Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

[Spoilers] Argus: what he/it is?

This guy should be the final boss of Legion. We have the models of all known Titans, except Sargeras.

So, is he/it Sargeras? No, he's not. Sargeras is probably doing well eons away of Argus. And one would think that if this model belonged to Sargeras, it will be more Legionnish (green fire and stuff). The fact is that he doesn't look at all like any picture that we have seen of Sargeras, but he certainly looks like a Titan, so, what the hell is this guy?

My thoughts on the matter are the following: Sargeras is scared of the Void, probably in his travels across the universe, he has seen a bigger manifestation of the forces of The Void, but he knows that he cannot trust any Titan (if they are more than the ones that he killed) or Baby Titans (world-souls are dangerous so they must be destroyed before The Void could corrupt them).

So he has a problem, he couldn't fight The Void everywhere, and his Legion is proving insufficient to help him in this matter. So he grab the souls of the Titans that he killed, and twist them, creating very powerful allies, ready to follow his commands, but far beyond his power, just in case something goes wrong. This is what he's doing in Argus, but we will avoid it.

BUT, not only he is trying to make the Titans his pets, he is experimenting with the concept of World-Souls. He's Sargeras, there is nothing that he couldn't achieve. So he tries to create the definitive weapon, Argus the Unmaker, a World-Soul created by himself, a very powerful ally. And he try to create this thing in Argus, a powerful planet, with the might of the Eredar to defend it, and with their intelligence to help in his development. And here is when it comes to mind, and makes sense, Kil' Jaeden famous quote: 'I paid for that destiny with my world'.

And how do you create a World-Soul by yourself? Well, feeding it with souls, a thing that the Legion collects by millions.
    Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

As was said in other thread - there is literally one reason a being could have a name like a planet. It's when such being is born of that planet - a Titan.

I run through Chronicle to check if Argus having a world soul was ever mentioned, but it seems it wasn't.

The main problem is still that he doesn't look like full-scale Titan... and he can't be it either as the Argus is still a planet that we walk on. Is he another Avatar then? But we already fought Avatar of Sargeras, and we know we will fight avatars of Eonar and Aggrammar, so having another avatar as final boss seems... dull.

He must certainly be described in quests on Argus leading to the raid. As long as we don't know these quests, I'm afraid there is not much to be said about him.

it's sargeras cleanced by the power of thralls holyness and khadgars apexis crystals. no jokes here boyz, he is a totaly new man now and he will help us fight threats of galactic scale (after we beat him ofc) i shit you not.

/thread

10+ Year Old Account
    I still believe it is an placeholder name, and blizz got something in mind. Like secret ending or something only mythic mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post
    As was said in other thread - there is literally one reason a being could have a name like a planet. It's when such being is born of that planet - a Titan.

I run through Chronicle to check if Argus having a world soul was ever mentioned, but it seems it wasn't.

The main problem is still that he doesn't look like full-scale Titan... and he can't be it either as the Argus is still a planet that we walk on. Is he another Avatar then? But we already fought Avatar of Sargeras, and we know we will fight avatars of Eonar and Aggrammar, so having another avatar as final boss seems... dull.

He must certainly be described in quests on Argus leading to the raid. As long as we don't know these quests, I'm afraid there is not much to be said about him.
    If it is a natural World-Soul, then we woulnd't we fighting him at his full power. He will adopt a weak form to fight us (like Ragnaros in the Molten Core).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    I still believe it is an placeholder name, and blizz got something in mind. Like secret ending or something only mythic mode.
    I don't think so, because I can't remember Blizzard using placeholders for the names of final bosses before. Besides that, why use Argus the Unmaker (a cool name IMO), when they can just call it final boss or bad guy or whatever that doesn't sound like a believable name?

7+ Year Old Account
    Well... there's this guy.

http://media.mmo-champion.com/images...tanBuilder.jpg

"Titan Builder".

10+ Year Old Account
    He's probably Argus' world-soul. Anyone who thinks its Sargeras is fucking autistic.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2017-06-30 at 10:11 PM. Reason: Received Infraction

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkarath View Post
    And one would think that if this model belonged to Sargeras, it will be more Legionnish (green fire and stuff).
    Not at all...
    Green fire was never Sargearas's thing... there's a reason Gul'dan turns all organge/red when empowered by him.

Other than that i agree with the post.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigxy the Lemming View Post

"Titan Builder".
    WoW I didn't see that, VERY interesting, at it supports my theory a little bit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    Not at all...
    Green fire was never Sargearas's thing... there's a reason Gul'dan turns all organge/red when empowered by him.

