Thread: Disc nerf

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Again though, people have a point - if you're adding a talent or spell specifically to do something that could be achieved with a respec, and for no reasonable other purpose, there's no point adding it. Just fucking respec and spam holy nova. The options there, you shouldn't "NEED" to have a suitable tool to do old content solos "easily" in every spec in the game, because it's not relevant. Nothing stops you from doing that old content, either, it's just not as quick without an AOE button (and lets be fair - it's not like resto shamans much better off, with a 4-target limited chain lightning on a long cast time. By the time they've killed the 4 mobs with a CL cast, you've thrown out 3 SWPs).
    I'm not asking for addig it just for that, purpose, but I do no think adding it and giving it te exact same problems our other spec has would be stupid.
    Shadow already has the problem that they need to dot up a target then channel another spell on it to deal AoE damage which in low level content means they have to take a special talent so they can add that dot indirectly because doing it the direct way would kill the target via initial damage of the dot.
    Why would we wan to add the same type of AoE damage mechanic to disc that already makes shadow spec holy when they want to do old content?
    That is insane.
    Inverse atonement is much better, mechanic wise.
    Just have a talent make plea (and possbly dhadowmend) do some minor splash damage around the target.
    That would be something on the level of incrased smite absorb, would do the job of tagging and low level dungeons and would be situational.

You see my real compaint is that we have two specs without proper tools to do old content solo, so why would someone go and copy the idiotic setup that does not work for our other spec and make it worse (penance has a cd)?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Supliftz View Post
    What do you think is more likely to happen. Blizzard creating an entirely new spell in this expansion, or buffing the numbers of a spell?

Buffing Divine Star fixes your problem, and also makes it a viable raid talent.
    I'd rather they keep the numbers and reduce the CD, but that would make it little more useful in raids because of the GCD cost.

10+ Year Old Account
    the spell is bad in raids because the numbers are bad lol. even if dstar had a 2 second cd, you wouldn't cast it over smite.

the spell is bad in raids because the numbers are bad lol. even if dstar had a 2 second cd, you wouldn't cast it over smite.
    That's what I said.
    The numbers it brings are not worth the cost of a GCD.
    Still, I'd rather have the CD reduced than the numbers improved.
    For raids there is still Halo to be improved upon.

DS would be great for tagging groups out in the world and for old content if it was usable more frequenly.
    No need to make it viable for use in raids over other spells.

10+ Year Old Account
    lol so its a good idea for blizzard to "buff" a talent for old content instead of buffing it for current content.

why not just press n and hit the holy icon, keybind holy nova to mousewheel, and do old content like that?

lol so its a good idea for blizzard to "buff" a talent for old content instead of buffing it for current content.

why not just press n and hit the holy icon, keybind holy nova to mousewheel, and do old content like that?
    lol so it's a good idea for blizzard to "buff" a class

why not just press esc and hit the logout button, create a new character, and play the game like that?

bad argument is bad

also, nice job continuing to push this nonsensical "aoe is only used in old content" meme

Power Word: Radiance A burst of light heals the target and 4 injured allies within 30 yards a friendly target and their 4 nearest allies for [ 250% of Spell Power ], and applies Atonement for 60% of its normal duration. Can be cast in Spirit of Redemption. Can't be cast in Shadowform. Priest - Discipline Spec. 6.5% of Base Mana. 40 yd range. 2 sec cast.
    So this just appeared in 7.3 PTR...

Quote Originally Posted by Nariera View Post
    So this just appeared in 7.3 PTR...
    Tooltip bug. Happens in literally every PTR build that changes spells.

In the previous PTR, Holy Nova had "cannot be cast in shadowform" on it, and I think PWS had "can be cast in spirit of redemption" as well.
    Last edited by anon5123; 2017-06-29 at 03:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Tooltip bug. Happens in literally every PTR build that changes spells.

In the previous PTR, Holy Nova had "cannot be cast in shadowform" on it, and I think PWS had "can be cast in spirit of redemption" as well.
    The "their 4 nearest allies" instead of "injured allies" is the important part.

Quote Originally Posted by laplacedemon View Post
    The "their 4 nearest allies" instead of "injured allies" is the important part.
    Don't see why they'd suddenly nerf it to not prioritize injured targets, after specifically going out of their way to make it prioritize injured targets, in this patch.

Still assuming it's a tooltip error.

World quests are current content.
    Why leave a talent spot unused?

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    World quests are current content.
    Why leave a talent spot unused?
    Why leave an entire spec unused?

10+ Year Old Account
    the pwr change is a tooltip bug

no change actually happened

Quote Originally Posted by worcester View Post
    again, this whole bullshit of "lol just change specs" is a very, very bad way to look at class balance, because you are acknowledging that one class/spec is worse than another, and openly refusing to do anything about it.

