Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by George Costanza View Post

Yeah I dunno about the artifact stuff though. They are mostly game mechanics with AP and stuff. AP might exist in lore but the stuff they add isnt that much. Sure they help but they dont make us into gods, we were demigods in WoD taking down guys like Archimonde Sargeras Top lieutenant, Basically the Dragon of Sargeras. (darth vader to sargeras/kjs emperor)
    We still get carried by like pillars of creation/Khadgar/Illidan/Velen, or even Malfurion/Ysera, doing the things maybe not so directly, but even Gul'dan needed power from Eye of aman'thul.

They can easily make us more " weak " without all the crazy named items and helping npcs even if many of them are dead right now.

7.3 is too early to know the actual raid encounter story/help we get.

Agree with the OP. I see the issue as one of a lack of balance. Meaning in life sometimes you win and sometimes you lose and when I say lose, I mean lose big. In WOW you can't really lose. This issue of how to strike a balance in an virtual world between "real world" affects and game play experience have always been an issue. But the fact is that from the very beginning of WOW and in fact most games in general, the PC is always the ultimate god. No matter what the game is designed in order to present a large challenge that ultimately at some point the PC is going to beat. The difference with MMOs is that they offer the opportunity for a never ending form of game play based on various forms of checks and balances, IF the developers choose to implement them.

The promise of MMOs is that as you do things, the world reacts and evolves to counter your actions, something like real life. WOW has never had this type of game play. WOW is a theme park on rails. The bosses and baddies sit there like animated mannequins at the exact same spot waiting for you to come kill them like a circus theme park like Disney land. And under that scenario you are bound to become god like with no real opposition. And this is something that could be addressed in WOW but the current format is probably not going to change anytime soon.

In my version of Legion, they would have established new Legion outposts all over the in game world and even infiltrated into the "alternate draenor". This would create a world wide fight against armies of the legion at their various new outposts, which are corrupting lands and populations to their will. Our "heroes" would be up to their necks in fights all over the planet to hold off this onslaught. The fights would involve gathering information on all the various legion commanders and mini bosses leading the assault, coming up with tactics and strategies to defeat each base and doing "epic deeds" to not only push back the legion but begin removing the corruption. This would be epic scale combat on every part of Azeroth, with very few parts of the world un-touched. Class order halls would exist to teach the classes more powerful techniques and spells and to give rewards based on deeds during this major campaign. Of course these Legion enemies would be no push overs and keep coming in waves. So there would be plenty of opportunities for ACTIVITY BASED epic and legendary rewards outside of dungeons. So Paladins would have an opportunity at legendary items based on how many of x demons were killed or how much "cleansing with holy light" they brought. Demon hunters how many demons they slaughtered and demonic relics acquired. Night elves how much corruption they reversed in the world, etc. Healers how much healing they did. NOt this just do a static WQ and get lootz nonsense. After a good 6 months of this constant campaign of endless war, the outcome would be that some heroes have finally won back some territory and are kind of close to recapturing some key parts of territory in the old world, with new knowledge, experience and intel about the legion and their weaknesses. NOW they are ready to move on to some raids and take on some world bosses who show up as reinforcements. These would be not downable by even 200 players on a server initially. So they would pretty much show up and begin wrecking shop and spawning more elite minions for us to chew through slowly. Of course this devastation would leave permanent marks all over Azeroth. And slowly we would again battle back against these demons to eventually drop some of these world bosses as the trigger for the next stage of the game. The next stage would be regrouping with the rest of the valiant defenders from across Azeroth and beginning to take the fight to the main legion encampent on The broken Shore. That would cue a massive in game scenario were hundreds of ships and siege engines from all the various factions of azeroth begin the assault on the broken shore and we are there for the whole thing lasting over weeks in real in game time. Major lore characters die or are captured in real in game time. And all along the way 'our heroes' are still learning and gaining power for the final push. Of course this kind of game play would last longer and possibly span two whole expansions because of all the epic combat that is properly fitting of a legion assault. Argus would be a whole expansion to itself after we finished defeating the bosses on Azeroth. But in the process, there would be major losses on Azeroth as well. Some things, not just NPC leaders, would be gone for good.
    Last edited by InfiniteCharger; 2017-06-30 at 02:36 AM.

