View Poll Results: Does it bother you when new areas ban flight?

Voters
558. This poll is closed
  • Yes, loss of flight bothers me.

132 23.66%
  • No, loss of flight doesn't bother me.

304 54.48%
  • I don't really care.

122 21.86%
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nah, I expected it given argus is going to be like timeless isle/ isle of thunder, molten front, etc...

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Just because my neck isn't that deep in their asses doesn't make me cynical. It's just an observation, and very true.
    The kind of response where you think anyone that doesn't agree with your hyperbole MUST BE UP BLIZZARDS ass does infact not make you cynical. It just makes you a moron.

Not in the least.

If they add another new zone in a future patch, I'd like Argus to be made flyable, but I have no problem with the final zone of an expansion being ground-locked.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    I know right, those tons of portals everywhere surely have a 15min loading screen in between

To OP; I give zero shits. Since basically every endgame Zone since TBC has had flight restrictions. So why would I care if it is any different.

- - - Updated - - -

So.... basically most MMO's aren't Open World since Flying is in very few of them? hurr durr.
    Context, dude. Try to get some.

Yes, of course it does.
    Blizzard has a habbit of designing zones to be as annoying as possible. Flying makes the game better in every way and it is beyond me why they would not let us use one of the games main features in such a large part of the game?

It is bad and stupid design and there really is no way around that. It is like Blizzard is trying its bets to make Legion the worst expantion in history. YES, it bothers me!

Deleted
    The kind of response where you think anyone that doesn't agree with your hyperbole MUST BE UP BLIZZARDS ass does infact not make you cynical. It just makes you a moron.
    That kind of logic goes also both ways. But you aren't able to comprehend written text like youve shown above.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Context, dude. Try to get some.
    I mean, if you actually had context instead of your usual "OMG ITS JUST FOR DA MONEY! DA SHAREHOLDERZZZZZZ!!!" I would actually care.

Makes sense lore wise that we can't fly there. New planet, blah blah blah.

7+ Year Old Account
    I dont want flying. Especially on Argus. The whole feel is that it's THEIR planet. We're having to cut through them to attack. If we can just fly over the demons. What's the point of having a setting?

The effort needed for the pathfinder achievement irks me as i've still not got it. I think at this stage it should just be something you can buy etc. I've spent more than enough time on the ground. I've re-rolled and as I've yet to reach the rep requirements on 3 factions, and still need to complete the surumar campaign, i've to start those grinds all over again. Then there's Part 2... If i'd kept playing a class I've no love for any more i'd have it. That's the only part I hate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't bother me at all, tho I do expect it to come after a few months (if it doesn't I'm still fine without it)

I do however wish they implemented it differently. Think TBC max lvl subzones.

You CAN fly, but the enemy has understandable cannons that will shoot you down in 5 sec.
    I'd love it if it was that way, it would give me an even better sense of a front seeing people get plucked off the sky all the time
    Nothing sweeter then seeing a bunch of people fly up at once only to be sniped and brought crushing down 5 sec later :P

(and yes i'd have people who flight high up only to use a glider get shoot too )
    Last edited by Denizly; 2017-06-30 at 10:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Geckoo View Post
    Did you get to Garnia using the birds every time? i certainly didn't. It was a fun concept to try out, i used it to reach some chests and to complete rolo's riddle, but after a while every time i wanted to reach that spot i just glided there using a flying mount from outside the island. Timeless island is just full of this kind of situations: great concepts for a non flying area, but they get old really fast.
    The birds were clunky and took too long, so Blizz should design these things better. I made use of Goblin Glider a lot, both on Timeless Isle as well as in Draenor. Rather than place fixed methods to reach the reward, Blizz ought to give us tools to pave our own path. Gnomish Gravity Well combined with Goblin Glider isn't nearly as straightforward as flying, but it was far more enjoyable than reaching stuff the way designers meant them to be reached, as it made the world a dynamic playground. It brings creativity into the mix.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

Kinda... but then I find world content a necessary evil to raid. I don't really want to do the content to start with but I need leggos and ap so if I must I would rather swoop in and out as quickly as possible,

I'm fine with no-flying when content is current. But keeping it no-fly forever, is just poor design.

I have zero interest going back to timeless isle now, but absolutely would to finish up achievements if we could fly there. There's no reason to keep old content grounded.

Quote Originally Posted by whynotchris View Post
    This is just a general poll I wanted to make because some people seem so passionate about flight bans. While I'd rather fly, if given the choice, I don't actually mind being grounded. In new content in particular, loss of flight doesn't bother me because I understand the reasoning behind it.

Does it bother you?
    I suspect that this poll will be pretty heavily biased. At this point in the game very few of the people who really enjoy flight are even still around. That leaves mostly hardcore fans or people who don't give a shit either way, and will continue to play the game regardless of what direction Blizzard takes the game.

If you're looking for confirmation bias, this is where you'll find it. :/

So.... basically most MMO's aren't Open World since Flying is in very few of them? hurr durr.
    Flying is in very few of them, but not all of them also have claustrophobic design.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

I think for something like Legion, they should have flying allowed 100%. Just have there be tons and tons of legion felbats and other flying shit in the air that'll constantly knock you off your mount. If you "idle" longer than 2 seconds, booted off by artillery. Constant flack in the area from all of the artillery and shit, that you don't fly at 280/310, you fly at 80%, meaning ground is faster.

Maybe you need to loremaster the zone before all of that shit gets cut down and you get some of your speed back (like up to 150 maybe), or you have a daily quest to shoot down the bats and blow up the artillery and you get some gold, some currency (nethershards or what the fuck ever) and a "clear skies" buff for 24 hours/2 hours.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

This is just flame bait. It should be obvious by now that flying should not be allowed in new zones. Let this "discussion" die.
    "Leave your personal feedback, don't try to convince them that "everyone" hates something." - Ion Hazzikostas
    It's actually Wowhead, if I quoted directly from Ion the signature would drag out too long.

Overall I don't mind waiting for flying, but I think it would be nice to maintain it throughout an xpac. I've earned it already through a pretty long achivement chain and an excessive wait just to be grounded in the next patch.

Realistically flying should be earned at max level and then you get it for the rest of the xpac.

Deleted
    All their care is how they can stretch playing hours in order to increase profits and look good to shareholders. They dont care what the players want.
    Sounds like you need to get some context, and get a clue why you're at it. Multimillion dollar games company wants to increase profit and please shareholders? Amazing. And according to you their route to this is...not allowing flight in a new expansion area. I mean, do you actually think before you vomit your drivel?

Also, according to you, Blizzard don't care what the players want. Which is why they are introducing an entirely new, massive, and lore significant endgame area. With a raid. With a 5 man. With procedural rifts, new animations, new iterations on existing systems and relic reforges. This is Blizzard not caring what the players want?

Get out.

Thank you for your brilliant insight.