Other than that i agree with the post.
    We have seen him in red and green Avatars:

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Try as best as you can to ensure your thread's title isn't itself a spoiler until 7.3 is closer to hitting the Live servers. I've changed the thread's title to something that isn't the name of one of the 7.3 data-mined models.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

What if 7.3 isn't the final raid at all? We'll know more later, but it doesn't look like this is Sargeras. A few threads make sense, but not all. Argus doesn't have a world soul as far as we know, so that doesn't make sense. Is this a regenerated Sargeras? Does he even need to regenerate considering the only bit of media that suggests that is a book from years ago, with no re mention in the Chronicles. Where the fuck is he? He IS the main guy of the expansion, from the first ever expansion announcement page, to Gul'dan trying to summon him, to Kil'jaeden talking to him, and all the other references.

Only explanation is if this guy is Sargeras remade, but not sure how that even works for the story, because again, only lore nerds know of his fate in the books, and that was a long time ago anyway.

So it's a constructed titan from the middle of argus, built by whatever foul mechanism, and there's more to come after 7.3. I'm all for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarkol View Post
    What if 7.3 isn't the final raid at all? We'll know more later, but it doesn't look like this is Sargeras. A few threads make sense, but not all. Argus doesn't have a world soul as far as we know, so that doesn't make sense. Is this a regenerated Sargeras? Does he even need to regenerate considering the only bit of media that suggests that is a book from years ago, with no re mention in the Chronicles. Where the fuck is he? He IS the main guy of the expansion, from the first ever expansion announcement page, to Gul'dan trying to summon him, to Kil'jaeden talking to him, and all the other references.

Only explanation is if this guy is Sargeras remade, but not sure how that even works for the story, because again, only lore nerds know of his fate in the books, and that was a long time ago anyway.

So it's a constructed titan from the middle of argus, built by whatever foul mechanism, and there's more to come after 7.3. I'm all for that.
    I highly doubt that there is a major patch coming after 7.3. We are getting 3 zones, we are invading the main Legion planet, where could be facing Sargeras after this? Only in a future expansion with a different plot IMO. I cannot repeat it enough, Blizzard ALWAYS leaves a door open, every faction that we had defeated has the potential to come back, it won't be different with the Legion, especially with Sargeras alive and well for all that we know.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Try as best as you can to ensure your thread's title isn't itself a spoiler until 7.3 is closer to hitting the Live servers. I've changed the thread's title to something that isn't the name of one of the 7.3 data-mined models.
    Sorry about that.

I think he is the corrupted worldsoul and there is a boss after which will be Sargeras. If u look at the dungeon journal his description also mentions section 5. There are 4 wings, including him, so what if they havent put the last one on the ptr yet. Also the last boss gets as good as always a seperate achievement, he is in wing 4.

WoW I didn't see that, VERY interesting, at it supports my theory a little bit.

- - - Updated - - -

We have seen him in red and green Avatars:

First screenshot is a fully fledged, uncorrupted Sargeras. Second is a fel infused Sargeras. Not the same.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sigxy the Lemming View Post

"Titan Builder".
    This guy is called titan builder because that's literally what his fight is. He builds titan constructs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaxx View Post
    I think he is the corrupted worldsoul and there is a boss after which will be Sargeras. If u look at the dungeon journal his description also mentions section 5. There are 4 wings, including him, so what if they havent put the last one on the ptr yet. Also the last boss gets as good as always a seperate achievement, he is in wing 4.
    wow that's fantastic, if it's like that I'd be amazed

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DaHomieG View Post
    He's probably Argus' world-soul. Anyone who thinks its Sargeras is fucking autistic.
    There's a good chance, a very good chance, that Argus the Unmaker is Sargeras in some form. The entire plotline of this expansion would make a whole lot of sense if we end up killing him.

It could be wrong, maybe he's not the final boss but a lot of things are pointing to the fact that he will.

The truth is, there is a group who don't want him to be the final boss because once he's the final boss he's done. They'd much prefer for these lore baddies to be permanently out of reach if possible, a never ending threat continually recycled.

It's been nearly twenty years in real time. It is more than time for the Legion storyline to end. If Sargeras survives it means another Legion expansion and even if that occurs, the same people will still be arguing that he can't be the final boss there either. The final reckoning with this character cannot be endlessly deferred. It's going to happen eventually, so why not now when we invade the Legion's homeworld?

Quote Originally Posted by Slaxx View Post
    Where did you find that mention of "section 5" ?

- - - Updated - - -

edit: I see now.

That has nothing to do with raid wings, its editor's note.

I hope it's Sargeras' new body that he grew after the whole Well of Eternity thing. The whole KJ sacrificing Argus for Sargeras thing and all that.

I really hope it's not some "Argus was a titan all along! Every race is the same thing!" nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    I hope it's Sargeras' new body that he grew after the whole Well of Eternity thing. The whole KJ sacrificing Argus for Sargeras thing and all that.

I really hope it's not some "Argus was a titan all along! Every race is the same thing!" nonsense.
    Sargeras being injured at the Well of Eternity was retconned. Only thing that happened to him was the ankle scratch from Brox.

Deleted
    I get a strong Thunder King vibe from him. Looks to me like he could be related to Mogu or Trolls? Or maybe he's the Titan that created the Draenei?