Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    Legality is irrelevant, people will always commit suicide whether you want them to or not, you can't do a damn thing to stop them... Again, would you rather they opened their veins and bled themselves out, or shot themselves in the head? Or would you rather they died in the least messy, least traumatizing way for their families?
    You are right. Some people might find other means. However, will others? Will they or will they not? Would all 111 have done so?

Quote Originally Posted by Pantalaimon View Post
    Yet not everyone who wants to advocate for medically assisted suicide are wanting to give the option ONLY to people with fatal conditions that are at death's door. Many individuals and groups want to have a much more open option to allow medically assisted suicide to be granted to anyone who receives a fatal diagnosis of just about anything (though cancer is the most common), even if they are not going to die for years to come.

Those who want to die do not just consist of those who are just about to die.
    I'm one of those people, I don't care if people want to commit suicide. Let them.

Quote Originally Posted by Pantalaimon View Post
    Not really. In both situations the people involved generally have their lives and perception of happiness severely hampered. As a result both parties (to varying degrees) want to die.
    Someone didn't actually read the article:

"The person is dying. The people we've met with -- they want to live," said Monning. "They're not choosing death. That decision has been made unfortunately because of an uncontrolled disease, a terminal cancer. ... What this does is allows them to gain autonomy, self-determination in what will be the path of that certain death."
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    You are right. Some people might find other means. However, will others? Will they or will they not? Would all 111 have done so?
    Does it really matter...they'd all be dead now either way. This way they got to die on their terms, without fear or pain and with as much dignity as the situation allows.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most of them probly would have, and the rest would have been suffering, all because people like you feel the need to meddle in their lives.

It's their choice, not yours, not mine, it's theirs, let them make it.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

What right does anyone have to say with whether or not you take your own life. It's mine to do with as I please.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Rather disturbing. We can only hope public opinion changes so that the law can be reversed. Why in the world are we encouraging this?
    So that people with terminal illnesses can end their lives at a time of their choosing and have some dignity in their final days?

And they can make plans and time with their loved ones rather than have them waiting in the wings for the axe to fall for years while they slowly waste away in palliative care wards.

Plus of course, incurring massive costs to them.

This is better for everyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Tennisace likes torturing people. I'm not surprised.

I am against suicide. There's a lot of people who think similarly. Most of the world I reckon if we look at the legality of this.
    No, you hate freedom. If you had any integrity you'd understand that. You think you deserve a say on others peoples lives, you don't, but here you are acting like your helping people? Go to a hospital and volunteer for patient work. That'd actually be doing something to help people, but no, you're here telling us how 'suicide' is wrong because you think it's wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakexe View Post
    No, you hate freedom. If you had any integrity you'd understand that. You think you deserve a say on others peoples lives, you don't, but here you are acting like your helping people? Go to a hospital and volunteer for patient work. That'd actually be doing something to help people, but no, you're here telling us how 'suicide' is wrong because you think it's wrong.
    In most of the world it is illegal. You think almost everyone hates freedom?

In most of the world it is illegal. You think almost everyone hates freedom?
    Ahh if the government makes a law about it then it's wrong.

Good to see you have zero internal morality. Goes well with zero integrity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wrong. A Canadian is a Canadian is a Canadian. Your hateful comments are not what this country is about.
    Nah, your comments are hateful, not mine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ahh if the government makes a law about it then it's wrong.

Good to see you have zero internal morality. Goes well with zero integrity.
    Actually I do have morality so I am against suicide. If it is your time to die then it's your time. Don't take your own life.

Usually, people dying due to laws is bad. But...I think that's the point here.
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

7+ Year Old Account
    Actually I do have morality so I am against suicide. If it is your time to die then it's your time. Don't take your own life.
    Disallowing people to end their own life should they choose to is the exact opposite of "morality". There is no context in which telling an able-minded adult what they can or cannot do with their own bodies is "moral" or even rational. And for gits and shiggles, news flash: The right to life gives the individual the right do what they wish with their own life, including ending it. TL;DR: The right to life includes the right to die.

What audacity, do you have a god complex?

Btw stop posting in these forums, I told you so, if you don't you're nothing but a hypocrite. Because for some reason, you believe your rights, behaviour and actions should be at the behest of others for barely defined reasons and if you have the say if other peoples lives then surely you have to accept orders from others to your own life.

10+ Year Old Account
    What audacity, do you have a god complex?

Btw stop posting in these forums, I told you so, if you don't you're nothing but a hypocrite. Because for some reason, you believe your rights, behaviour and actions should be at the behest of others for barely defined reasons and if you have the say if other peoples lives then surely you have to accept orders from others to your own life.
    I can post on these forums if I want to.

If I see someone at the edge of a bridge, the right thing to do would try to talk them out of it and let them know that there is hope. This is why there are suicide prevention hotlines.

Please don't flame me again.

If I see someone at the edge of a bridge, the right thing to do would try to talk them out of it and let them know that there is hope. This is why there are suicide prevention hotlines.

So basically you believe that some random person on the internet doesn't have the right to tell you what to do. Take your own advice next time.

lol flaming, get over yourself.

We should do what we can to make their final days as peaceful as possible. Not give them the means to end their life. That's not right!

Sounds like quite a slippery slope. How long before people try to get the disabled, the poor or mentally ill to follow suit?
    What the hell is wrong with you? Make final days peaceful? Do you even understand why assisted suicides exist? Precisely because WE CANNOT make those final days peaceful. Out medicine can't help them stop suffering.

And no, mentally ill will not get it, because they can't make the decision themselves, poor also, because no one sane would agree that being poor is reason enough.
    Disabled? I am pretty sure quadriplegics can get it already. When the only thing you can do is blink and no one can't help you, yeah, I would say that counts.

That's different to what's happening here. There is no hope for these people, whereas there might be for the person on the bridge, they just can't see it due to their troubles. Their life is guaranteed to get worse before it ends, which isn't that long away.

10+ Year Old Account

What part of 'terminal disease' escapes you exactly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.