Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    The warrior nerf made sense. Ignore pain was awesome in dungeons at the start of the expansion. Sure they might not have been super op in raids, but healing a warrior in dungeons at launch was jarringly easy and you literally couldn't do more hps than they did.
    The problem with ignore pain was its scaling with attack power and not with damage intake, and while warriors do get rage from damage taken it's not enough in the big picture to say ignore pain scales with damage taken.

Problem with abilities that scale with attack power is usually that tank AP doesn't grow as fast as the damage to the tank across the expansion (as otherwise tank dps would reach crazy levels), and these kind of abilities are "OP" when the damage intake is fairly low but get outscaled fast when the damage intake grows exponentially.

There was similar problem with self-healing tanks when their heals only scaled off AP, so for example they made death strike and frienzied regen scale with damage taken within last x seconds. Maybe some similar treatment should be applied to ignore pain?

Because at this rate if you spend x rage to apply ironfur and it's % damage reduction it's "stronger" the more damage you take, while if you spend x rage to apply ignore pain that has a specific flat cap how much it absorbs it becomes weaker the more damage you take because it depletes in no time.

All tanks are great balanced. IF survivability is a thing in super high end progress, like top 20 world, monk and druids are very very minor ahead, cause of their smooth damage income, but all of this only matters IF survivability is a real thing, that hasn't been the case for me at least in ages.

So good job blizzard.

In my opinion,it's Bear>monk>DK>Paladin>DH>Warrior,but the whole thing is way closer than it used to be,you don't have bear miles ahead of monk,and monk miles ahead of the rest like you used to.Except on Avatar where monks are the best for mechanical reasons (that speed increase taunt is hot),you can bring any tank in your raid without having them falling in a crushing depression because they don't play bear.All tanks are more or less competitive now

Bears still feel like the safest picks for MTs, followed by Monks.

Stood in the Fire KrotosTheTank's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    In my opinion,it's Bear>monk>DK>Paladin>DH>Warrior,but the whole thing is way closer than it used to be,you don't have bear miles ahead of monk,and monk miles ahead of the rest like you used to.Except on Avatar where monks are the best for mechanical reasons (that speed increase taunt is hot),you can bring any tank in your raid without having them falling in a crushing depression because they don't play bear.All tanks are more or less competitive now
    I wouldn't put warr last on that list, esp when you consider that you named the monk taunt, something that warr can talent into (and unfortunately should with T20).

Quote Originally Posted by KrotosTheTank View Post
    I wouldn't put warr last on that list, esp when you consider that you named the monk taunt, something that warr can talent into (and unfortunately should with T20).
    The warrior isn't last because it's bad,it's last because others are better,but in a very slight way.

Deleted
    I'd still agree with Sco, even with all the nerfs that came after the video.

Monks > Druids > DK > Pala > Warrior > DH.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    The warrior isn't last because it's bad,it's last because others are better,but in a very slight way.
    Not true. Warriors are in a good place in ToS. A lot of physical blockable damage especially on KJ

Hello everyone, I only played my druid so far in 7.2.5 and only in M+, considering the new scaling and the mark of ursol removal, plus the small nerf to armor buff, I feel like a paper bear in certain dungeons on tyranical for +14+15. I'm still playing with wrists/pants as as before 7.2.5 but aparently I'm forced to switch to a frenzied regen approach+ fully defensive legendaries and trinkets, witch is not fun anymore. Also it's quite frustrating that, if I decide to not raid much this tier, I'll fall behind for M+ runs, hopefully I can get my Ilvl up without being dependent on tomb.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by groparu View Post
    Hello everyone, I only played my druid so far in 7.2.5 and only in M+, considering the new scaling and the mark of ursol removal, plus the small nerf to armor buff, I feel like a paper bear in certain dungeons on tyranical for +14+15. I'm still playing with wrists/pants as as before 7.2.5 but aparently I'm forced to switch to a frenzied regen approach+ fully defensive legendaries and trinkets, witch is not fun anymore. Also it's quite frustrating that, if I decide to not raid much this tier, I'll fall behind for M+ runs, hopefully I can get my Ilvl up without being dependent on tomb.
    You are now on other tanks levels what can you do
    Oh yeah, you can do anything other tanks do, like build defensively, or learn to deal with damage instead of ironfur spam i ignore mechanix eksdee; magical dmg? i dont care mou lul; i fucked up? 4 CDs on top of my overpowered kit lololol.
    Bears are still one if not the best tank at high m+ keys, close to pallys that are only better because they benefit a lot from lego pants on m+. For the record i have a ~89X druid and i have a better time in terms of mitigation on 10+ keys than i have on my DK or my pally that are 920.

