Page 25 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoibert the Bear View Post
    There's probably a whole lot more to this story than just the glimpse that Buzzfeed is letting out.
    BuzzFeed exists purely to generate clicks, honest journalism isn't something they give a fuck about.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    I neve said anything about special protection for merely drunk people.
    yes you did.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    you are entitled to protection once you are passed out, not when you are wasted.
    You are entitled to protection at all times.
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    No, it's when you are unable to understand the nature and consequences of it. This can happen without passing out.
    yes - but that's very drunk - Thing's that happen before that point are, reduced inhibitions, impaired mental functions, and memory impairment.
    In short, its very plausible to drink a lot, be fully cognizant and consent to sex, and then Not remember a god damned thing.

15+ Year Old Account
    yes you did.
    Right, nothing about special protection for drunk people. You running on the street minding your business are entitled to protection and aren't expected to fight on your own just because you're sober.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Jabberwock View Post
    I know it is! And we're all still waiting for you to prove you're not a rapist, though. You can keep ignoring it all you like, but it just makes you guiltier and guiltier, you disgusting rapist.

I mean, it's gotta be easy to prove otherwise. That's what you expect of every man who gets accused of rape by a woman, right? And no one would *ever* make a false allegation, especially regarding something so "easy" to disprove. Amirite or amirite? Heck, even if the allegation gets dismissed by the cops, it still HAS to be true!!! IT JUST HAS TO! Because men are pigs and evil rapists, every last one of them! OMG! But, you know, you're an upstanding feminist who wants equal rights for everyone. As long as they don't have dicks, yeah?
    You seem to be talking to voices in your head.

Are you mentally ill?

15+ Year Old Account
    One question for the ones saying "how hard is it to not drink if you can't handle it?". How is that different to "how hard is it to not mess around with drunk people if you can't know how drunk they are or their real intentions"? Why are sober people relieved from acting responsible but drunk people should just live with the consequences of their actions?
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Deleted
    Right, nothing about special protection for drunk people. You running on the street minding your business are entitled to protection and aren't expected to fight on your own just because you're sober.
    From context its clear that i'm talking about the special extra protections we extend to people categorically unable to consent.

Deleted
    cops should be locked up for this, abuse of power

Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    You seem to be talking to voices in your head.

Are you mentally ill?
    Nope, but I notice you can't answer a direct question.

So prove you're not a rapist, rapist.

15+ Year Old Account
    From context its clear that i'm talking about the special extra protections we extend to people categorically unable to consent.
    Yep, you are, but not me.

Deleted
    First of all, this is Buzzfeed. Buzzfeed is NOT a credible new source. Ever. Does anyone have a proper news source for this? Also, even in the Buzzfeed article this mostly sounds like two people meeting, getting drunk and then involved with one another.

Interestingly enough. Sex is one of the very few cases where this protection is extended to ONE gender. If someone drinks and drives, we hold that person accountable. Even though by the same logic we shouldn't be able to. Kill someone while drunk? Well, they should've dodged that bullet. Now they made you a murderer!

Then again, this case seems to edge into "Jake and Josie" territory. Does anyone have a proper news source for it?

Yes, really. Consent to one act does not mean consent to another.
    Oh, I get that. So, do you often strip just for the fun of it? :P
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Also, even in the Buzzfeed article this mostly sounds like two people meeting, getting drunk and then involved with one another.
    The article is about the backward and reactionary laws in that state and the power of a family with money to subvert that system.

A lot of the reflexive anti-feminist crowd seem to be making out that the article says we should prosecute a guy on the basis of no evidence. It doesn't say that or imply that. It says the system makes collecting that evidence impossible. Unless they are misquoting the law in that state and the guy didn't buy his way out of a DUI with legal threats then it is accurate.

Possibly some people are doing this out of confusion or laziness, but in others it seems to be deliberate tangential deflection.
    Last edited by mmoc1414832408; 2017-06-30 at 09:00 AM.