Power creep is common and expected in this genre. It's like any good ol' D&D game that's lasted for years with a group of friends, you start it with encounters against mutant rat creatures, wolf attacks, and bandit ambushes and finish it by usurping the deity pantheon.

Agree... so where wow is going to stop? I asked my friends that play if they really know how much they character hits nowdays or just see the DPS mark on Skada or similars, they say they only look skada cuz numbers are blablabla too crazy and high.

Thats it, WoW is turning into Diablo Rifts with RNG everything

Also the lore is going more insane than ever, look the Horde, guys complaining they have no leader or any shit, its because all focus are on the Star Wars happening, Jedis, Sabers, planets, gods... I feel so boring to believe all characters are god..

Also blizzard is amazing in creating new things, new places, maps, but also amazing in forget how good they did it in past, look all continents abandoned, so many historys, adventures, all shit going around... But we have to focus only in the terrible evil of UNIVERSE creators, destroyers

I feel the next expansion for sure we will have a spaceship and travel around universe killing gods!

If Blizzard were smart about this, much of the power players have would be 'sacrificed' or some such thing at the end of this expansion to defeat the final whatever we're going to go up against and save Azeroth (I highly doubt we're going to face Sargeras in any sort of pure form, but who knows). This is likely what will destroy our artifact weapons as well, which provides a nice reason why they won't be used in the follow up expansion.

Definitely not an easy thing to get right from the developers point of view, as they want each raid tier to feel like progression from the last one so that rewards stay rewarding. If raids were flat in this sense, it would kill replay value entirely for most of the population, and you'd see even greater player churn. Scaling does solve a good deal of this, but it's a very hard sell to a playerbase conditioned as this one is.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    I think the Class Order storylines have been great.

Always felt odd to kill all those bosses and never be acknowledged as anything but an "adventurer" or "hero". We're still pretty damned small in relations to the major lore characters though.

- - - Updated - - -

Different strokes and all that.
    Lol?

Small compared to lore characters? What rock are you living under.

That's exactly what the problem is with the storytelling. We are equal or even BETTER than major lore characters. We've reached the point that if our character disappears or dies Azeroth is doomed and gone.

It's horrible writing.

Yet you say we are small compared to other lore characters lol

and space ships don't for get that. and is there air on that planet

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Warcraft's plot has jumped the shark and it's become awful as a result. Threat creep is real, and this game has become a bad satire of the worst comic books.
    Not even close to being anything like the comics, otherwise they would have rebooted the universe twice already. Funny thing about your so called threat creep, they have not added anything. Legion invasion? You mean just like War of the Ancients and, to a lesser degree, Warcraft 3?

Becuase just being a nameless adventuarer who picks up bear asses for pennies and going up mountains to pick flowers gets old real fast!

The point is we start out with just a shirt on our backs and a worn out axe and we expect to end the most powerful hero the world has ever known just like other named heroes who started out the same.

The thing with each xpac is that there is always side quests that let you get back down to earth but the main bread and butter is facing off the big bad at the end.

Me personally i love being the leader of my class and a hero cause i sure as shit cant do that in real life but i can be that nobody who picks flowers for pennies for some stranger!

If you dont like it then just hit level 50 and stop!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmatrix View Post
    Not even close to being anything like the comics, otherwise they would have rebooted the universe twice already. Funny thing about your so called threat creep, they have not added anything. Legion invasion? You mean just like War of the Ancients and, to a lesser degree, Warcraft 3?
    No, in that regard the Legion has been underwhelming and awful. I'm talking about interstellar coalitions that are going to be going up against Titans.

The progression we are having is the one that seems natural to me. We are fighting bigger and bigger threats, because we removed all the lesser ones. I am not really thrilled by the whole space ship thing, but I enjoyed the class hall, the Broken Shore, and I have a feeling Argus is going to rock. People never seem to be happy or maybe they don't want to be happy and just want to cry. It's the only logical to fight bigger and bigger threats, as lower lvl characters (working their way to become what max lvl character is) are handling smaller threats. Apart from that, bigger numbers are there for in game purposes, there is no way around it for a game that is 7 expansions away from the vanilla one. And also, we fought big threats before, even in vanilla:C'Tun,Kil'Jaedan,Nef,Lich King, etc. and no one had any problems that 25 of us killed the Lich King not to talk about Titanforged, which are supposed to be infused by Titan souls themselves after they were defeated by Sargeras.