Quote Originally Posted by Kylusen View Post
    Don't forget that 1st boss spell reflect either! curious if it will carry over on mythic being able to do that
    You just mean the damage reduction component for the tank debuff's DoT right? Or is it actually able to be reflected?

Have to say on my pally it feels like I stood still while all the other tanks got buffed around me. We didn't change much, lost damage from artifact and blinding light, but otherwise pretty much the same. In the past, no matter who I tanked with, I'd generally see after the raid that I'd taken less damage, done more damage, done more self healing so required less... That's not true anymore. I still feel strong in M+, but sort of mediocre in raids, despite hitting 920-equipped today.

My wee warrior alt feels much tankier now that it's mostly physical damage rather than magic.

My VDH is crazy fun. His guild is casual so it may be a while before he even pulls H-KJ, unless I pug it, but everything else feels fine so far.

What do the most recent logs show?

Quote Originally Posted by The Cheat View Post
    You just mean the damage reduction component for the tank debuff's DoT right? Or is it actually able to be reflected?
    you can reflect the 1st bosses Burning Armor ability so it never comes out, if you use it when dbm says there is 3 seconds left before it comes out you should be able to catch everyone of them, and it does work on the mythic version of the fight

What do warriors do better than demon hunters just out of curiosity? What will a warrior live through that a demon hunter wont?

Honestly the only boss in the entire instance that feels "ehhh" on a demon hunter is kiljadaen, and thats because felclaws is a 50s ability and so we dont get to line up our brand is a 1 minute CD, so we have to get an external sometimes, but other than that it seems pretty easy to tank and do lots of DPS.

I get that other tanks are more survivable, but with a little planning seems like most tank mechanics are pretty doable at least in heroic on any tank class by anybody who isn't a mouthbreathing drooling noob, and the fact that demon hunters do so much dps should probably count a little more in their favor.

Quote Originally Posted by Killface1 View Post
    What do warriors do better than demon hunters just out of curiosity? What will a warrior live through that a demon hunter wont?

Honestly the only boss in the entire instance that feels "ehhh" on a demon hunter is kiljadaen, and thats because felclaws is a 50s ability and so we dont get to line up our brand is a 1 minute CD, so we have to get an external sometimes, but other than that it seems pretty easy to tank and do lots of DPS.

I get that other tanks are more survivable, but with a little planning seems like most tank mechanics are pretty doable at least in heroic on any tank class by anybody who isn't a mouthbreathing drooling noob, and the fact that demon hunters do so much dps should probably count a little more in their favor.
    Even on KJ, you just equip the legendary boots and brand is up for every felclaw. If we're just talking KJ paladins get fucked far worse on that fight then VDH and have to play near perfect to not die on heroic.

VDH is fine, much better place then in NH. Top tank dps by far, best mistress tanks by far(with the adds you can easily do 400-500k hps on this fight), best host tanks by far(damage is pretty irrelevant so dps wins) and pretty damn good overall for Maiden and Avatar.

Really it comes down to if you're bleeding edge under geared progression. If you are, Brewmaster wins by far and Gaurdian/BDK trail behind after it. Any other situation? All tank specs are in a good place, play the one you have the most fun with.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2017-06-30 at 04:18 AM.

VDH or protpally for m+? Maybe it's not such a big difference now? I read here that VDH is crazy fun now and feels like a tank compared to before.
    I wanna recommend my brother a tank, and it's between pally or DH. Not the best player, so something intuitive and a bit forgiving.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Killface1 View Post
    Felclaws and armageddons on KJ are negligible for warriors as they are both blockable

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cetraben View Post
    ITT: People saying all tanks are in an equal spot are ones who either play Bear/Monk/DK, or don't tank at all.
    As usual, all specs are equal but some specs are more equal than others.

No, seriously, some tanking specs are just more suited for certain encounters, like warriors being able to block felclaw, or monks being able to Zen armageddon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    As usual, all specs are equal but some specs are more equal than others.

No, seriously, some tanking specs are just more suited for certain encounters, like warriors being able to block felclaw, or monks being able to Zen armageddon.
    And then theres prot pala, then again clearly the term balance isnt a word that you understand. More equal than others = not balanced.

#RIpPanthea, you know balance sucks when our 930 main tank prot pala rerolls his 907 monk in 2nd mythic night and is tankier and has more HP than his main.
    These day's Im washed, playing VRchat instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanines View Post
    And then theres prot pala, then again clearly the term balance isnt a word that you understand. More equal than others = not balanced.

#RIpPanthea, you know balance sucks when our 930 main tank prot pala rerolls his 907 monk in 2nd mythic night and is tankier and has more HP than his main.
    I ditched my warrior in NH due to all the magic damage and rolled to a Prot Paladin. The massive spike damage on a prot paladin in Tomb makes my butt clench way too often. Thinking about going back to the warrior.