This isn't vanilla anymore, classes aren't intentionally designed to be broken and unbalanced.

Which spec?
    Are you sure you know what I'm arguing for?

again, this whole bullshit of "lol just change specs" is a very, very bad way to look at class balance, because you are acknowledging that one class/spec is worse than another, and openly refusing to do anything about it.

This isn't vanilla anymore, classes aren't intentionally designed to be broken and unbalanced.
    No use crying at me. In any case, it's clear different specs are better at things than others and the devs aren't shy about it. If anything, doing world/solo content is certainly not the priority of balance discussions. You could say shadow is more deserved of an aoe spell than disc, and that's an opinion.

Also, looking at the state of 7.3 it's more and more likely that disc will eventually get an aoe damage spell despite all the nagging.

- - - Updated - - -

Which spec?
    Are you sure you know what I'm arguing for?
    Well if you put it that way... what exactly are you arguing for?

it's clear different specs are better at things than others
    Not sure what WoW you're playing, but the one I've been playing has been homogenizing classes more and more and more to make sure that niches are small.

Disc completely lacking an AoE spell doesn't fit with that.

Well if you put it that way... what exactly are you arguing for?
    I'm arguing the following:

Divine Star is an unused talent that only ever gets picked if you want some more frequent AoE to tag something or kill something in old content because its numbers are so low. Therefore it would be nice if they removed it's CD as a fix so it would be a bit better for those uses. Its numbers are so bad that it doesn't get used because of the GCD cost in most cases, so the removal of the CD would not change the balancing of the spec in dungeons and raids.

Alternatively it I would like this talent to be replaced with one that adds minor splash damage to plea--inverse atonement so to say. Said splash damage would not cause atonement healing. For basically the same uses, just with adding a minor choice for dungeons and raids.

The last talent in that row--Halo-- would still be available for those who want a big AoE on a long CD. Not that anyone takes it right now.

In short I have seen a minor opportunity to make a quality of life improvement for the spec that would not have much im pact on balancing and a talent row with two unused talent spots one of which has an ability that looks like it is intended to fill this but falls short. I propose a solution.

Mend argues that we could spec Holy instead--Shadow has the same shortcoming.

- - - Updated - - -

Disc completely lacking an AoE spell doesn't fit with that.
    What is worse: Shadow has the same shortcoming, which leaves only Holy.
    That is an embarrasment.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand how the solution of lowering the CD of divine star to 2 seconds is a better alternative to buffing the damage it does significantly?

One solution is only relevant for when people are too lazy to change specs for raid solos/*maybe world quests*, the other solution makes the talent viable for M+, raids, old content, wq's, etc.

They don't make talents for disc priests doing dragon soul, they make talents for disc priests doing Legion Content LOL

I don't understand how the solution of lowering the CD of divine star to 2 seconds is a better alternative to buffing the damage it does significantly?

One solution is only relevant for when people are too lazy to change specs for raid solos/*maybe world quests*, the other solution makes the talent viable for M+, raids, old content, wq's, etc.

They don't make talents for disc priests doing dragon soul, they make talents for disc priests doing Legion Content LOL
    Because the spell that should get its damage buffed should be the one with the longer CD: Halo.

We have two useless AoE talents, one with a shot CD and pitiful numbers and one with slightly better numbers that are too low for its CD.
    Thus, they should lower the CD of the one that already has a lower CD and improve the numbers of the other one.
    That would give us both an AoE with no CD for tagging and stuff and one to deal damage with.
    Right now both are useless.

But keep in mind that improving the numbers creates a blancing problem, but you know that, you propose it just because that would allow you to turn around (again!) and dismiss the proposal because of that.

Just change specs (to holy, because the other spec has the same problem), is not an answer, why not change games then?
    Why stop as specs or classes?
    Diablo has nice AoE for all its classes and specs.
    Last edited by Noradin; 2017-06-30 at 10:27 AM.

Because the spell that should get its damage buffed should be the one with the longer CD: Halo.

We have two useless AoE talents, one with a shot CD and pitiful numbers and one with slightly better numbers that are too low for its CD.
    Thus, they should lower the CD of the one that already has a lower CD and improve the numbers of the other one.
    That would give us both an AoE with no CD for tagging and stuff and one to deal damage with.
    Right now both are useless.

But keep in mind that improving the numbers creates a blancing problem, but you know that, you propose it just because that would allow you to turn around (again!) and dismiss the proposal because of that.

Just change specs (to holy, because the other spec has the same problem), is not an answer, why not change games then?
    Why stop as specs or classes?
    Diablo has nice AoE for all its classes and specs.
    No point in arguing with him, m8. He's just going to keep regurgitating the same "old content lololol just change specs lololol!!1!!" that he has been.