Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Again, I'd love some links shedding light on why multi-choice option polls are trash.

Multiple choices would be bad to someone only wanting 1 definitive answer. I'd say that the poll gave perfectly predictable results given the choices at the time.

If going down the variables route, no poll gives data worth taking seriously because whataboutism. But alas, they are being used. Yes, that includes multi-choice polls.
    No, multiple choice polls would be bad to someone wanting an accurate reading of what a subsection of the community thinks about expansions ranked against one another. Multiple choice tends to defeat the purpose of that.

If you're going to continue with this absolute nonsense of using ridiculous polls (after your oh-so-celebrated quarterly calls flopped, and suggested the opposite of what you implied), I'm going to have to cut things off. You're not worth the infraction.

Would love a reboot personally I mean yeah WoWs story Escalated super quickly after wotlk, it was like the transition from Saints row 2 to 3 and now we have 3 to 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    No, multiple choice polls would be bad to someone wanting an accurate reading of what a subsection of the community thinks about expansions ranked against one another. Multiple choice tends to defeat the purpose of that.

If you're going to continue with this absolute nonsense of using ridiculous polls (after your oh-so-celebrated quarterly calls flopped, and suggested the opposite of what you implied), I'm going to have to cut things off. You're not worth the infraction.
    So you don't have any actual information which would support you taking on the role of an authority on what constitutes a "reliable" poll. Gotcha. I think I'll keep putting my trust in officials on this matter rather than a random on a forum.

People responded predictably, Legion didn't win over the 2 expansions mostly hailed as the best.

... Actually, forget it. I see that now we're down to you making claims about quarterly calls "flopping" because you don't want them to be true, despite the cold. hard. facts. that they relay. They entirely support my point of current sub numbers and WoW doing well. Will they in Q2? Nobody knows, but for now they do.

If you can't argue your case without fearing infractions, your case probably doesn't hold worth shit in the first place.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-06-30 at 12:49 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    So you don't have any actual information which would support you taking on the role of an authority on what constitutes a "reliable" poll. Gotcha.

People responded predictably, Legion didn't win over the 2 expansions mostly hailed as the best.

... Actually, forget it. I see that now we're down to quarterly calls "flopping" because you don't want them to be true, despite the cold. hard. facts. that they relay.

If you can't argue your case without fearing infractions, your case probably doesn't hold in the first place.
    There's only so many ways to explain something to someone who:

-Links faulty polls
    -Is asking for a crash course on basic polling
    -Consistently strawmans opposition
    -Won't hold a single position

Take a look at your own bit on the quarterly calls. You were suggesting that they bolstered your point about Legion performing barely below Wrath. That's simply not the case, so you initially went back to faulty polls, and then, when called on it, you suggest that they support your claim anyway.

In the most polite way possible: Your posts are so low quality, they don't deserve to be further dignified with responses.

There's only so many ways to explain something to someone who:

-Links faulty polls
    -Is asking for a crash course on basic polling
    -Consistently strawmans opposition
    -Won't hold a single position

Take a look at your own bit on the quarterly calls. You were suggesting that they bolstered your point about Legion performing barely below Wrath. That's simply not the case, so you initially went back to faulty polls, and then, when called on it, you suggest that they support your claim anyway.

In the most polite way possible: Your posts are so low quality, they don't deserve to be further dignified with responses.
    And you accuse me of "attacking points never made".

Here you are making up your own narrative. I've never said that the game performs barely below Wrath financially or in sub numbers, but in polls on favourite expansions, as in how liked it is by the community. You were the one dragging in sub numbers in relation to WOTLK, not me. As for me asking you for a "crash course", I've asked you for links supporting your statements and pretence to hold authority over what constitutes a legitimate poll in this case.

And we're back to educating you on the concept of subjectivity once more. You think my posts are "low quality" because you don't agree with them, even when I present facts (Earnings calls). My position has been clear throughout the thread, regardless of you agreeing with it or not. Story? Subjective. Performance and health of the game? I base my position on the earnings calls. I'd say it's up to nay-sayers to prove those wrong because simply saying "They flop" based on not agreeing with what they're saying, doesn't hold water in any shape or form.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-06-30 at 01:06 AM.

As someone who used to love Warcraft's lore, I can agree with OP.

The fact that the game still has a good amount of players doesn't mean they're playing because of lore. I'm still playing because I have a good time with friends, and the game it's still fun, and other players play because it can be profitable, if you sell stuff. I don't think even 20% plays the game because of lore.

Being the leader, commander or the central figure in the story is good for any other games, but for MMO, it's shit.

The power levels are the worse, but you will always find people that tells you we already killed C'thun, Yogg, etc., but without mentioning that before, we all thought they were avatars and they weren't at full power. And the titans were just a bit more powerful than the old gods. Now, Chronicles changed everything, and the titans are almost all mighty, and we're going to defeat them on the next raid... and that's a total crap.

It' doesnt matter at this point, and if history taught us anything is that the vast majority can be wrong, or in this case of lore in particular, can have shitty tastes.
    Last edited by Beelzabi; 2017-06-30 at 01:30 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The game has been slowly setting us up to engage Sargeras for 12+ years now and its something I've been waiting years to do. I also look forward to more eventual planet/time/dimension hopping.

