Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Is this true?

Sweet, about time, was needed!

It was starting to turn dull when things wasn't a danger.
    But we're a bunch of god tier heroes, we're tapping all kinds of top tier demonic/old god influenced monstrosities, we're not supposed to be struggling with a random fucking panther in highmountain or some pleb guard in suramar

Dude, I finished waves of Naga earlier on a Destruction Warlock at ~ilvl880 and didn't have almost any trouble aside from poor drop rates. This isn't FF14 where you can be in raid gear, pull the first mob in a new expansion zone and the moment you accidentally pull a second one you might as well start fleeing because it's a good 2 to 3 minute fight you will likely lose.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Trust me. In 7.3 they will do it again.

- Players can unlock the 5th level of each trait.
    - all mobs gain 40% more health/damage.

The increase, as mentioned before, was with 7.2. It didnt look at the moment to me that something changed in 7.2.5, and definitely not 40%.
    Overall, I am against ilvl scaling, but in small form it can be justified. 40% would be too much.

It's great tbh. The feeling of actual danger when you engage mobs in the levelling zones.

We had that a lot in Vanilla and to some extent in TBC. We even had a few areas in WotLK. Areas where you could feel the tension, because you could, you know, be KILLED! Like a Fel Reaver in Hellfire Peninsular in TBC. Great fun!

Suddenly, you need to plan your pulling. You group with others to kill stuff. You might even use CC to kill the mobs in sequence, instead of AoE-derping! It resembles the great stories that created MMOs, like Lord of the Rings and the Dragonlance novels. Instead of levelling being boringly easy, it becomes a fight to the death.

I like that they did this. I hope they will do it some more. Oh, and to the OP: It's still very easy, if you equip heirlooms.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitepaw View Post
    It's great tbh. The feeling of actual danger when you engage mobs in the levelling zones.

We had that a lot in Vanilla and to some extent in TBC. We even had a few areas in WotLK. Areas where you could feel the tension, because you could, you know, be KILLED! Like a Fel Reaver in Hellfire Peninsular in TBC. Great fun!

Suddenly, you need to plan your pulling. You group with others to kill stuff. You might even use CC to kill the mobs in sequence, instead of AoE-derping! It resembles the great stories that created MMOs, like Lord of the Rings and the Dragonlance novels. Instead of levelling being boringly easy, it becomes a fight to the death.

I like that they did this. I hope they will do it some more. Oh, and to the OP: It's still very easy, if you equip heirlooms.
    No, item level scaling was not part of Vanilla. The reason they need to do this is because of gear inflation, Titanforged and multiple difficulties. Convenience-based changes are biting them back hard. Oh and they want everyone to feel the true badass in the game, or have you forgotten that you are the leader of your class hall and next to legends?

The reason there is no danger in the world is not because there has been no item level scaling. It is bad design decisions and terribly easy leveling experience that is at fault. Stop mistaking cause and effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Peacekeeper Benhir View Post
    Pretty sure this just means you've led a charmed life? I mean, come on, they're quest mobs. Even with buffs they're no real challenge. Do some invasions, buy some 880 nethershard gear, fill in weak slots with 900 crafted gear, and you'll be melting all that stuff in no time.
    But again though. If all you have is gear you got for nethershards then the mobs scale up fast enough that you won't see much if any increase in time to kill.
    That is the damn problem. Gear does not matter as much as it used to or at all in some cases.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    But again though. If all you have is gear you got for nethershards then the mobs scale up fast enough that you won't see much if any increase in time to kill.
    That is the damn problem. Gear does not matter as much as it used to or at all in some cases.
    I've yet to find a quest mob that didn't die so fast I never thought about it much. I guess when I start finding those, I'll worry about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alassiel View Post
    But we're a bunch of god tier heroes, we're tapping all kinds of top tier demonic/old god influenced monstrosities, we're not supposed to be struggling with a random fucking panther in highmountain or some pleb guard in suramar
    Weeeeell, no. We're a bunch of joe schmuck random heroes given the duty of our class to take control because there weren't others willing, accepting or accepted to do so. If we were god tier, a little cliff shouldn't stop us.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

The change blows for a player like myself who doesn't raid, enjoys alts and has none above ilvl 870.

Old world content just got made more tedious because Blizzard can't keep raid gear power scaling in check.
    F2P: If you don't think it's worth my money, I don't think it's worth my time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    Yeah, this is such a problem that my 878 frost mage who hit 110 like 5 days ago takes TWO globals to kill something instead of one!
    I know, right? How dare these mobs die in 2-3 globals instead of one!
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Potentio View Post
    No, item level scaling was not part of Vanilla. The reason they need to do this is because of gear inflation, Titanforged and multiple difficulties. Convenience-based changes are biting them back hard. Oh and they want everyone to feel the true badass in the game, or have you forgotten that you are the leader of your class hall and next to legends?

The reason there is no danger in the world is not because there has been no item level scaling. It is bad design decisions and terribly easy leveling experience that is at fault. Stop mistaking cause and effect.
    Start reading what I actually wrote.

I wrote:

So yes please - more challenges in the open world of warcraft, also during levelling.