Oh noes, your character hasn't remained a Nobody McKillboars for over a decade. How horrible.

I mean, ignoring the fact that your character took down a boss that Titan Watchers had to group up to take down within the first two years of the game. Nah, it's just now that it stretches suspension of disbelief for you that a group of farmer children can take on a threat that should logically be able to squash them without second thought.

Sounds kinda.. arbitrary to me. A little convenient.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by artline View Post
    Hi everyone!

Have you feel that WoW is receiving some of Diablo shit things?

Insane power escalation
    RNG drops of insane itens
    RNG damaging
    Killing gods, angels, devils or anyone that join the history we are not capable of killing.

I miss the old World of Warcraft they when you were having adventures in Boot Bay or even during the climbing of Northrend mountains! This was adventure! WoW was cool when you could connect and join a fantasy world with good feelings.

Nowdays we are only fighting gods, super gods, mega gods, alfa, omega, hitting millions, billions, trillions, wearing the most powerfull things of galaxy and beyond.

Who is driving the megalomaniac plan for World of Warcraft have to stop, next expansion what?
    Eacher player receive your own sentinax to attack other planets
    Now your weapon is a phone where you command your army
    Your new enemy is the world before the big bang, because gul dan had time traveled before the big bang to change the formula of water
    BRAND NEW! you can play wow using your Steering Wheel to pilot your sentinax!
    Bonus: Purchase in pre order and receive extra nitro and customized colors for your sentinax!

Wtf is happening, serious!

I remember when we had a bad evil tribe of trolls! Your enemy was the bad guy of school...
    please stop be megalomaniac, Warcraft was much more interesting than World of Insanity

IF someone enjoy the megalomaniac idea, please give your view, i want learn how to love it too.
    Imean to me that was obvious with the Legendary System straight outa Diablo 3, also remember half of the Diablo 3 team was transfered to WoW... which I initially thought was a good Idea, more people to work on stuff, but Instead they brought their Diablo 3 ideas with them... bloody Idiots, WoW Isn't Diablo 3 stop maknig It that way.

It Is a bit silly, I mean ever since WoD since we were made the "General" of our garrisons and the entire expedition force, before that we were just jolly random Adventurers, with nothing Important on our mind just going to the next dungeon, getting the weapon, soaking In the story and the enviroment and moving to the next dungeon.. and on occasion help great heroes and lore characters do their thing, like with the Horde/Alliance siege of Orgrimmar, like Thrall & the Dragon Aspects VS Deathwing, I liked those at the very least because It wasn't -us- but we helped lore characters of Import achieve that.

Imagine If -we- were Ashbringer during Wrath, If instead of Tirion, an Interesting character and other characters growing beside him It'd just be you, a random whoever now suddenly wielding Ashbringer, with no personality to speak of, background or story... which of those Is more Interesting?

I'd love to be just an adventurer again, 7.3's entire Idea of... from what looks like us facing an embodiment of Argus' world soul Is just too much, and If that's actually Sargeras? Well fudge me, we've gone too far... I'd rather him and all of these gods and devils remain a mystery to us, something we discuss and theorize about, or gets hints towards what might be happening up there In the heavens while we puny mortals adventure around In our tralala land...

It is silly, what I'd really want Is another, entirely new planet to explore, new races, new landscapes, new everything...
    Permabanned on WoW since April 14th 2015, main acc I had since vanilla gone and trashed for no good reason, 6+ years later still banned with more appeals resulting in my BATTLENET games being suspended for a month eachtime I try making TICKETS because I'm asking for help with the perma ban. Blizzard has stopped caring for their first veteran players and would rather we leave, considering the Lawsuit, can you afford to keep peps banned even for so long under questionable circumstances?

Deleted
    As someone already said, World of Warcraft as a lore project died with Arthas.