There are other MMOs out there that supply the setting you want but I actually like the WTF off the wall shit that WoW pulls off sometimes like the next patch and WoD (even if that expansion was a shitfest). FFXIV does the same thing and I love it.
    Last edited by Usagi Senshi; 2017-06-30 at 01:35 AM.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    The legion been part of the game since Warcraft 1, Turalyon was last seen in 1996, it's high time to finish that plot once and for all.

Without Sargeras influencing medivh, orcs vs humans would never have happened.

Same way even outside of the game franchise, Warcraft was first supposed to be a Warhammer game that couldn't get licensed.

Omg we are killing gods!

posted as I farm my AQ40 gear killing a god.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunner45 View Post
    Omg we are killing gods!

posted as I farm my AQ40 gear killing a god.
    Great semantic argument there, m8. Please go read Chronicle before posting about this sort of thing.

Warcraft 3 was the last decent story Blizzard has done. Every game before was memorable. Every game after was not.

Everything since has been forgettable to just plain bad. Starcraft and Diablo both lost their edge and were super watered down.

WoW has never really had compelling stories. Almost always half baked ideas.

Not sure why you think this is a new thing.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by George Costanza View Post
    Would love a reboot personally I mean yeah WoWs story Escalated super quickly after wotlk, it was like the transition from Saints row 2 to 3 and now we have 3 to 4.
    After Wotlk they were more free to depart from their Warcraft 3 plots.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    And the story has gone off the rails since then. It's almost like WC3 was propping up WoW.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    And the story has gone off the rails since then. It's almost like WC3 was propping up WoW.
    I don't agree fully, Deathwing was in warcraft 2, Turalyon was in warcraft 2.

Pandaria was completely written newly however, but chronicle 1 pieced things together. Draenei base story been known over 10 years.

KJ was present in WC3, and sunwell only delayed him.

Argus being in the game makes 100% sense, otherwise they shouldn't have eredar in lore, and no Archimonde = no warcraft 3 reign of chaos bad guy. TBC draenei lore been working towards this since 2007, and obviously Turalyon even further back in 1996.

WoD was only to really kickstart alternate gul'dan and make legion happen in the first place.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-06-30 at 01:56 AM.

The lore and the game has never been better. Can't wait for 7.3 and the next xpack. And i've been playing since 2004.
    English is not my first language, feel free to point out any mistake so i can keep learning.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    We have basically wrapped up all major storylines EXCEPT Queen Azshara and the Naga.

I agree with everything the OP said. We have become Demigods(player characters).

We have killed and destroyed so many major lore characters now its getting a bit out of control.

I feel like major lore characters should be bigger parts of the fights. Like why isn't Illidan fighting alongside us?

We need a reboot. We need to go back to basics - Adventuring. Like Vanilla. Adventuring in Booty Bay.

I would love a South Seas expansion like many others. Island hopping? Maybe Boat mounts? Exploring, discovering. Back to basics.
    Agree with going back to the home planet after argus, even Eastern Kingdoms/Kalimdor. Azeroth is still under danger as long as N'zoth is there, and the naga obviously.

I do hope we "sacrifice" our artifacts to finish the big bad of legion and go back to basics, not peasants at level 1, but also not as crazy as we are now.

They could have created other plots about i dunno something like the South seas having issues and stuff. or something A big new threat. not deathwing, killing him after Wotlk felt weird and the power jump was abit much then again the powergap in the end of vanilla was big too

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by George Costanza View Post
    They could have created other plots about i dunno something like the South seas having issues and stuff. or something A big new threat. not deathwing, killing him after Wotlk felt weird and the power jump was abit much then again the powergap in the end of vanilla was big too
    Deathwing was mostly weakened by the Dragon Soul, after we lifted the plates on his back and him landing in the maelstrom, not 100% us, and right now the Artifacts do a lot of the crazy power.

I hope we go back to a more basic thing but I highly doubt new people would find that "cool" enough to make phat sales $$$.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-06-30 at 02:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazakov View Post
    The lore and the game has never been better.

- - - Updated - - -

Deathwing was mostly weakened by the Dragon Soul, not us, and right now the Artifacts do a lot of the crazy power.
    Yeah I dunno about the artifact stuff though. They are mostly game mechanics with AP and stuff. AP might exist in lore but the stuff they add isnt that much. Sure they help but they dont make us into gods, we were demigods in WoD taking down guys like Archimonde Sargeras Top lieutenant, Basically the Dragon of Sargeras. (darth vader to sargeras/kjs emperor)

Quote Originally Posted by Kazakov View Post
    The lore and the game has never been better. Can't wait for 7.3 and the next xpack. And i've been playing since 2004.
    100% agreed with everything but the "since 2004" bit. I've "only" been playing since WOTLK.

Still hoping that whenever we do get another expansion dealing with threats on Kalimdor/Eastern Kingdoms, they won't go balls out Cataclysm. 1-60 content could do well with visual updates along with reworking the story of the zones to be less about the Cataclysm and more about dealing with local threats.