One question for the ones saying "how hard is it to not drink if you can't handle it?". How is that different to "how hard is it to not mess around with drunk people if you can't know how drunk they are or their real intentions"? Why are sober people relieved from acting responsible but drunk people should just live with the consequences of their actions?
    They are not relieved from acting responsibly. But if a drunk chick wants to get nailed, I don't blame the sober guy for nailing her. She wanted to get nailed. What's the big deal? So she regrets it, she can cry a little about it like the gazillion other girls that make bad decisions on a daily basis and then she can move on. No pregnancy, no disease, no injury... then there is no foul. Heck, I've regretted some nights with girls that I had. Doesn't mean I can later decide I'll switch the label from "bad night" to "must have been rape" later.

Btw, ask the chick that got dragged from a dark park lane and forcibly raped, bruised, injured and had no chance of avoiding her fate despite physically defending herself (and quite probably gettning more injuries) if she thinks being drunk, getting fucked and then later chaning your mind is actually rape. What do you think?
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Oh, I get that. So, do you often strip just for the fun of it? :P
    Irrelevant, taking your clothes off is not consent to sex.
    Btw, ask the chick that got dragged from a dark park lane and forcibly raped, bruised, injured and had no chance of avoiding her fate despite physically defending herself (and quite probably gettning more injuries) if she thinks being drunk, getting fucked and then later chaning your mind is actually rape. What do you think?
    There's exactly zero people in this thread who claims regret is rape.

I would really like to know what crimes they were investigating her for. I'm not saying that this is at all what happened, but there is a version of this where she could have actually committed those crimes and tried using the rape accusation to garner sympathy or cover up her crimes, and when all of that backfired she killed herself. Again, I do not think that that is the most likely scenario, but I would like to know what the whole story is and not just what details Buzzfeed is letting out. Sadly, since no charges were ever made against her alleged attacker or against her for the crimes they were investigating her for, the evidence is probably not available to the public.

Again, before people start flaming on me, I don't think that the scenario I laid out is what happened, I'm saying that it is a possibility and that I would like more information to rule it out as a possibility.

Irrelevant, taking your clothes off is not consent to sex.

There's exactly zero people in this thread who claims regret is rape.
    Ok, so... why is the OP claiming rape again? Cos she did have sex, voluntarily, while drunk... and later talked herself into thinking she wants it to be rape. She even had to ask her friends what the rules are about that. Usually, when you're raped, you're pretty fucking certain are you not? Do you think you can be uncertain about being raped? May just a little raped? But otherwise it was okay, really?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital Dream View Post
    cops should be locked up for this, abuse of power
    Really? Did you even read the ridiculous click bait? Going to say you didn't and rather jumped at OP's misleading title and feigned outrage.

The word "allegedly" at the beginning of the article sums it up. And now she has topped herself it will sadly always be simply that, and allegation with nothing proven. Family are likely hoping for a settlement.

Ok, so... why is the OP claiming rape again? Cos she did have sex, voluntarily, while drunk... and later talked herself into thinking she wants it to be rape. She even had to ask her friends what the rules are about that. Usually, when you're raped, you're pretty fucking certain are you not? Do you think you can be uncertain about being raped? May just a little raped? But otherwise it was okay, really?
    I certainly believe that people can question whether something was that bad or not after it happened or if it happened as their memory says, it's not unheard of that people second guess themselves after experiencing something traumatic. I've done it myself when I've been groped in public transport but that's still sexual assault even if I questioned myself if it was so bad.
    Last edited by Freighter; 2017-06-30 at 09:16 AM.

Deleted
    Ok, so... why is the OP claiming rape again? Cos she did have sex, voluntarily, while drunk... and later talked herself into thinking she wants it to be rape.
    We don't know what happened. What you wrote is some bullshit you made up in your head.

I certainly believe that people can question whether something was that bad or not after it happened, it's not unheard of that people second guess themselves after experiencing something traumatic. I've done it myself when I've been groped in public transport but that's still sexual assault even if I questioned myself if it was so bad.
    If you question yourself if being groped was so bad, I think you may be dirtier than you pretend to be. But I'll leave you in your constant female state of self-doubt and worry and continue living in a country where this type of princess behaviour isn't yet tolerated. We're still trying to solve the actual rape problems before inventing new ones. Nobody gives a shit about a drunk chick doing a stupid decision when you're still trying to figure out how to help those women that actually, literally get raped.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    We don't know what happened. What you wrote is some bullshit you made up in your head.
    So... if we don't know what happened... you're assuming the dude raped her. That's it, when in doubt, assume guilty? Haha cute.