Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    When I lived at home, if I could make an educated explanation of a needed item (like a computer) then my parents would buy that item. If it was something extraneous (new clothes, gas money, going out with friends) then I had to get a job and pay for it muself. Kinda funny they'd drop $1,000 no problem for a good reason but $10 to go bowling GET A JOB!

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Find some age-appropriate forum to ask your question, most people here are adults.
    Leave him. If only teens asked adults more silly questions. Beats finding out the hard way about a lot of stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Are you old enough to be online? You keep asking questions only affecting people under 14
    Does it matter if he's 12 or 13 and asking a question here?

Why are individuals being flat out idiots? It's someone asking another about life skills and expectancy, to adults who have passed that point.
    Always one twat who wants to use their supposed intelligence in a satirical manner like it's the to-do thing.
    It's not, you're just a twat who needs to mature and remember those beneath you in age, will be financing your world in the future. Educate them not ridicule them.

At 16, you can get a job but yes I struggled myself for a year looking for work at your age.
    My advice is make yourself a resume/CV and get your parents help in writing it or even from school if you're prolonging your education.
    Keep going for jobs and applying, anything and everything and hand that resume/CV in, you might get pop luck but don't give up.
    I would also suggest prepares looking at what careers you would like or better yet your skills. Are you good at art or something? If so, maybe look at defining it through education to help you finance your future.
    Last edited by Evangeliste; 2017-06-30 at 11:51 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Guess I'll answer about what I used to do when I still was a kid

I started working at 15 so I always had money to spend myself.
    I hated being dependent from others from young age and I still do to this day.
    Similar here.

I started working at age 15 in order to buy stuff for myself. My parents also gave me a monthly allowance (€100) from age 18. They did usually buy whatever I needed (not whatever I wanted) before I turned 18.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital Dream View Post
    do you get money from your parents for it to spend on what you want or save them for something OR do you have to tell your parents to buy something and they might buy it it instead of you saving for buying it?
    I am a grown man, but when parents bought my cloths they decided what I wear, if I did, then I could pick pretty much anything I wanted until on my own. Then asschaps all day every day.

Just kidding, but now I wear suits rarely tailor made, and anything else custom, thus no shopping often for me unless I save up, which you should. A part time job at least if you're 16.

Buying your own cloths helps you appreciate it more, so that you get exactly what you want instead of what you think you want. Saves you money and teaches you to about investing in yourself.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    Does it matter if he's 12 or 13 and asking a question here?
    Have you read his history it's borderline spam

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Evangeliste View Post
    Why are individuals being flat out idiots? It's someone asking another about life skills and expectancy, to adults who have passed that point.
    Always one twat who wants to use their supposed intelligence in a satirical manner like it's the to-do thing.
    It's not, you're just a twat who needs to mature and remember those beneath you in age, will be financing your world in the future. Educate them not ridicule them.

At 16, you can get a job but yes I struggled myself for a year looking for work at your age.
    My advice is make yourself a resume/CV and get your parents help in writing it or even from school if you're prolonging your education.
    Keep going for jobs and applying, anything and everything and hand that resume/CV in, you might get pop luck but don't give up.
    I would also suggest prepares looking at what careers you would like or better yet your skills. Are you good at art or something? If so, maybe look at defining it through education to help you finance your future.
    Im not on here to parent children... Especially children not interested in independence

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Hello pot, meet kettle

When I was 16 I had some kind, but I wasn't really picky when it comes to cloths so just went with what my parents got me. If I seen a item I wanted I bought it myself.

He has 144 posts.. You have over 24,000. Pot meet kettle.

I go to the store and buy them.. How else do you buy clothes? I don't buy online as I like to try them on first.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    He has 144 posts.. You have over 24,000. Pot meet kettle.
    In seven yearss

In seven yearss
    Exactly.That is 9.5 posts per day every single day over 7 years in order to have that many posts. I do not think you should be lecturing anyone about spam.

Quote Originally Posted by Digital Dream View Post
    live in latvia
    Cam girl. Easy money for Latvia teen.

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly.That is 9.5 posts per day every single day over 7 years in order to have that many posts. I do not think you should be lecturing anyone about spam.
    Post from work, get into some discussions etc. Not that hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Deleted
    Just because you don't have anything to say doesn't mean others dont... I have literally had a 2hr conversation in a thread which according to your math would equal a weeks worth, that's what forums are for discussions

Just because you don't have anything to say doesn't mean others dont... I have literally had a 2hr conversation in a thread which according to your math would equal a weeks worth, that's what forums are for discussions
    Jumping into a thread to talk down to a 16 year and act like conversing as an adult with him is beneath you does tend to increase ones' post count I suppose.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dirty and rip up your clothes you have now then tell teachers at school that your parents won't buy you new clothes. They will be so ashamed when people start asking questions that they'll buy you new clothes.

When I was your age my parents provided clothes, within reason (basically every year went through and replaced anything that had been worn out/I had outgrown). If there was something I wanted beyond that, that was on me. I also worked 12-14 hour days in the summer doing construction and had a part time job at a restaurant during the school year, so I could always afford basic wants.

Despite all the comments of people assuming there are kids everywhere like people saying their guild is mature, 18+, asking for raids without kids, etc. that only makes people believe WoW is swarmed with kids.

Little do they know the average player age is well over 25. (in WoW)

The overall gamer (any games) age is over 30.

10+ Year Old Account
    I had a crippling addiction to Magic the Gathering as a teen so I have had a job since I was 14 and haven't asked for money for an clothes or extra stuff for almost 21 years now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

Teenagers get jobs in Latvia, you're just lazy
    Looks like we have a latvian teens' employment expert here.

Yes, there are working teens in every country, but they are definitely not a majority, but rather a slim minority. I know in my high school class noone worked during the school period, and only a select few worked part-time during holidays. And this was by no means an elitist high school.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.