think that would be after Azshara and old Gods though. Who knows. Deathwing was a much bigger threat than Garrosh, so threats dont have to come in a linear order.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Im kinda disappointed in only 1 dungeon though. I would have preferred 2 or 3.
    Yeah I'm really sad. I hoped Blizzard would add another Karazhan style dungeon too before the expac ends. I had so much fun in there. And Argus would have been awesome for one. I'd have loved to have either 3 ICC style five mans or a big kara styled one. Oh well.