Worst part is this:

Lesser and Greater Rift Keystone

Charged Riftstone: "Allows entry into Lesser Rifts and Greater Rifts."
    Depleted Riftstone: "Allows entry into Lesser Rifts."

7.3 is even more diablocraft.
    Money talks, bullshit walks..

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    The same can be said for those odd individuals that like, say, Tauren Paladins.
    Shouldn't all races be able to be paladin's? Would that be the true meaning of "the light", if you consider how some idiots IRL are "saved" and all that nonsense, being a priest or a paladin is simply that. I've always felt one of the logic races to become a paladin was the Forsaken. What better way to display your dedication to the light than to be constantly burning in its presence, but your conviction is so strong that it doesn't matter!

Anyone can be saved, if they are touched and they believe. My Tauren believes... he believes that the only good alliance is a dead one. For Taurajo. For Cairne. For the Horde!
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Its funny because sometime we are killing UNIVERSE CREATORS, 10 minutes after you are doing a world quest for random NPCS collecting flowers hahahahha

TOTALLY LOGICAL

Also about someone who mentioned that "when you start your character you do the lesser tasks and them u start do important ones."
    Serious? Do we have any gameplay at low level? When u buy legion you get insta level 100 character and is already fighting the ultimate evil. Also the low level experience is super fast passed because as i said, blizz do amazing things and also they are amazing in leaving their cool things behind, they don't give a fuck about all they did before, all maps abandoned and focus on the dark green island.

Quote Originally Posted by artline View Post
    Its funny because sometime we are killing UNIVERSE CREATORS, 10 minutes after you are doing a world quest for random NPCS collecting flowers hahahahha

TOTALLY LOGICAL
    When?

It's not the Titans, because they are far from the universe's creators. They don't even create any planets. The clash of light and void are what created the Great Dark Beyond.

And we don't know anything about Eonar and Aggramar in the new raid, but it's unlikely that they are THE TITANS, as in at full power since Sargeras killed them all. And if they were, they definitely wouldn't be helping the Legion. Current theory is that they are husks filled with either random energy or with what part of their soul Sargeras somehow managed to salvage.

10+ Year Old Account
    The game has always had power creep but no it's not as insane as it was during WoD. WoD had literally insane power creep with the lege ring.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    The biggest problem with WoW isn't the story, or where it's headed.
    It's the fact that the game has been around for ~13 years.
    In the beginning, it was stopping trolls, building to the defeat of the elemental lord Ragnaros!
    It was huge!
    But, where do you go from there? Let's kill a dragon! Let's kill a lich raising the dead! Let's kill an Old flippin' God!
    It escalates because the threats have to keep getting bigger, exactly what you would expect, else you would feel deflated.
    Just think, if you were asked to kill a normal troll tribe or minor threat, your response is "over 13 years (IRL), I've killed elemental lords, dragons, old gods, the lich king, countless armies, demon lords, monsters, aberrations, etc, so why am I bothering with this?"

Basically, think of it like real life.
    Vanilla, you were an average joe. You did average joe things that eventually led to defeating large threats.
    Because of this, in BC you were now part of city council. You heard and voted on things that mattered for a good number of people.
    Wrath, you moved up and began running for mayor. You loved your city and fought hard for it, to keep everyone as safe as possible.
    Cata was your campaign for governor. It was rough, as old issues popped their heads up, but you persevered.
    MoP saw you running for Congress, you wanted to seek out and tackle the big issues that are affecting everyone in your state, you wanted to fight for them.
    WoD, you became a senior member, you held sway over your allies, you spent tireless hours trying to accomplish your goal.
    Now, with Legion, you are Secretary of State, you are so close to your dream and only answer to a very select few. You are almost the alpha dog (answering only to Khadgar and the Kirin Tor, it seems).

See, evolution happens.
    Your player character (regardless of when you started) is assumed to have ended a shit load of threats to the planet, other planets, alternate universes, and now is about to step foot on a planet that I'm not even sure how far away it actually is.

You don't call your Congressman because you got into a fender bender, and you don't call on our hero characters because a small band of trolls is causing trouble.